• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marc Gasol "mentions" ATL in interview

johnnyde

Wes Johnson has some interest. I wasn't the biggest fan of his in LA but he does fit what we do, I just don't know. He took some bad shots in LA more times than not and his Basketball instincts while good, his BBIQ can be inconsistent. Maybe it's the lack of fit with LA but the talent is there. We tried to sign him a couple years ago, offer more than LA but he choose LA. At that time, LA was more attractive than ATL to players. We still had the stigma of iso Joe even tho Joe was gone at that time. 

The likelihood of resigning Carroll with Millsap is slim. We don't own his bird rights. His early bird rights are far below his actually FA value.

Millsap's isn't and it will be no problem signing both if millsap is willing to take 2 mil less than his max. I doubt that he would rather make 2 extra million in a place like new york vs staying in atlanta.

Edited by JETSET

Millsap's isn't and it will be no problem signing both if millsap is willing to take 2 mil less than his max. I doubt that he would rather make 2 extra million in a place like new york vs staying in atlanta.

Why would he take less when this is his first big pay day?

Why would he take less when this is his first big pay day?

But... why would any team give him the 4 year max contract? I love him but you have to be desperate to give Millsap a 4 year max contract.

If you give that contract to him you'll pay him by the end of his contract 24M for a 34 years old PF.

• Like 1

Gasol, resign DMC and Draft RJ Hunter. Great off season

Yeah J.B....I'm a big Ga. State supporter...and I've met Ron Hunter a couple times.  I've never met his kid "R.J." personally, but if he is willing to do the work I think he can be "Korver-esque".  Pretty good size and is a true shooter of the basketball.

He is a little bit soft but if he really wants to play pro ball - and works at it - he definitely has the skills.

Could be our new "Downtown Freddie Brown" - kid has range on his shot.  Unguarded he could probably shoot 35-40% from half court.

He's a shooter.

• Premium Member

Coming into the offseason, My hopes were to resign Sap and DMC, pick up a respectable big like Aldrich or RLopez, and then drafting RJ hunter.

I think we have a lot to consider.

Lmao.. Our fan base has had it rough over the years of treadmilling and failures. We get super excited because Gasol mentions Atlanta in free agency conversation. This is pretty sad.

Dekker or bust.. Sadly I fear we will lose this off season and not gain. Lose DMC , maybe Sap , or maybe both , and not be able to replace their production. I will believe a highly sought free agent talent will consider us when it happens. Sorry just not seeing this off season as good for us

Some of you guys have a hard time understanding the cap. Once with draft the 15th and sign Edy (600k), we have like 25 mil in cap space. If Sap is getting his early bird max which is 16.3 mil, we would only have 8.7 mil for DMC which isn't even enough to sit at the table. That's not even stating that his real max is 18.6 mil. DMC is getting 10+ and someone might offer 13-15 mil per. We won't be able to resign DMC unless it's just him and some lesser tier players but it won't be Marc G or Paul Millsap. We don't own his early bird rights. @Diesel, stop talking about centers that will cost more than 2.3 mil. These centers you keep mentioning will go for 7-10 mil. Robin Lopez is looking for a payday. Cole Aldrich is getting 4 mil or more. Stop it please. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Dekker or bust.. Sadly I fear we will lose this off season and not gain. Lose DMC , maybe Sap , or maybe both , and not be able to replace their production. I will believe a highly sought free agent talent will consider us when it happens. Sorry just not seeing this off season as good for us

Oubre, Hunter, Anderson are players I like more in the long run than Dekker. In fact, if RHJ shot is redeemable, him too. 

Oubre, Hunter, Anderson are players I like more in the long run than Dekker. In fact, if RHJ shot is redeemable, him too.

You can like whomever you choose Supes , and you may very well be right , but my issue is with free agents this year.I just have a hard time believing this whole situation working in our favor with free agents. We will struggle keeping things together while Cleveland has three max players. Look I understand there is numbers behind it and good fortune but it damn sure is not fair. That's my point

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 1

You can like whomever you choose Supes , and you may very well be right , but my issue is with free agents this year.I just have a hard time believing this whole situation working in our favor with free agents. We will struggle keeping things together while Cleveland has three max players. Look I understand there is numbers behind it and good fortune but it damn sure is not fair. That's my point

I feel you. 

• Premium Member

Some of you guys have a hard time understanding the cap. Once with draft the 15th and sign Edy (600k), we have like 25 mil in cap space. If Sap is getting his early bird max which is 16.3 mil, we would only have 8.7 mil for DMC which isn't even enough to sit at the table. That's not even stating that his real max is 18.6 mil. DMC is getting 10+ and someone might offer 13-15 mil per. We won't be able to resign DMC unless it's just him and some lesser tier players but it won't be Marc G or Paul Millsap. We don't own his early bird rights. @Diesel, stop talking about centers that will cost more than 2.3 mil. These centers you keep mentioning will go for 7-10 mil. Robin Lopez is looking for a payday. Cole Aldrich is getting 4 mil or more. Stop it please. 

Do you honestly believe Cole is getting 4 or more??  Or you just trying to have a negative response to my post?  This is what makes you look silly on Hawksquawk supes.  Nobody is paying Cole Aldrich 4 million per.  He's not making 1 million now.  It's a potential signing is all I'm talking about.  Moreover, McGee is a possibility because of his rep and his injury last year.  I did stretch on RLopez and I agree with you there, he probably is looking for a payday.  My hope is that he wants to win more than he wants to beat up Mascots and be known as a joke.  However, it's possible to find a cheap backup and those are two of three that I think will be cheap.

Do you honestly believe Cole is getting 4 or more??  Or you just trying to have a negative response to my post?  This is what makes you look silly on Hawksquawk supes.  Nobody is paying Cole Aldrich 4 million per.  He's not making 1 million now.  It's a potential signing is all I'm talking about.  Moreover, McGee is a possibility because of his rep and his injury last year.  I did stretch on RLopez and I agree with you there, he probably is looking for a payday.  My hope is that he wants to win more than he wants to beat up Mascots and be known as a joke.  However, it's possible to find a cheap backup and those are two of three that I think will be cheap.

Yes, bad and decent teams will pay for Aldrich. Look at Zaza and what he is getting. If you want a cheap big from the Knicks look at Bargnani or Smith. Aldrich actually has rotational value around the NBA and the starting price is around what Mike Scott makes and that's based on last year's cap, not this year's. 

Are we not understanding the cap or is it you?

We can go over the cap to sign millsap if he takes his early bird max or less.

Are we not understanding the cap or is it you?

We can go over the cap to sign millsap if he takes his early bird max or less.

Smh, you don't understand do you. Sap would have to accept the early bird for starters. If Sap is getting max offers from teams like Detroit, why would he stay for 3 mil less? We can't offer an extra year, we don't have his bird rights.

Your plan is all risk and no reward. With your plan, we lose Sap and sign DMC while signing a center like Sepafihn. What a horrible off-season. I don't even like this stupid idea of resign Sap and DMC to crazy ass extensions. That's on you. I would rather look into Dunleavy or Wes Johnson for 3 to 4 mil and if we sign Sap that's fine but he's not my #1 choice.

• Premium Member

Yes, bad and decent teams will pay for Aldrich. Look at Zaza and what he is getting. If you want a cheap big from the Knicks look at Bargnani or Smith. Aldrich actually has rotational value around the NBA and the starting price is around what Mike Scott makes and that's based on last year's cap, not this year's. 

"Aldrich, 26, had re-signed with New York on a 1-year deal after spending some time during the 2013-2014 season in the D-League"

So, some team is going to be so desparate that they will sign Aldrich to a 4 million+ deal?  Something like 4 yr 16 Million??  Let's just keep this thread around to come back and see who is right.

Smh, you don't understand do you. Sap would have to accept the early bird for starters. If Sap is getting max offers from teams like Detroit, why would he stay for 3 mil less? We can't offer an extra year, we don't have his bird rights.

You just said, some of you dont understand the cap, if we sign millsap to his early bird max, we will only have 8.whatever left for demarre.

Im telling you that's incorrect because we can go over the cap to sign millsap if he agrees to a contract within the early bird amount.