• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta In ECF on technicality.

Diesel

They should encourage him to petition the league to announce the Zards as an ECF representative over the Hawks.  Good luck with that.

Let him take a few fishin' trips now that he's got so much time on my hands.

Last time I checked, the Hawgs swept the last 3 games.  That's not a small deal.

Maybe Beal could do what Ric Flair did in '92 and call his team the 'real' Eastern Conference champion. Take one of their old trophies out and parade it around on TV...

Edited by Dejay

Paul Pierce's shot - They took that away.

No they didn't.  That shot didn't happen while the game was being played.

It happened after the game was over.  Time had expired.

Not having John Wall cost us the series.  Really?

When he didn't play, they won.  When he played, they lost.

Figure this one out.

Playing the "If" game?

If our best defender didn't have a broken leg and couldn't play and If Korver

hadn't been so cold from down town, this series wouldn't have been close.

See.  Hawk fans can play that "what If" game Too.  What if no Hawk had any

injuries? 

What if the Hawks won four games and your team won two, what would happen?

diablo.gif

• Like 1

• Moderators

Paul Pierce's shot - They took that away.

No they didn't.  That shot didn't happen while the game was being played.

It happened after the game was over.  Time had expired.

Not having John Wall cost us the series.  Really?

When he didn't play, they won.  When he played, they lost.

Figure this one out.

Playing the "If" game?

If our best defender didn't have a broken leg and couldn't play and If Korver

hadn't been so cold from down town, this series wouldn't have been close.

See.  Hawk fans can play that "what If" game Too.  What if no Hawk had any

injuries? 

What if the Hawks won four games and your team won two, what would happen?

diablo.gif

If Demarre doesn't have fecal urgency in game 3 then Hawks win in 5.   

• Like 1

If we didn't shoot in the teens with 31 points in the 2nd half of game 1 after putting up 65 points in the 1st half we would have won. :-/

If it wasn't for them going ice cold in the first game and Pierce's clincher, the Buzzards would've been swept. And that's with Korver going Osh-mode and Thabo's injury. Them's the facts...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

• Moderators

come crunch time Lebron will be handling the ball each time down - he will drive and he will get the call. Can we overcome the barrage of whistles the refs are gonna unleash ??

This is a very real issue.  I predicted at least one game will be given to the Lebrons on these types of calls.  I just hope it isn't as bad as like Miami / Dallas or LA/Sac when those went tilt in favor of Miami and LA.

This is a very real issue. I predicted at least one game will be given to the Lebrons on these types of calls. I just hope it isn't as bad as like Miami / Dallas or LA/Sac when those went tilt in favor of Miami and LA.

Yeah, that Kings series was as blatant as they come. You might as well had the Hebner brothers officiating it...

• Moderators

Yeah, that Kings series was as blatant as they come. You might as well had the Hebner brothers officiating it...

Lebron is going to initiate contact and somehow get the calls anyway when he runs people over.  Just be ready for it so you aren't flipping out more than necessary.

That's the way that the media plays it.  They look at us as if we only beat Washington by .1 of a second.  Did they forget that we beat Washington 4-2?  Did they forget that we would have been tied if he would have hit the shot?  Did they forget we won 60?  Did they forget that we're the top seed in the East?  Did they forget that we won 19 in a row?  Did they forget that we had 4 allstars?  Did they forget that we have the Coach of the Year?

I don't care about the media.  I think the media will be hating on the Hawks until we're raising the trophy and pouring the champagne.

They want Lebron to win because they have been indoctrinated into the "you need a star" mentality.  Even while we were beating Washington and Washington was coming back, the announcer was making the statement "Who's going to step up for Atlanta?"

Well, they got their answer... Anybody we choose.

That's why we are History makers.  No smoke and Mirrors.  We are a team filled with good players who play their role. When we win it all, I look forward to all the Buts... but it won't matter and if the offseason goes right, we may repeat.

nvm one of the losses vs Wizz was due to a buzzer beater hit by Pierce, in a game where Atlanta's sorry bench almost got them beat.

"The truth is on the court", Johan Cruyff

Lets get these muppets.

just watching Labron this year, he really relied on the refs bailing him out over and over this season and his body is finally starting to break down , This could very well be his last year as top dog .  Lots of miles on those knees and during the Bulls series he logged a ton minutes to compensate for the rest of his team.

The thing about needing an elite player is come crunch time you simply get the calls - Labron as aggressive as he is in lowering his shoulder and bulling over players generally gets 2 fouls a game against him but creates numerous opportunities at the line.  

The Houston Clippers game the other night seemed decided before the game really got started as the refs  simply gave James Harden the benefit of the doubt every drive.  41 foul shots ?? Yep thats a  win in any  game on any level.

That's the way that the media plays it.  They look at us as if we only beat Washington by .1 of a second.  Did they forget that we beat Washington 4-2?  Did they forget that we would have been tied if he would have hit the shot?  Did they forget we won 60?  Did they forget that we're the top seed in the East?  Did they forget that we won 19 in a row?  Did they forget that we had 4 allstars?  Did they forget that we have the Coach of the Year?

I don't care about the media.  I think the media will be hating on the Hawks until we're raising the trophy and pouring the champagne.

They want Lebron to win because they have been indoctrinated into the "you need a star" mentality.  Even while we were beating Washington and Washington was coming back, the announcer was making the statement "Who's going to step up for Atlanta?"

Well, they got their answer... Anybody we choose.

That's why we are History makers.  No smoke and Mirrors.  We are a team filled with good players who play their role. When we win it all, I look forward to all the Buts... but it won't matter and if the offseason goes right, we may repeat.

I don't see how the media can say the Hawks have no stars. I see 3 if they were playing in a bigger market - Teague (look at the 2009 Draft), Millsap (I think when healthy Millsap is better than every PF in the league except AD) and Horford (probably the best jump shooting center in the league plus he can play D).

I realize this has been posted but I really just read some of the quotes.  Man that's some hilariously-butthurt stuff.

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/bradley-beal-conference-finals-i-hope-nobody-wins-sore-loser

Apparently Brad is rooting for the meteor tomorrow nite ...

"I hope nobody wins. Sore loser," said Beal during the Wizards' exit interviews Monday.

"Whenever you're playing against me, even if you beat me, I'm a sore loser. They didn't really beat us."

No, Brad, we didn't beat you.  You're just living in the matrix.

I don't see how the media can say the Hawks have no stars. I see 3 if they were playing in a bigger market - Teague (look at the 2009 Draft), Millsap (I think when healthy Millsap is better than every PF in the league except AD) and Horford (probably the best jump shooting center in the league plus he can play D).

Horford would be a star as would Teague in NY or LA- fine by me though- we all know how good they are and that is all that matters

• Like 1