• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im done. Coach Bud gonna let the ship go down with Antić.........

atlhawks1

I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game.

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. Just ask the Houston Rockets, who looks ultra soft right now and got ran out the arena tonight. And the leader of the softness is not Harden, it's that goofy playful Mo Fo playing center.

Horford is averaging 16 pts - 10 rebs - and almost 6 asst in these 3 games vs Washington .. on 44% FG. While people may applaud those numbers, he needs to do more. More important, he has to WANT to do more.

Honestly, (( bleep )) efficiency. He needs to produce numbers by any means necessary. If he's the cornerstone of the franchise and the best player on the floor, he needs to prove it.

Lebron was nowhere near efficient today. But he battled and fought and put he and his team in position to win the game at the end. And he did it.

To me, there are NO MORE EXCUSES for this team. NONE. And no one gets a pass. Not Teague. Not Horford. Not Bud. None of them.

This is honestly the first 2nd round series in which the Hawks were expected to win. Even when the 8th seed Knicks blew us out 4 - 0 in the 2nd round, many picked the Knicks to beat us after they beat the #1 seed Heat in Round 1.

Horford's legacy as a Hawk is on the line. Get us to the Conference Finals for the first time in 44 years, and he will be one of the most beloved Hawk players of all time. He will be part of the greatest regular season team in Hawks history that also made a deep playoff run.

But lose this series vs a Wizards team without its best player, despite being the #1 seed, his legacy as a Hawk will be no better than JJ's or Steve Smith's or even Kevin Willis'.

Well said.

I hate Antić too. He plays ok outside of the stupid 3 pointers he takes. If he wouldn't shoot outside I would be ok with him.

No he's awful at everything. Think's he is a 3 point shooter (but usually can't hit them), awful defender, awful rebounder because he has awful hands and no athleticism and has zero post up game or ablity to finish inside. One of the most useless players I have ever seen but Bud continues to call him first off the bench. Don't understand it.

I'm to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing Horford shopped for another legitimate center, like Boogie, or as part of a trade to net a top prospect center in the draft.  If he's not hitting his jumper consistently, his entire offensive game is thrown off and he's still not strong enough to create his shot against the bigger centers.  I love him but think it might be time to move him IF the right trade scenario presents itself.

Edited by Eddielives

I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game.

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. Just ask the Houston Rockets, who looks ultra soft right now and got ran out the arena tonight. And the leader of the softness is not Harden, it's that goofy playful Mo Fo playing center.

Horford is averaging 16 pts - 10 rebs - and almost 6 asst in these 3 games vs Washington .. on 44% FG. While people may applaud those numbers, he needs to do more. More important, he has to WANT to do more.

Honestly, (( bleep )) efficiency. He needs to produce numbers by any means necessary. If he's the cornerstone of the franchise and the best player on the floor, he needs to prove it.

Lebron was nowhere near efficient today. But he battled and fought and put he and his team in position to win the game at the end. And he did it.

To me, there are NO MORE EXCUSES for this team. NONE. And no one gets a pass. Not Teague. Not Horford. Not Bud. None of them.

This is honestly the first 2nd round series in which the Hawks were expected to win. Even when the 8th seed Knicks blew us out 4 - 0 in the 2nd round, many picked the Knicks to beat us after they beat the #1 seed Heat in Round 1.

Horford's legacy as a Hawk is on the line. Get us to the Conference Finals for the first time in 44 years, and he will be one of the most beloved Hawk players of all time. He will be part of the greatest regular season team in Hawks history that also made a deep playoff run.

But lose this series vs a Wizards team without its best player, despite being the #1 seed, his legacy as a Hawk will be no better than JJ's or Steve Smith's or even Kevin Willis'.

Hey Northcyde, care to walk back your ludicrous comments about our beast of a captain Al Horford. I almost responded earlier today. Glad I didn't because now you look even sillier. Dude is a winner period. He won two titles in college it's in his DNA. Thank God for our WARRIOR BEAST Al Horford because tonight he WILLED US TO VICTORY. What a f-ing effort!

Hey Northcyde, care to walk back your ludicrous comments about our beast of a captain Al Horford. I almost responded earlier today. Glad I didn't because now you look even sillier. Dude is a winner period. He won two titles in college it's in his DNA. Thank God for our WARRIOR BEAST Al Horford because tonight he WILLED US TO VICTORY. What a f-ing effort!

What @TheNorthCydeRises said was absolutely correct - Al's legacy is on the line. He did what most of us want - to show up when it mattered most - in the playoffs, to do more. Legacy's are built in the playoffs. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Do you not read well, sir?  I know you have a dog in this fight because you immediately chomped up what Northcyde said previously like a little lap dog.   Let me re-post VERBATIM the first portion of his response.  

He said Horford was unable and unwilling to will us to victory.  I'd, um, say tonight's effort begs to differ.  As far as playoffs, being part of legacies.  I have another profound truth for you:  WATER IS WET.  What a groundbreaking observation.

So now, his comments verbatim...and do be a peach and tell me what parts of this did not totally get refuted tonight:

"I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game. 

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. Just ask the Houston Rockets, who looks ultra soft right now and got ran out the arena tonight. And the leader of the softness is not Harden, it's that goofy playful Mo Fo playing center."

Edited by bumpyphish1
  • Like 1

Do you not read well, sir? I know you have a dog in this fight because you immediately chomped up what Northcyde said previously like a little lap dog. Let me re-post VERBATIM the first portion of his response.

He said Horford was unable and unwilling to will us to victory. I'd, um, say tonight's effort begs to differ. As far as playoffs, being part of legacies. I have another profound truth for you: WATER IS WET. What a groundbreaking observation.

So now, his comments verbatim...and do be a peach and tell me what parts of this did not totally get refuted tonight:

"I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game.

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. Just ask the Houston Rockets, who looks ultra soft right now and got ran out the arena tonight. And the leader of the softness is not Harden, it's that goofy playful Mo Fo playing center."

1st I'm not a sir and if you knew me well enough you would know that I rarely agree with North so no I'm definitely not his lap dog.

Exactly what Horford did tonight is what we ALL want to see from Al on a CONSISTENT basis.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Funny how the playoffs bring out the posters that don't know our regulars, huh? I saw the "sir" and started laughing. Not an lol type laughing because I'm not @kg01 but still an actual laughing.

But anyway, shouldn't this thread be closed by now? Where are our mods to help out our lost posters? If you say you're done, well then OK bye.

The playoffs typically bring around some new folks but I honestly chuckle when I see previous members who thought they had such golden comedy material during the offseason all of a sudden reappear 82+ games later.

Funny first lady, I've been a member of this site two years longer than you have.

Apparently, I just don't have as much free time on my hands as you do.  Sad are those who want respect for spending more time than others on INTERNET MESSAGE BOARDS.

Oh, and you were still wrong.

Funny first lady, I've been a member of this site two years longer than you have.

Apparently, I just don't have as much free time on my hands as you do. Sad are those who want respect for spending more time than others on INTERNET MESSAGE BOARDS.

Oh, and you were still wrong.

We just had one of the biggest wins in franchise history. A game that was wire to wire and had all of us on the edge of our seats and all you can do is stomp around and thump your chest.

What gives?

Why not enjoy this monumental win with your fellow fan?

• Like 2

I'm not sure why its funny.

What I do with my time, free or otherwise is my business.

I neither crave nor seek anyone's respect on this internet message board and definitely not yours.

I will stick by assertion that North's point was spot on. We need more from Al which we got last night. No one cares that he's a 2X NCAA champion, All we care about is right now. As our 3 time Allstar, highest paid player, #3 lottery pick don't be content with giving us regular season AL - its the playoffs,go to the next level put the team on your back and take this Hawks team where they have never been. This is what we got tonight from Al.

If you don't get that then you're being intentionally obtuse.

We just had one of the biggest wins in franchise history. A game that was wire to wire and had all of us on the edge of our seats and all you can do is stomp around and thump your chest.

What gives?

Why not enjoy this monumental win with your fellow fan?

1) Read the transcript above.  2) See how I was mocked and marginalized for not being "a regular'.  3) Then understand why I said what I did. 4) If still confused, repeat.

Edited by bumpyphish1

I'm not sure why its funny.

What I do with my time, free or otherwise is my business.

I neither crave nor seek anyone's respect on this internet message board and definitely not yours.

I will stick by assertion that North's point was spot on. We need more from Al which we got last night. No one cares that he's a 2X NCAA champion, All we care about is right now. As our 3 time Allstar, highest paid player, #3 lottery pick don't be content with giving us regular season AL - its the playoffs,go to the next level put the team on your back and take this Hawks team where they have never been. This is what we got tonight from Al.

If you don't get that then you're being intentionally obtuse.

Funny is probably not right.  "Ironic" is better.  It's IRONIC because you are mocking me for not knowing you because I'm not a "regular" yet I have been a member of this site for longer than you.  That's the IRONY in your mocking me for not knowing who you are.

Stick by Northcyde, ma'am.  Everything Northcyde characterized Al as was clearly disproven tonight.  If you don't get that, it's you that is obtuse (in addition to being stubborn).   

This thread is a perfect example why I choose to stay away from posting on threads on the Squawk like I have in the past. I just do not understand all the negative backhanded comments that seems to litter the forum nowadays. It pisses me off so choose to read and keep my comments to myself. Well that and I am not sharpest tool in the shed. In game chat is the same way.. SMH

Funny is probably not right. "Ironic" is better. It's IRONIC because you are mocking me for not knowing you because I'm not a "regular" yet I have been a member of this site for longer than you. That's the IRONY in your mocking me for not knowing who you are.

Stick by Northcyde, ma'am. Everything Northcyde characterized Al as was clearly disproven tonight. If you don't get that, it's you that is obtuse (in addition to being stubborn).

Hey jackass! She is one of the more reasonable and pleasant posters here. She does not deserve your pat downs pal.

• Like 1

Well her inability to back down from agreeing with comments she supported that said, and again, I quote: 

""I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game. 

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. "

Now, you tell me if those words stand true after tonight (or in general).   Because she seems to prideful to back off her previous comments--only resorting to "well playoffs make players' legacies"--well, duh.  That point was never disputed.  Own up to your words and when you are wrong, be man (or woman) enough to admit it.

Big win tonight. Al was great tonight which I am glad but this team must pick it up and be better if it hopes to continue playing playoff basketball. Turnovers were at a season high 25 and although Al made the big play at the end the Hawk players mostly near the end of the game 2:00 under seem hesitiate to take the big shots and make them. It is why a player like Lebron, Pierce etc are so valuable to make the big shots at the end of games.

Let Bumpy have his moment. If he thinks this is his way of making me eat crow, so be it.

But everyone else knows what I was talking about. The type of effort that Al gave tonight, is what we'll need the rest of the playoffs, if we want to be champions.

I specifically said that he and Teague simply needed to do more. They can't settle for being simply good. They need to be GREAT. Al was great tonight, and willed this team to victory.

One of the last steps for Horford to take as a player, is to have games like these become the norm, instead of the exception. When these games become the norm, we're going to win a championship.

• Like 1