• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta In ECF on technicality.

Diesel

I've been saying this for how long? It's the tried and true star system versus Hoosiers. For over four decades, the star system has generated billions for the league and its sponsors. That's why they secretly bemoan a team like the Spurs winning while going orgasmic when the Lakers get there. In the Hawks' case, they can come out of the closet because many of them hate Atlanta already and don't hide their sentiments. Many of them would have an issue with our team even if the Hawks had a star. The fact that they don't makes it even worse.

If/when our team comes to play, the Cavs and the star system is in trouble. Lots of GMs will have some explaining to do to their owners and fanbase as far as being told to buy in and wait on the ping-pong balls to roll their way or wait on the right guy to hit free agency...

• Like 1

They can make all the eggscuses they want if we win.

"yeah, but they only beat the Neds in 6 ..."

"yeah, but if Wall hadn't got hurt ..."

"yeah, but Love got hurt ..."

"yeah, but Kyme had a sprained vag ..."

"yeah, but ...."

I'm not sure where you all are headed with this one but history shows that you need a superstar to win an NBA title even before the media got this big.....so having a superstar to win NBA championships is nothing new.

However I truly do believe that the Hawks though we have no superstar is a way better complete overall team than the cavs and that's why I believe they can win. But as hawk fans we should know that the odds are against our favorite team as there hasn't been but two teams that I know of that actually won it all without a clear cut star and second we have to prepare ourselves for the refs who gives clear cut stars a healthy amount of bogus foul calls.

Again yes the Hawks are the better overall team and yes we have 4 or really a 5 all star lineup going up against one superstar lebron James along with his all star teammate in kyrie.....and yes you may be thinking better overall team against 2 players basically so win for us but I'm going to be the first to call you crazy if you think our Hawks aren't going to struggle against the best player in the business!

And anyone who knows me know that i can't stand lebron! In fact it's going to kill me if he does best our Hawks but I have to be truthful up to this point with myself and other hawk fans. And the truth is either lebron is going to play well and drop 30 per game to keep his team in the game if we build leads or the refs are going to help lebron stay in the games if we build leads....it's not going to be easy!

Hawks have to beat Lebron, beat kyrie, & beat the refs! It's too bad we didn't gain more respect over the season to have a player at that star level who can draw bogus fouls! Cause I'm telling you guys we will need it....if lebron plays inefficient like the bulls series the refs will bail him out against our Hawks...how the Hawks respond is what will be interesting.

I'm praying for a miracle...not because the Hawks aren't the better team (they clearly are) but because I don't trust the refs to call a fair....Hawks in 6 at best, Hawks in 7 at worst (we will find a way to keep the season alive)

• Like 2

So how does one go about treating that? Thought I'd ask someone with personal experience....

I have instituted a policy of turning the other check.  All my vitriol will be directed at HeatCafs "fans" so you're getting off lucky here.

But .... Ich habe ein gutes Gedächtnis diablo.gif

I have instituted a policy of turning the other check. All my vitriol will be directed at HeatCafs "fans" so you're getting off lucky here.

But .... Ich habe ein gutes Gedächtnis diablo.gif

Lol...excellent...I love getting off lucky....:-/

Lol...excellent...I love getting off lucky....:-/

First, you misspelled eggcellent.

Next, I turned over a new leaf after game 3 vs the Zards.  You do the math.

Last, who doesn't love getting off lucky? idhitit.gif

• Moderators

It requires a lot more than luck to win 60 games and appear in the ECF. It perturbs me that Atlanta fanaticals continue allowing these chauvinists to irritate us with their preposterous banter.

5514_6a1a.jpeg

Indeed.

Plus, it's these talkhead's job to rally up the fans and get us fired up... And insulting Atlanta fans seems to do the trick for them every time... Any publicity is good publicity.

• Like 1

• Moderators

And in spite of not having a "star" (which Horford begs to differ), we are in the ECF. Also, Coach Bud is the only superstar we need.

And in spite of the Cavs having three superstars, the Hawks DESTROYED the Cavs not once, but twoce during the regular season.

And in spite of Millsap's torn muscle in his shoulder, Horford's broken finger on his shooting hand, Teague's bum ankles, losing our best wing defender in Sefolosha off the bench due to police brutality, and Korver playing 37 mpg at 33 years old while he suffers from back spasms. So keep using the injury excuse media pundits... I can hear the yeah-buts now. Yeah but... lol

Cavs have the best player in the league and the basketball gods will decide if the Hawks are deserving of chance for a ring, so R-E-L-A-X, eggsperts... lol

• Like 4

And in spite of not having a "star" (which Horford begs to differ), we are in the ECF. Also, Coach Bud is the only superstar we need.

And in spite of the Cavs having three superstars, the Hawks DESTROYED the Cavs not once, but twoce during the regular season.

And in spite of Millsap's torn muscle in his shoulder, Horford's broken finger on his shooting hand, Teague's bum ankles, losing our best wing defender in Sefolosha off the bench due to police brutality, and Korver playing 37 mpg at 33 years old while he suffers from back spasms. So keep using the injury excuse media pundits... I can hear the yeah-buts now. Yeah but... lol

Cavs have the best player in the league and the basketball gods will decide if the Hawks are deserving of chance for a ring, so R-E-L-A-X, eggsperts... lol

That's exactly why I haven't watched any nbatv, ESPN, TNT. I don't care about the pundits. They never give us a chance. It's always been that way, and I'm starting to like it. :-)

Edited by Spud2Nique

That's exactly why I haven't watched any nbatv, ESPN, TNT. I don't care about the pundits. They never give us a chance. It's always been that way, and I'm starting to like it. :-)

Gotta watch/listen for the pure comedic value.  A dude just called in to say Hawks are the weakest of the last 4.  Rationale, game 5 vs. the Wiz should've been a loss since Al fouled Nene on his putback (I guess the caller ignored the film where Al clearly didn't touch Nene).  Went on to say that Pauline's game 6 shot could've been called either way and, of course, the Zards would've come back to win.

Said they would've went on to win game 7 easily.  (So that's 5 wins in the series for the Zards, btw.)

Edited by kg01

Gotta watch/listen for the pure comedic value. A dude just called in to say Hawks are the weakest of the last 4. Rationale, game 5 vs. the Wiz should've been a loss since Al fouled Nene on his putback (I guess the caller ignored the film where Al clearly didn't touch Nene). Went on to say that Pauline's game 6 shot could've been called either way and, of course, the Zards would've come back to win.

Said they would've went on to win game 7 easily. (So that's 5 wins in the series for the Zards, btw.)

That's exactly why I can't. It's bad for my rage. I already know by the time the Hawks win the finals I'll prolly already be checked into a clinic for rage, clinical depression, anxiety, etc. I'm supposed to enjoy this but it's pure torture. I even have to block friends from my phone because they are either haters, act positive but really want Hawks to fail, or are complete jinxes. I can't even watch the games with anyone because I feel they will jinx us. I haven't shaved since the playoffs. I look halfway to a Harden beard. I lose sleep every night. Im a mess.

Gotta watch/listen for the pure comedic value.  A dude just called in to say Hawks are the weakest of the last 4.  Rationale, game 5 vs. the Wiz should've been a loss since Al fouled Nene on his putback (I guess the caller ignored the film where Al clearly didn't touch Nene).  Went on to say that Pauline's game 6 shot could've been called either way and, of course, the Zards would've come back to win.

Said they would've went on to win game 7 easily.  (So that's 5 wins in the series for the Zards, btw.)

The ball was clearly in his hand but the funniest thing is people who say "they JUST should have counted it". LMAO That's not how this works!

Also, had a coworker tell me that we ALMOST lost game 6 on that shot. I remind him that he only would've tied it and he said well of course they would have come back to win. Mind you, he assured me the Wizards would win Game 6 by double digits after we got lucky in game 5. The truth is if not for Pierce's GW shot, we win this in 5. That's much more realistic than this narrative that we we "this close" to losing in 7.

Diesel:  You said something like "The media will continue to hate the Hawks until they

raise the trophy and pour the champagne."

If, happily, Atlanta does win it all, what makes you think that the hate from all the "experts"

who know it all, would go away?  We can hear thousands of voices raised with the words,

"Yes, but - - - "

• Like 3