• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marc Gasol "mentions" ATL in interview

johnnyde

This is a big deal. That's Freudian right there. Oh please please please PLEASE sign with ATL M Gasol!

I'll search this interview, I want to hear what he really said.

A week ago or so I read an interview and I think he really wants to play for the best team and win a ring, in Memphis or somewhere else. 

I'll search this interview, I want to hear what he really said.

A week ago or so I read an interview and I think he really wants to play for the best team and win a ring, in Memphis or somewhere else. 

Is this really the best chance for him to win a ring. I would say San Antonio. They can sign Duncan, Leonard and Gasol. 

Is this really the best chance for him to win a ring. I would say San Antonio. They can sign Duncan, Leonard and Gasol. 

I think Memphis is in a good situation. They can re-sign Marc and Green and still add a quality bench player. 

San Antonio needs Tony Parker to get to his old form, if not, they are not winning any championship soon...

Those two teams are the only ones that I would put ahead of us. I think he is re-signing with Memphis, but no doubt we should be an option.

LA could be an option, but I think he would be fool to go to NY. 

• Moderators

I'm no capologist but why can the spurs have duncan, leonard, gasol, parker and manu and we can't seem to find a way to Sap and DMC.

I'm no capologist but why can the spurs have duncan, leonard, gasol, parker and manu and we can't seem to find a way to Sap and DMC.

I have made some counts and they can't. Manu should retire and Duncan take a pay cut, or both should take a big pay cut. 

They could also trade Splitter. In that situation he would become unnecessary.

Because SAS can renounce TD and Manu to clear cap room, and then resign.them on cheap deals. Sap and DMC are seeking big pay days. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Manu retires, renounce rights to Green and other bench players and trade Splitter. They should have more than enough. 

Because SAS can renounce TD and Manu to clear cap room, and then resign.them on cheap deals. Sap and DMC are seeking big pay days.

The biggest issue is Carroll. His low caphold would give us a lot of flexibility if we had his bird rights like they do with Leonard. 

Not to mention San Antonio plays the west and we the east. If he signs here he has basically on paper already a 50/50 guarantee to reach the finals.

I think today thats Atlanta's main selling point for guys who want rings more than anything else.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

I never caught on to all the love for this guy. Great player no doubt. But his athleticism is nowhere near the level of a max guy, let alone his injury history.

I'm not against bringing in a great Big to swing the window open further, we all know Edy is a prospect. Gasol at 18+ definitely ain't it though.

He might not be quick "athletic" + his skill-set, but he's "strong" athletic + his skill-set, including being huge. He can roll to the rim ala the finalists Mozgov and Bogut, but then again also is able to play the Hawks system prolly more well than any center out there with his "athletic" strength and size.

To ask of him to be more quick athletic is asking to much. And dont forget he has spanish canasta wits to beat people on the quick side. As far as running the floor goes, we have allot of that being able to be covered by Al and Carrol.

Some guys you just overpay.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

He might not be quick "athletic" + his skill-set, but he's "strong" athletic + his skill-set, including being huge. He can roll to the rim ala the finalists Mozgov and Bogut, but then again also is able to play the Hawks system prolly more well than any center out there with his "athletic" strength and size.

To ask of him to be more quick athletic is asking to much. And dont forget he has spanish canasta wits to beat people on the quick side. As far as running the floor goes, we have allot of that being able to be covered by Al and Carrol.

Some guys you just overpay.

I'd say he's worth a max contract on his own merits. He's a legitimate MVP candidate who could probably fit seamlessly into our team.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'd love to have him here! His brother would have been a great fit too but we were a little unproven at the time, despite what we all saw in our team. I hope we can find a way to make this work!

• Moderators

Memphis really is being screwed by their location... for being so far east in the Western conference. A move to Atlanta would be nothing for Marc... and it's an excellent fit, weaker conference, and an ECF team with excellent coaching in place and cap space. Give him the max, [insert GM]!!!

• Like 2