• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore has been our best wing defender in the playoffs

BackForThe2ndTime

Glad we won but this guy has to get some props despite the fact that he hasn't gotten a ton of PT IMO. In the Nets series, JJ did what he wanted against DMC even when his shot wasn't falling.  IDK what the advanced stats say, but that would not be taken into account. Just saying what I see. Bazemore, on the other hand, more than held his own against JJ. In tonight's game, I couldn't help but notice how frustrated Beal was when Bazemore was on him. Really interrupted their offense. Must admit I was shocked to see us go with the heavy O guard lineup of Teague, Schröder, Korver and no Bazemore. A little mind boggling when our D has consistently collapsed down the stretch in this series. I feel like Bazemore on Beal closes this game out a little more smoothly, but I didn' win COY, so I digress.

On another note, DMC was our upscale 3 and D guy all year and his offense was more of a luxury than a necessity. He's had some big offensive games lately but this team is at his best when he's locking  it down on D and other guys are carrying the load offensively. Hope we can make that happen again down the stretch.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yeah, they said DMC hurt himself on the last play of the game and he said he thinks it is a hip pointer.

We need to start Bazemore or at least give him heavy minutes to guard Beal. Korver simply is getting eaten alive by Beal. Switch Korver to SF.

• Like 1

Yeah, they said DMC hurt himself on the last play of the game and he said he thinks it is a hip pointer.

We need to start Bazemore or at least give him heavy minutes to guard Beal. Korver simply is getting eaten alive by Beal. Switch Korver to SF.

I think DMC will be ok based on normal treatments if it's a hip pointer:

Physical Therapy. Initial therapy of a hip pointer injury consists of ice, anti-inflammatory and pain medication, compression, and relative rest of the affected hip until symptoms improve. Crutches can be used in the initial treatment phase if walking or bearing weight on the affected leg is painful.

DMC will maybe play just 25 minutes. Korver is going to have to step it up on defense and bazemore will get big minutes next game. Mack will need to play too

Ik just so thankful to be witnessi g the greatest hawks franchise ever. I mean who exoected this type of success from the beginning of the season been a very tough 15 yrs for me..... u can see how much attat chment I hav ti atlanta and its sports I really lov this city go atl. Sorry jus had to get that off my chest

• Like 1

I definitely think that we're going to see more of Baze in the next game. Hopefully DMC will be good to go but at the very least they're gonna keep his minutes down. That was a hard ass pick that Nene set on him and I just about lost it yelling noooo at the TV. 

Oh and yes Baze has been terrific on D. He really clogs up the passing lanes and makes guys nervous around the rim. I just hope the Whiz don't start expecting him to overplay the passing lanes and run backdoor plays based off of that expectation. 

One thing I wish baz would do would to not jump around so much ... Stay in your crouch

Yeah, offensive players hate him crouching, they protect their dribble like a baby. I don't know if he helped Sap or Sap helped him on swiping that one bad dribble. Probably both.

On the flip side, that low crossover Sap did on the baseline on Nene was mafia. The ball is so visible it gets you to swipe, but he gets a fraction of an inch lower. Just the crossover is deadly enough, but to be able to make an additional small-forward move just shows how far he's come.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1