• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ain't gonna lie....

Wretch

People forget that it was the HAWKS who were up 3 - 2 in that 1988 Boston series. And we blew that game at the end.

Freaking Cliff Levingston taking that last push/jump/hook shot and clanging off the backboard and rim.

• Like 2

I'll never stop being a fan, but a 2nd round loss this year is unacceptable.  Honestly, it's got less to do with giving up on the team or frustration over how we play...  There are few things in my life that mean more to me than the Hawks and it has been that way for decades.  People don't understand that and I don't care.  I'm really at a loss for words to say just how embarrassing and disappointing it would be to lose this series.

I had to check out Sunday after we lost.  I had promised my kids I'd take them to see Avengers and had to miss the 2nd half of Game 1.  I was in the middle of the movie checking my phone...dumbfounded at how we lost the lead.  When I realized we lost the game I was completely zoned out.  My immediate thought was, "I have got to stop caring so much about this team."

Again, I'm not predicting gloom and doom.  I honestly can't even picture us losing the series.  But seeing the Wizards in the ECF's...with Paul Pierce....  And then having to hear it from all my friends and coworkers...like I have for 30 years...  Then top it off with having to hear the National Media...

LOL...naw.  Folks can call it what they want, but I would have to shut it down for the foreseeable future.  I'm not going to be able to deal with the disappointment this year.

I hear you.  I'm not knee jerk either like @Duff_Man is mentioning but I've told myself several times that if the Hawks don't at least make ECF I'm going to need a break.

I've taken so much time watching every regular season game through the ups and downs and every playoff game even though there has been so much going on with my life during the season.  It's a lot you invest emotionally.  The regular season has had a lot of postivies but it's also set the standard for what should be a successful postseason and even though we're still here it doesn't feel like the same team at the moment.  I'm only going on about 15 years so I can't imagine where you're at after 30.

I wouldn't pull myself away completely but I'd at least need some time to follow this team like I do the Braves:  don't pay them much attention during the regular season, check scores/standings every so often, then tune in when I can during the playoffs.  I know deep down I'm still a true Hawks fan, let's just say I'd be on "rehabilitation leave" lol.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hear you.  I'm not knee jerk either like @Duff_Man is mentioning but I've told myself several times that if the Hawks don't at least make ECF I'm going to need a break.

I've taken so much time watching every regular season game through the ups and downs and every playoff game even though there has been so much going on with my life during the season.  It's a lot you invest emotionally.  The regular season has had a lot of postivies but it's also set the standard for what should be a successful postseason and even though we're still here it doesn't feel like the same team at the moment.  I'm only going on about 15 years so I can't imagine where you're at after 30.

I wouldn't pull myself away completely but I'd at least need some time to follow this team like I do the Braves:  don't pay them much attention during the regular season, check scores/standings every so often, then tune in when I can during the playoffs.  I know deep down I'm still a true Hawks fan, let's just say I'd be on "rehabilitation leave" lol.

Yep.  

That's about how I do the Falcons and Braves.  I'll keep up with the box scores and check in when they make some noise. Otherwise, I don't even know they exist.  Crazy thing is, had this just been a typical Hawks season...I wouldn't miss a beat.  They can't tease me like this right now and not deliver...not after waiting for so long.

The good news is that if the Hawks don't make the ECF, you get a break until November.