• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please Braves, find a different way to lose!

Gray Mule

What is the old saying, "Doing the same thing, over and over and expecting different

results is the sign of a genius?

Nope.  I don't believe that's what it is.  But, that's what our Braves are doing.

Stay ahead until late in the game.  Turn things over to the bull pin.  Watch as the

opponent scores enough runs to overcome the Braves lead and win the game.

Over and over, like a broken record, this happens.

Just to keep faint hope alive in any game, sometimes the Braves score late.  This

seldom happens and when it does, we're shocked.  Catcher recently hit a homer

in the bottom of the 9th to win the game.  YEAH!!

Usually, however, the Braves timely hitting stops after 7 innings.

If we are going to continue this idea of never winning a game, can we please

come up with a new formula?  This one is getting so old it stinks!

The bullpen is amazingly bad. the team could be sitting several games above .500 with even average pen. Given what I think they are trying to achieve, they will have to make some upgrades. You can't keep letting an awful bullpen ruin a season of good starting pitching and scrappy offense. 

• Moderators

The bullpen is amazingly bad. the team could be sitting several games above .500 with even average pen. Given what I think they are trying to achieve, they will have to make some upgrades. You can't keep letting an awful bullpen ruin a season of good starting pitching and scrappy offense. 

But are they really trying to win this year?  

I don't think they care one way or the other ... which is why I haven't cared or watched a single inning this season.  I may overdose on River Monsters and those crazy shows about Alaska before football season starts.

Maybe I'm just a huge homer, but I've never known the Braves to not aggressively attempt to win. Vintage Braves culture has been on display and the main reason they've over-achieved with this limited roster up to this point, despite the bullpen's struggles.

They can possibly be atop the NL East within a week, wouldn't be surprised one bit if they are. In baseball all you have to do is handle your division. I don't respect any of those clubs' pedigree.

Edited by benhillboy

• 2 weeks later...