• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta In ECF on technicality.

Diesel

The reason having a star is crucial, as others have said, is that said star gets calls in close games. It's a huge disadvantage, and it's THE reason the NBA is a farce compared to other sports.

That said, we can still beat the Cavs, but even when we do, someone will call attention to some random call that went our way (see Korver's "travel") and minge as if it were the only questionable call in the whole series.

• Premium Member

just watching Labron this year, he really relied on the refs bailing him out over and over this season and his body is finally starting to break down , This could very well be his last year as top dog .  Lots of miles on those knees and during the Bulls series he logged a ton minutes to compensate for the rest of his team.

The thing about needing an elite player is come crunch time you simply get the calls - Labron as aggressive as he is in lowering his shoulder and bulling over players generally gets 2 fouls a game against him but creates numerous opportunities at the line.  

The Houston Clippers game the other night seemed decided before the game really got started as the refs  simply gave James Harden the benefit of the doubt every drive.  41 foul shots ?? Yep thats a  win in any  game on any level.

dont think that lebron hasnt gotten his secret meds.

That sucks.  If only Thabo had strong bones like Wall.   

Speaking of which, considering Wall's not having surgery ... and he played as effectively in games 5/6 as he did in game 1 ... did we (i.e. they) put a lil' much onto the whole OMFG HE'S PLAYING WITH A SHATTERED HAAAANND stuff?

• Moderators

Speaking of which, considering Wall's not having surgery ... and he played as effectively in games 5/6 as he did in game 1 ... did we (i.e. they) put a lil' much onto the whole OMFG HE'S PLAYING WITH A SHATTERED HAAAANND stuff?

It was BS from the beginning.  the first 5 doctors couldn't even find a fracture on the xray.   He sat out because his hand was too swollen to dribble with and control the ball.   That's a real injury but it's not a serious as they made it out to be.  He played great when he came back and we still beat them.   

It was BS from the beginning. the first 5 doctors couldn't even find a fracture on the xray. He sat out because his hand was too swollen to dribble with and control the ball. That's a real injury but it's not a serious as they made it out to be. He played great when he came back and we still beat them.

The puffy hand was an allergic reaction to shellfish. He got himself some Benadryl aka sizzzzz and it was all good.

It was BS from the beginning.  the first 5 doctors couldn't even find a fracture on the xray.   He sat out because his hand was too swollen to dribble with and control the ball.   That's a real injury but it's not a serious as they made it out to be.  He played great when he came back and we still beat them.   

Hmmmm, I'm leaning this way as well.  They spoke of it as if there were compound fractures running throughout.  Now after all the attention's off, "Welp, he'll just put ice on it."  From the broadcast I figured he was near amputation.

The puffy hand was an allergic reaction to shellfish. He got himself some Benadryl aka sizzzzz and it was all good.

Surprised you didn't go the medicinal mary jay-jay route.  Strictly for the pain, of course.

I get the impression that "non-displaced fracture" is more of a fancy/strange medical term that doesn't really mean much. It sort of reminds me of being a little shithead in elementary/middle school and telling someone that their epidermis is showing. Or maybe it's like calling the "=sum()" function in Excel an "algorithm" to someone in order for the process to seem more complicated/difficult than it really is.

Oh but by all means medical people, please chime in.

*harrumph* Well, I'm not a "medical" doctor but I'll chime in.  I think I'll refer to the non-displaced fracture diagnosis by another well-known medical term ... buuuuullsh*t.

(Good luck getting that song out of your head today.)

Heh, got sound down on my laptop.  Sounds like I dodged a bullet.  Teflon kg, micky-ficky.

• Premium Member

It should be obvious to anyone who watched the games that Wall definitely did NOT have a fracture. It amazed me and my bro while watching the game that no one was questioning it. The dude was falling on his hand, batting balls down that were going at full speed, and finishing with his "broken" hand, and not even flinching. If you've ever had any broken bones in your hand you know this is impossible. With any sort of brake in your hand or wrist, the slightest touch leads to intense agonizing pain; not crying out like a little girl would be manly, not even flinching? That's completely impossible.

• Like 1