• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am 100% convinced that DeMarre Carroll needs to be resigned

NBASupes

At first, I say he wanted 12-15 mil a year and was instantly turned off but I was looking at the alternatives and players who have similar value and they all will go for 12-14 mil a year and they don't do as much as the JYD. DMC also has this great thing about him call caphold. His caphold is 3.17 mil. That's peanuts. We can sign a Center like Greg Monroe and remove Millsap and his caphold and still have room to sign Greg Monroe. In fact, Elton Brand's caphold is 3.8 which will clearly be removed as well. Salary cap is expected at 67.1 mil and our holds make it at 68.2 but we can easily remove most of them like Sap's and Brand and could have 25 million in cap space. Monroe's max is 15 mil and Sap's max is 18 mil. 15 mil will be a bargin since the cap is going up in the NBA.

DMC with the cap going up and his value going up is worth 12-13 mil. The high demand means he can get 13-15 mil. So signing him should be pricey but worth it. His caphold gives us time to officially sign him and gives us time to add additional role players with like 6-7 mil to play with. 

@DraftExpress 15 minutes ago
New salary cap projections sent out to NBA teams: 2015-16: 67.1 million, tax 81.6, 2016-17: 89 million, tax 108. 2017-18: 108, 127 tax

@DraftExpress 13 minutes ago
NBA Salary cap projected to rise by over 22 million between 2015 and 2016. That's a pretty big jump. Not official until audit around July 10

@DraftExpress 10 minutes ago
Further projections sent out: 2018-19: 100 million salary cap, 121 tax , 2019-20: 102 salary cap, 124 tax, 2020-2021:107 salary cap, 130 tax

Also for whatever reason the salary cap falls between the 2018 and 2019 offseasons.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

Demarre is a system player. He wouldn't be like this anywhere else. He's not worth 12 mil. I'd rather get a scorer on the wing who can get us baskets and create for us. Sorry Demarre Is good but not 12 mil good

Edited by jmac54

Good. Now if you could just realize we aren't going to get a better player for our system than Millsap for what we will have to pay him, then you'll be on to something.

Greg Monroe is better, a center, fits perfectly with Horford and is a great fit with our high BBIQ offense and has high BBIQ on defense. He are going to lose a couple of things Sap provides that Monroe doesn't and gain somethings that Monroe and Sap can't.

The difference is simple, for some of the things we lose from Sap to Monroe, we gain since Horford can do it too. But what we gain from Monroe is things Sap can't give us. A great rebounder at the center position. A player who can defend centers 1v1 and he isn't garbage on offense like Antić. A consistent post-up scorer with lack on centers. A center.

That's the biggest difference. Both are even players but one is a center, younger and cheaper so I am rolling with the player we almost signed last year and actually signing him for real this year.

No matter what we do with Sap/Horf, they will always be undersized and will ne exposed for not being able to score in the paint from post-ups from very good to great NBA teams as a tandem.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Demarre is a system player. He wouldn't be like this anywhere else. He's not worth 12 mil. I'd rather get a scorer on the wing who can get us baskets and create for us. Sorry Demarre Is good but not 12 mil good

Honestly, he is. At least nowadays with the new cap. Remember, what was 12 mil now is going to be 8 mil two years from now. We all agree he's worth 8 mil right?

It not even close to the same. Joe was making more than Lebron. He was paid as a superstar. He was making Melo, Kobe and Bron tier.

12-15 is going to be the new 8-10 mil.

If we re-sign DMC for that price (or period for that matter), Sap is also being re-signed (for more than likely max money). I can't see it any other way.

• Like 1

Yeah supes, it's looking like we have to sign one or the other but not both..

We can sign both players thanks to Carroll's caphold being small but Millsap max is 18.6 million. Would Atlanta offer that knowing you can get a younger, equal talent who rebounds and scores out of post-ups who would fit Horford like a glove and can play center for 3 million less who we signed last year but couldn't agree on a trade with Detroit? That's the question. There is a reason you always hear Atlanta's name and Monroe even while winning. We know this Sap/Horf can win but it will always get exposed like Smoove/Horf.

Would Atlanta offer that knowing you can get a younger, equal talent who rebounds and scores out of post-ups who would fit Horford like a glove and can play center for 3 million less who we signed last year but couldn't agree on a trade with Detroit?

I've seen you assert this as fact several times now. Perhaps I'm behind on the news, but was this ever confirmed beyond internet rumors? If so, I for one would appreciate that link. If not, then well...you know.

Because the only thing I've seen confirmed is that that Hawks tried to sign Millsap to a 4 year contract, when he only wanted a shorter 2 year deal to bet on himself - and he won. It should be obvious that Millsap is in the longterm plans of the Hawks since they wanted him for 4 years in the first place.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

You can't max these guys out. I'd love them both to stay here, but not at superstar prices. The days of having to over pay to get guys to stay here should be over.

That isn't a max for Carroll. And it's just the early-Bird max for Millsap. But it is probably market price for both. So you can't really call that overpaying if that's what it comes down to.

• Like 1

The problem is his damn bird rights. 

Quote: 

DMC is so hard to resign because his stupid early bird rights. I thought we had full bird but we don't. He can only get up to 175%. That's like 7.5 mil for him but if he gets 10-13 mil offers, he counts like a regular FA. Millsap is more friendly but even Sap, unless he wants 15 mil or less, he might be too much especially if someone offers the max.

We could be stuck losing both players thanks to Ferry not signing DMC to a three year deal instead of a two year deal. 

Our options are so limited at SF that we might have to go to the bargain bin and sign someone like Jared Dudley. Most of the quality options at SF are RFA's. The one is who isn't is, DMC who is on our team. Ferry dropped the ball when he didn't sign Deng last yr. 

You are underselling Millsap . Sap is a top 3 PF the NBA based on a 4.97 RPM. and a 10+ WARS. In fact he is a top 20 NBA player. Pls don't judge his playoff performance this year on a bum shoulder. Remember him this season and last years playoffs . He was a beast . I would rather trade Horf then lose Sap. Sap is just a better player.

You are underselling Millsap . Sap is a top 3 PF the NBA based on a 4.97 RPM. and a 10+ WARS. In fact he is a top 20 NBA player. Pls don't judge his playoff performance this year on a bum shoulder. Remember him this season and last years playoffs . He was a beast . I would rather trade Horf then lose Sap. Sap is just a better player.

Sap is worth the max considering the future cap, so he is far from undersold. He just isn't what we need as we have a PF playing next to him who is better and makes his job a lot easier. 

Sap is worth the max considering the future cap, so he is far from undersold. He just isn't what we need as we have a PF playing next to him who is better and makes his job a lot easier. 

I posted in the wrong topic. But regardless look at the numbers WARS and RPM ... Millsap seems more valuable then Horf.