• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man we are getting trashed

IheartVolt

All the more reason for the Hawks to come out and beat the Cavs. Besides Hawk fans I doubt many are picking them to beat the Cadavaliers. the Hawks need to come out and play their best vs the Cavs since you know the refs probably will be making some phantom calls.  

Same here.. After this weekend I desperately want to win the finals. These low class bums in the media have me fired up

Yep. Loved the Saturday clowns trying to get Charles Oakley to parrot the "Hawks need a star" nonsense. Oak said, "well they keep winning so ..." Basically said stop picking them apart trying to find reasons they're not this or not that.

They keep winning and that's the ... bottom line.

Lawrence is a boob. Totally a "yeah, but" guy. Yesterday he said STTE that even though we closed out the Zards in 6, the Zards would've probably won game 7. Wha?

Figured everyone knows this is how it goes with any Georgia based sports team.  Hopefully it drives the Hawks to play better because they seemed to loose focus after the All-Star Break validated their talent and hard work.  I doubt Houston will be getting any good words from the media if they beat the Clippers today.  

Whenever is see those Rose and Durant adidas commercials, I think they must feel really bad whenever they paid like a hundred million and these guys get hurt for the year. Its adidas, nike, some slush drink and so on. In other words: the advertisers that pay the people employed at the media.

They are just prestitutes. All the more sweet when we break the system.

I listen to a lot of NBA Radio, and I have to agree with you. Outside of Joel Meyers, none of them even try valid reasons as to why the Hawks are even here, other than "luck" and an "easy path to the Finals". Then they go to "the Hawks have no stars", and "no closer". Even if all of that is true, they just dismiss us as having no shot whatsoever.

The other thing is that a lot of those guys have been picking Chicago to win the East all season. They wanted so bad to believe in Derrick Rose. But when you have to shoot 20 times to score 20 points, while also shooting sub 40% FG, that makes you no better than Dennis Schröder.

Which leads me to the 5 am convo I had this morning at Waffle House.

I'm with my lady ( who has a rare weekend off from work ), and we're wrapping up an all nigher. I'm dressed in a new ATLANTA white Horford jersey, with a white and red Pac Man logo hat.

A group of 5 guys see us sit at the counter, and one of them immediately calls me out. Here is the convo:

HIM: How long you gonna wear that jersey?

ME: Forever.

HIM: Who's your star?

ONE OF HIS BOYS ( who is a Bulls fan ): He has it on. Horford.

HIM: Nah man. He ain't no star.

ME: We're a team. We play team basketball.

HIM: Who's gonna stop Lebron?

ME: We don't need to stop Lebron.

( he makes a crazy face )

ME: Here's the secret of the Hawks. Everyone talks about our offense, but we're a DEFENSIVE team. Lebron can get his. But we'll stop everyone else.

HIM: Defensive team?

ME: Yeah. ( about a 30 second pause ) Who else on the Cavs is going to score besides Lebron and Kyrie? JR Smith? Delledova?

HIM: All we need is Lebron.

( We're getting our food to go, but as I was leaving, the Bulls fan says this )

BULLS FAN: You're disturbing him with that jersey.

ME: ( laughing ) Just tell your boy not to bet on that series. He's gonna lose his money.

HIM: What did he say.

ME: ( going out the door ) Don't bet on the series homie.

HIM: ( lots of loud talking that I couldn't understand, as I'm going out the door ).

This is going to be a fun 2 weeks. I'm wearing Hawks gear everywhere and every chance I get. 3 Horford jerseys and 3 Hawks shirts will be in rotation.

You are a better man then myself Northcyde. I have a bad habit of getting rude with ignorant frontrunners. In fact , I despise them

• Like 2

Oh and Joel is pretty darn good. I will throw Noah Coslov in there

On the opposite side of the spectrum, Tom Byrne is the absolute worst.  Then again, he's the same guy that'll argue you down that the Sixers have everything all figured out.  SMMFH

Sad part is, even if the Hawks win it all, they still won't give credit where it's due. They would speak of the Atlanta Championship like there's an * next to it.

Best not to look to others for validation. Just put your head down, get to work, and be confident in knowing who you are.

• Like 2

This is going to be a fun 2 weeks. I'm wearing Hawks gear everywhere and every chance I get. 3 Horford jerseys and 3 Hawks shirts will be in rotation.

I've already told my boss to expect me to not wear anything except for Hawks gear as long as they are in the playoffs. Shirts, jerseys, hats, beanies, rally towels; I have it all.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It really doesn't matter how you win.  At the end of the day, one team goes home and one team goes on.  We won and it wasn't luck.

Yeah, Pierce was a split second late.  Guess what?  We were cruising in that game until the final moments and they only had a few seconds to get the shot off.  We played great D and...he didn't get it off in time.  Plus Al missed a free throw.  There's nothing to talk about had he hit that FT.

We won on a last second shot by Horf?  Guess what?  Dennis is great at penetrating and broke down the defense. Horford is a workhorse that moves great without the ball.  These are our strengths and we used them to win.

We were up in game one, cruising on our way to a win before we lost.  The PP buzzer beater?  Guess what?  We came back from a ridiculous deficit and could have won that game too.

So yeah.  We won.  We didn't just luck up and advance.  Washington, which I didn't even realize, is a pretty good defensive team.  So, that's just a cherry on the cake.

Let them talk.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I saw somewhere in the Twitter feed that Washington has had the most productive offensive lineup in the playoffs with their starting 5, minus Nene and plus Porter.

If we don't sweep teams then we suck, but when the other team plays well we hear ALL about how well they are playing. Does anyone remember that around 50 games into the season Washington was on pace for about 55 wins? Or Brooklyn had the same pace over the last 30 or so games?

No of course not! It's all about how we can't do something they expect us to do (whatever the hell that is). It's okay with me though. The Hawks are made and built for this, they fight for each other and for our city. I'm very proud of this team and I really don't care about feeling validated by the uninformed media that wants to bash our team.

It's still annoying, but I hope we keep getting pushed down because everyone knows we respond very well to adversity.

• Like 2

Sad part is, even if the Hawks win it all, they still won't give credit where it's due. They would speak of the Atlanta Championship like there's an * next to it.

Best not to look to others for validation. Just put your head down, get to work, and be confident in knowing who you are.

People would just make up excuses and say that it's a weak year in the nba and the hawks wouldn't have made it if this wasn't a down year.

Stacy King just said Atlanta is a great team and people need to start realizing that. shok.gif

Says DMC is the most underrated defender in the league and will be able to slow LiiBrown down.  Said Kyme can't hide on KK like he did on Dunleavy. swoon.gif

Is this real life?

Really though, it's CLE-hate not ATL-love but .... I'll take it. good.gif

Stacy King just said Atlanta is a great team and people need to start realizing that. shok.gif

Says DMC is the most underrated defender in the league and will be able to slow LiiBrown down. Said Kyme can't hide on KK like he did on Dunleavy. swoon.gif

Is this real life?

Really though, it's CLE-hate not ATL-love but .... I'll take it. good.gif

Did Stacey say all this to you in the buffet line?

(Stickin it to Stacey more than @kg01 here but maybe a one rock 2 bird thing goin on also)...