• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 3 (5 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Why is every team shooting so well against us in the playoffs? Sometimes the Hawks are being lazy, but alot of times the shots are contested. It's crazy. I can't put my finger on it.

The ball pressure and activity just isn't there like it should be. Way too many guys for Washington surveying the floor and facing the basket in space. It starts out front, Teague is favoring his foot on defense, and he was no All-NBA Defender to begin with.

The residual effect of losing Thabo has this team in a tailspin. It's pretty depressing actually.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

The ball pressure and activity just isn't there like it should be. It starts out front, Teague is favoring his foot on defense, and he was no All-NBA Defender to begin with.

The residual effect of losing Thabo has this team in a tailspin. It's pretty depressing actually.

Washington is missing John Wall, and we're still whining about Thabo?  Come on dude.

• Like 1

Stop overreacting.

Probabilities says we did the right thing, even if Pierce is great in the clutch... fouling give you less probabilities to win...

You can blame Bud for some things in this game, but not for not fouling in the last play of the game.

I guarantee you the talking heads on the radio Monday morning are gonna agree with me. 

• Premium Member

Stop overreacting.

Probabilities says we did the right thing, even if Pierce is great in the clutch... fouling give you less probabilities to win...

You can blame Bud for some things in this game, but not for not fouling in the last play of the game.

I agree there shouldn't have been a foul, but Bazemore should have came over a second earlier than he did and trapped Pierce.  The entire Hawks defense should have rotated around forcing pierce to make a cross court pass to the corner with 2 seconds on the clock.

http://streamable.com/80lm

This is a HUGE lapse by Bazemore.

• Premium Member

And DMC on that last shot!  How does the shortest player on our freaking roster end up trying to defend Paul Pierce under those circumstances.  Could it be that he was on Budenhozer's freaking defensive unit along with Korver???

• Premium Member

And DMC on that last shot!  How does the shortest player on our freaking roster end up trying to defend Paul Pierce under those circumstances.  Could it be that he was on Budenhozer's freaking defensive unit along with Korver???

Even if DMC was on the floor, he would have had to switch off of PP.  This is purely on Bazemore for his late doubleteam.

I have seen enough of Pero. Dude couldn't hit shots and was watching rebounds. Moose played well down the stretch of the season but has been glued to the bench. Only reason he got in today because the Hawks were down big. NO MORE PERO.

Jeff still shot awful but at least he was out there attacking. Hopefully he carries this into the next game but shoots better

• Like 1

I guarantee you the talking heads on the radio Monday morning are gonna agree with me. 

That's because they don't know maths or don't want to reason it.

Do they also play lottery?

You were right in the first point of your post, but not with the second...

Anyway I have to say that its' a bit unfair too because the bench has not played well in the PO, but I would have given Dennis and Muscala much more minutes, Teague was out of the game... and Antić... is Antić...

• Moderators

1 they are called shock jocks for a reason.

2 in your best case scenario we are taking a 3 after gifting wash the lead. Since Moose and Thabo shoot way less than 50% from 3, we are more likely to lose than win. There won't bd a lot of second guessing. If it was a sound strategy, teams would do it every possession.

On a single possession the odds can be bucked. That happened here and it sucks.

I agree there shouldn't have been a foul, but Bazemore should have came over a second earlier than he did and trapped Pierce.  The entire Hawks defense should have rotated around forcing pierce to make a cross court pass to the corner with 2 seconds on the clock.

http://streamable.com/80lm

This is a HUGE lapse by Bazemore.

Foul. Put Washington at the free throw line. Dennis brings the ball down and the Hawks take the last shot and we not having this discussion........

That's why you put in your bigger defenders like Carroll to match up better in case of a switch.

No you put in fitting defenders for each position, because otherwise a small guy will go by your bigs. Big lineup only if you care about the rebound.

Not a lucky switch, but that happens. You have to switch otherwise somebody may/will be free at least some seconds to shot

• Like 1

1 they are called shock jocks for a reason.

2 in your best case scenario we are taking a 3 after gifting wash the lead. Since Moose and Thabo shoot way less than 50% from 3, we are more likely to lose than win. There won't bd a lot of second guessing. If it was a sound strategy, teams would do it every possession.

On a single possession the odds can be bucked. That happened here and it sucks.

lol...no wonder they lost......

• Premium Member

Foul. Put Washington at the free throw line. Dennis brings the ball down and the Hawks take the last shot and we not having this discussion........

You never foul with 10 seconds left when the other team is in the bonus and the game is tied.  No one does this.  I don't even understand the logic behind this at all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No you put in fitting defenders for each position, because otherwise a small guy will go by your bigs. Big lineup only if you care about the rebound.

Not a lucky switch, but that happens. You have to switch otherwise somebody may/will be free at least some seconds to shot

What??

• Premium Member

Why was Dennis on the floor?????

So we'd have an outlet in case of a steal.  He's the fastest player on the floor so it makes sense.  

Dennis played fantastic defense, the best that could be asked of him in that situation.  Bazemore is always slow at decision making, so I think DMC should have been in instead of Bazemore.  

Lineups aside, a double was absolutely necessary after the absolutely necessary switch.