• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im done. Coach Bud gonna let the ship go down with Antić.........

atlhawks1

I'm not blaming it all him.... Fact is... The team is in the same spot they were in the late 90's and the Joe era Hawks. It might be a different style.... But the results look to be the same.

You still have to give Hawks some credit for having 60 wins in regular season, breaking their franchise record. Are you expecting Hawks to win a championship this season? Winning a championship is never easy, it takes a lot of heart, dedication and will. It also takes good fortune.

Don't get mad if Hawks don't win championship this year, It means Hawk have still have long ways to go. Good thing now is that Hawks got themselves a really good coach, Coach Bud have a  lot of championship experience from the Spurs. But it doesn't mean hawks will instantly win a championship just because they have coach Bud. The players will still have to put the effort in, and have that dedication and commitment, if they want to win a championship.

I also hope that Hawks will hire a big man for rebounding, and defending the paint, for next season. Trading Pero for a better High IQ player is also not bad.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

I dont think many of us expect a championship or would be upset if we lost in the finals. Thatd still be a major step for us. I think the majority of us have at least a minimum expectation that we make the ECF and if we dont we would be very dissappointed despite the accomplishments we had this season

• Like 1

What the Hawks proved is that the Spurs have the best SYSTEM, but it was STILL players who won those championships for the Spurs.  The Hawks need some PLAYERS that can rebound, disrupt on defense in the paint, and score IN THE PAINT to balance their offense. Things that Duncan can do for the Spurs........

Edited by atlhawks1

I dont think many of us expect a championship or would be upset if we lost in the finals. Thatd still be a major step for us. I think the majority of us have at least a minimum expectation that we make the ECF and if we dont we would be very dissappointed despite the accomplishments we had this season

the reality is that 99% of us did not think we even had a chance at the 1 seed. There were even folks saying we would miss the playoffs entirely. While I hate being down2-1 (I'm sure Golden State fans do too), we are not done. We still can play and win this series. One game at a time. Let's not roll over and give up on this team.

Go Hawks!!!

You still have to give Hawks some credit for having 60 wins in regular season, breaking their franchise record. Are you expecting Hawks to win a championship this season? Winning a championship is never easy, it takes a lot of heart, dedication and will. It also takes good fortune.

Don't get mad if Hawks don't win championship this year, It means Hawk have still have long ways to go. Good thing now is that Hawks got themselves a really good coach, Coach Bud have a  lot of championship experience from the Spurs. But it doesn't mean hawks will instantly win a championship just because they have coach Bud. The players will still have to put the effort in, and have that dedication and commitment, if they want to win a championship.

I also hope that Hawks will hire a big man for rebounding, and defending the paint, for next season. Trading Pero for a better High IQ player is also not bad.

I've heard all of this before. They won 57 games in 1997 and it a tougher conference. It never lead to anything better and it will be no different with this core.

Their 60 win season means nothing to me with such a forgettable payoff.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

We're about to win the next three straight.  Look it up, a lot of teams rally after learning that their best player will not be coming back.  We're about to steal back home court and win this thing in six.  Paul will feel better and Jeff will snap out of his funk.  Spurs were down 2-1 to the Mavs last year in the first round.  Heat have been down in several series against the Pacers and Celtics during their championship years.  We're going to the ECF to play the battered and bruised winner of chicago/cleveland.  I like our chances

• Like 3

What the Hawks proved is that the Spurs have the best SYSTEM, but it was STILL players who won those championships for the Spurs.  The Hawks need some PLAYERS that can rebound, disrupt on defense in the paint, and score IN THE PAINT to balance their offense. Things that Duncan can do for the Spurs........

Thats why they need a big man. I think that's only missing piece for the hawks. Hawks have enough talent but they need a big guy that can get rebounds and stop opponent scorers driving in the paint.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

A big man this class of free agents will be the best in years if they become free agents. Still alot of playoff ball to go but its time for these players to put up or shut up. This team should have a chip on its shoulders because the skeptics are out saying I told you so. The only way to shut up skeptics is put the pedal to the metal and play to win not lose. Hopefully the bench guys lit a spark to the starters. It was like the starters didn't want to be out there. No one cares what the Hawks did in the regular season its playoff time time to prove yourself.

• Like 1

We're about to win the next three straight.  Look it up, a lot of teams rally after learning that their best player will not be coming back.  We're about to steal back home court and win this thing in six.  Paul will feel better and Jeff will snap out of his funk.  Spurs were down 2-1 to the Mavs last year in the first round.  Heat have been down in several series against the Pacers and Celtics during their championship years.  We're going to the ECF to play the battered and bruised winner of chicago/cleveland.  I like our chances

Hopefully you're right.

Lol. Antić is Hawks version of the Falcons Bierrman. No way they come out of the lineup. Antić is soo bad, that even Bud yanked him after the first quarter of that nonsense. Problem is, Antić SET THE TONE for the Wizards early dominance. By the time bud yanked him, it was over. Just the pure heart of the Hawks bench brought them back. Why Scott hasnt gotten more playing time has always striked me as strange also.

In slight defense of Bud, Antić has played well most of the playoffs. And Scott has sucked. Moose should've been playing in front of Scott. Pero played like regular season Pero today.

The question to me is this: Bud has started Moose or Brand in almost every instance in which Millsap and/or Horford were out. Moose had 8 starts. Brand has 4. Pero only has 3. Yet, he chose to go with Pero for the start. Interesting.

On another note, a guy like Al Horford better start thinking about what he wants his legacy as a basketball player to be. And for a guy whose contract is up next summer, you'd hope he would be trying to become as good of a player as possible, if jus for the simple reason on of getting paid.

But I think he is content with being just good, and not great. We need someone who wants to be great on this team.

the reality is that 99% of us did not think we even had a chance at the 1 seed. There were even folks saying we would miss the playoffs entirely. While I hate being down2-1 (I'm sure Golden State fans do too), we are not done. We still can play and win this series. One game at a time. Let's not roll over and give up on this team.

Go Hawks!!!

NBA Tonight said that the Hawks are 2 - 20 all-time, when trailing 2 - 1 in a playoff series. I know for a fact that one of those comebacks was against Miami in 2009, but I can't remember the other time.

Come to think of it, it may be Miami again, in 1994, vs the #1 seed Hawks.

( checking .... )

Yep, it was that team. We were down 2 - 1 in a 5 game series, but won the last 2 games.

Thats why they need a big man. I think that's only missing piece for the hawks. Hawks have enough talent but they need a big guy that can get rebounds and stop opponent scorers driving in the paint.

I keep harping on that also, but whats REALLY strange is Moose, every time he gets extended playing time, makes me think he COULD be that guy for the Hawks. Not soo much as his defense, but his rebounding, athleticsm and movement around the basket. Honestly, i think he possibly could be the best post player the Hawks have.

Whatever they do, i dont wanna see a Milsap/Horford front line trotted out there again, and im thinking Bud is thinking the same thing.

Edited by atlhawks1

I keep harping on that also, but whats REALLY strange is Moose, every time he gets extended playing time, makes me think he COULD be that guy for the Hawks. Not soo much as his defense, but his rebounding, athleticsm and movement around the basket. Honestly, i think he possibly could be the best post player the Hawks have.

Whatever they do, i dont wanna see a Milsap/Horford front line trotted out there again, and im thinking Bud is thinking the same thing.

You think Muscula should gain weight? 

On another note, a guy like Al Horford better start thinking about what he wants his legacy as a basketball player to be. And for a guy whose contract is up next summer, you'd hope he would be trying to become as good of a player as possible, if jus for the simple reason on of getting paid.

But I think he is content with being just good, and not great. We need someone who wants to be great on this team.

Oh, that's just silly. Horford is our cornerstone and most effective player. He's versatile and efficient. He's worth every penny and really a bargain at 12 per. He will be worth whatever we pay him on his next deal and make no mistake, he is the one guy on the roster mgmt would not let walk. He's worth a max deal but he's also a guy I could see accepting a little less to help sign other players.

Oh, that's just silly. Horford is our cornerstone and most effective player. He's versatile and efficient. He's worth every penny and really a bargain at 12 per. He will be worth whatever we pay him on his next deal and make no mistake, he is the one guy on the roster mgmt would not let walk. He's worth a max deal but he's also a guy I could see accepting a little less to help sign other players.

I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game.

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. Just ask the Houston Rockets, who looks ultra soft right now and got ran out the arena tonight. And the leader of the softness is not Harden, it's that goofy playful Mo Fo playing center.

Horford is averaging 16 pts - 10 rebs - and almost 6 asst in these 3 games vs Washington .. on 44% FG. While people may applaud those numbers, he needs to do more. More important, he has to WANT to do more.

Honestly, (( bleep )) efficiency. He needs to produce numbers by any means necessary. If he's the cornerstone of the franchise and the best player on the floor, he needs to prove it.

Lebron was nowhere near efficient today. But he battled and fought and put he and his team in position to win the game at the end. And he did it.

To me, there are NO MORE EXCUSES for this team. NONE. And no one gets a pass. Not Teague. Not Horford. Not Bud. None of them.

This is honestly the first 2nd round series in which the Hawks were expected to win. Even when the 8th seed Knicks blew us out 4 - 0 in the 2nd round, many picked the Knicks to beat us after they beat the #1 seed Heat in Round 1.

Horford's legacy as a Hawk is on the line. Get us to the Conference Finals for the first time in 44 years, and he will be one of the most beloved Hawk players of all time. He will be part of the greatest regular season team in Hawks history that also made a deep playoff run.

But lose this series vs a Wizards team without its best player, despite being the #1 seed, his legacy as a Hawk will be no better than JJ's or Steve Smith's or even Kevin Willis'.

• Like 3

the hawks havent shown me anything during these playoffs to give me confidence that they will.