• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im done. Coach Bud gonna let the ship go down with Antić.........

atlhawks1

Well her inability to back down from agreeing with comments she supported that said, and again, I quote: 

""I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game. 

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. "

Now, you tell me if those words stand true after tonight (or in general).   Because she seems to prideful to back off her previous comments--only resorting to "well playoffs make players' legacies"--well, duh.  That point was never disputed.  Own up to your words and when you are wrong, be man (or woman) enough to admit it.

Bumpy, here's what you're missing. Even a guy like Joe Johnson has had a superstar game before. Multiple games actually. The question is ... was that the norm for JJ, or the exception?

The same rings true for Al. Most of us thought he can have games like these, but he's rarely shown it come playoff time. Like Teague, he'll have a big game, only to be lackluster in others. What we need from Horford now, is for games like these to be expected of him.

Instead of wanting "Playoff Teague", we need the emergence of "Playoff Horford". He had a superstar game tonight. When we go to Washington on Friday, I'd love to see it again.

I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game.

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. Just ask the Houston Rockets, who looks ultra soft right now and got ran out the arena tonight. And the leader of the softness is not Harden, it's that goofy playful Mo Fo playing center.

Horford is averaging 16 pts - 10 rebs - and almost 6 asst in these 3 games vs Washington .. on 44% FG. While people may applaud those numbers, he needs to do more. More important, he has to WANT to do more.

Honestly, (( bleep )) efficiency. He needs to produce numbers by any means necessary. If he's the cornerstone of the franchise and the best player on the floor, he needs to prove it.

Lebron was nowhere near efficient today. But he battled and fought and put he and his team in position to win the game at the end. And he did it.

To me, there are NO MORE EXCUSES for this team. NONE. And no one gets a pass. Not Teague. Not Horford. Not Bud. None of them.

This is honestly the first 2nd round series in which the Hawks were expected to win. Even when the 8th seed Knicks blew us out 4 - 0 in the 2nd round, many picked the Knicks to beat us after they beat the #1 seed Heat in Round 1.

Horford's legacy as a Hawk is on the line. Get us to the Conference Finals for the first time in 44 years, and he will be one of the most beloved Hawk players of all time. He will be part of the greatest regular season team in Hawks history that also made a deep playoff run.

But lose this series vs a Wizards team without its best player, despite being the #1 seed, his legacy as a Hawk will be no better than JJ's or Steve Smith's or even Kevin Willis'.

And for accuracy sake, this is my entire statement about Horford. He needed a legacy defining moment in his career. He may have just had it tonight. THIS is the Horford I wanted to see. Not the guy content with scoring 15 points and grabbing 7 rebounds.

It would be great if Horford and Teague could have a superstar like game at the same time. Game 6 would be the perfect time.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

northcyde

long time no speak since i was brigadierjerry on ajc days where i still post there. whether hawks get to ecf and beyond or not what changes you think hawks need to make going forward? One I definitely is to spend some money

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

northcyde

long time no speak since i was brigadierjerry on ajc days where i still post there. whether hawks get to ecf and beyond or not what changes you think hawks need to make going forward? One I definitely is to spend some money

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Tapatalk 2

What's up man. Definitely long time. As far as what we need ... it would be nice to have a good backup big man, so that we'd never have to see Pero Antić ever again. Hopefully the young guy we have over in Spain ( Walter Tavares ) can be that guy.

We could probably use a decent shooter/defender at the SF spot as well. If we can find a guy who is an all around better player than Bazemore and Sefolosha, that would be great as well.

As far as the draft goes, if we can get a hold to Sam Dekker from Wisconsin or Kelly Oubre from Kansas, that would be major for us

Well her inability to back down from agreeing with comments she supported that said, and again, I quote:

""I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game.

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. "

Now, you tell me if those words stand true after tonight (or in general). Because she seems to prideful to back off her previous comments--only resorting to "well playoffs make players' legacies"--well, duh. That point was never disputed. Own up to your words and when you are wrong, be man (or woman) enough to admit it.

I am not sure if you really do not understand her point or just being a troll. What she says is correct is 100% correct. We do not need 16 and 8 Al in these playoffs! We need 26 and 12 Al! Get it now?

• Like 2

I am not sure if you really do not understand her point or just being a troll. What she says is correct is 100% correct. We do not need 16 and 8 Al in these playoffs! We need 26 and 12 Al! Get it now?

And the reason you need those types of games from Al, is because role players are highly inconsistent during the playoffs. Star players play more minutes, and need to do more in this time of year.

• Premium Member

Who else in the playoff is averaging this?  The expectations for some of our players are mind boggling.  Dude is playing out of position and is single handedly protecting the paint against two guys who are much bigger than him.  Paul Millsap can have the 16/8 games and he is celebrated.  He can also turn the ball over 6 times and no one criticizes him.  It seem as though when other players on this team play poorly, Al and Teague shoulder the blame for not taking up the slack which I think is unfair.  They are not being paid like Lebron or any other super star player so therefore their current play far exceed their salaries.

Edited by Peoriabird

Let Bumpy have his moment. If he thinks this is his way of making me eat crow, so be it.

But everyone else knows what I was talking about. The type of effort that Al gave tonight, is what we'll need the rest of the playoffs, if we want to be champions.

I specifically said that he and Teague simply needed to do more. They can't settle for being simply good. They need to be GREAT. Al was great tonight, and willed this team to victory.

One of the last steps for Horford to take as a player, is to have games like these become the norm, instead of the exception. When these games become the norm, we're going to win a championship.

I actually believe Al has played very well all playoffs. I never got the feeling he wasn't playing hard even when Bud benched all the starters. In spite of his shooting hand injury effecting his shooting percentage I felt like the rest of his game went to playoff levels. He just impacts the game in so many ways.

This is really the first game since his injury that he looked comfortable on offense and that's the only thing most people pay attention to; I think he's had at least one air ball in every playoff game until now. That means doomsday for the rest of the league, because he's been a double double and position 1-5 guarding fool even with the hurt hand.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

Funny how the playoffs bring out the posters that don't know our regulars, huh? I saw the "sir" and started laughing. Not an lol type laughing because I'm not @kg01 but still an actual laughing.

But anyway, shouldn't this thread be closed by now? Where are our mods to help out our lost posters? If you say you're done, well then OK bye.

Hey, how'd I get roped into this?

Fight amongst yourselves.  I'm too busy listening to these eggsperts on NBARadio talk about how last night's game shows the Zards are still capable of winning this series ... wha!?

I will STILL never forgive Bud for playing Antić, and compounded it further by not giving Scott playing time. No matter what the Hawks do, i will will never forgive him for this crap. Horford and Dennis won game five, NOT Coach Bud........

Edited by atlhawks1

• Moderators

Who else in the playoff is averaging this?  The expectations for some of our players are mind boggling.  Dude is playing out of position and is single handedly protecting the paint against to guys that are much bigger than him.  Paul Millsap can have the 16/8 game and he is celebrated.  He can also turn the ball over 6 times and no one criticizes him.  It seem as though when other players on this team play poorly, Al and Teague shoulder the blame for not taking up the slack which I think is unfair.  They are not being paid like Lebron or any other super star player so therefore their current play far exceed their salaries.

I agree 26 and 12 is asking too much if you are really looking for that to be the norm or average.

Blake Griffin is averaging 25 and 11, which I would guess is the closest.  I would be very happy to see 18 and 10 on high TS% along with a well rounded line of assists, blocks and steals.

In terms of comparing Al and Millsap, I think most people on the site believe Al is a better player than Sap and capable of more.  Thus, the expectations are higher.  I'm sure there are exceptions but that is certainly where I fall.  16 and 8 is about my expectation for Sap, although 6 TOs is not acceptable.

Teague and Al have the highest expectations on the team because people believe they are capable of the most.  Korver will never be a dominating player, although he will have a few killer nights.  Sap can put up some big numbers but generally isn't going to dominate.  DMC has been at his ceiling for most of the playoffs this year - you can't expect more from him.  Teague and Horford have the potential to dominate, though, which is why people are the most frustrated when they see just an "eh" outcome for them.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

In terms of comparing Al and Millsap, I think most people on the site believe Al is a better player than Sap and capable of more.  Thus, the expectations are higher.  I'm sure there are exceptions but that is certainly where I fall.  16 and 8 is about my expectation for Sap, although 6 TOs is not acceptable.

I don't know...There have been plenty of thread started in the past comparing the 2 with several posters advocating trading Horford to keep Millsap

Funny is probably not right. "Ironic" is better. It's IRONIC because you are mocking me for not knowing you because I'm not a "regular" yet I have been a member of this site for longer than you. That's the IRONY in your mocking me for not knowing who you are.

Stick by Northcyde, ma'am. Everything Northcyde characterized Al as was clearly disproven tonight. If you don't get that, it's you that is obtuse (in addition to being stubborn).

Irony? Really. Mocking? I corrected you.

You started the name calling - at least be accurate if you do that.

• Moderators

I don't know...There have been plenty of thread started in the past comparing the 2 with several posters advocating trading Horford to keep Millsap

There are a few but I think they are the exceptions, a few more than the ones who think Dennis should have been starting all year.  Yeah, there are a few who are in those camps but not too many.  The majority on this site view Horford as our best player.

• Like 1

Well her inability to back down from agreeing with comments she supported that said, and again,

Why in de HELL would I back down if I believe what he inferred to be true. Lololololol.

One game does not a legacy make. Consistency matters.

Vocal minority.