• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The hardaway trade was for getting a sixth man

tdawg2617

• Premium Member

I'm not sure, Bazemore knows his role and the only reason he got so many minutes in the first place was injuries. Baze is still that wing defender energy guy off the bench. In his post season interview he said that his game is still only athleticism. He'd be the first to tell you he is far from a starter. 

I still have a lot of hope that Baze turns the corner.  I was not disappointed in him.  As a Laker she shot 45% from the field but it was probably mostly dunks.  I think bringing in THJr. gives us a shot at a guy on the verge of blowing up and starts the recycle program for Korver who won't be with us forever.

He only just finished his second season ... working with our staff his shot selection might really improve.  He is very early in his career and still at the point where he will learn a lot.  He has proven that he can hit the three almost 1.7 a game at .342 which is a pretty good percentage.  He can also handle the ball well which is a plus.

Being in that mess of situation in NY will have a negative impact on any player.

The biggest thing that he will need work on is his D.  Hopfully our guys will rub off on him.  I have a feeling if he doesn't play D he doesn't see PT.  That will encourage him.

I will say this: any player dumb enough NOT to take his opportunity and shoot the ball while playing with carMElo is dumb..........lmao

Better take your shot while you can..........lmao

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There's a lot of potential in this move, but ppl will complain we didn't get a rookie. Rookie classes have been one disapointment after another in the last four seasons so I personally don't mind one bit getting someone who, worst case scenario, will strengthen our bench which was badly exposed last year. Under the right tutelage THJR has the tools to be a very good starter in a year a two.

How many times has this kid scored 20 in the league? Compare that to all the times Oubre or whoever else has. Common sense move.

The crew on 92.9 joked about talking to Bud during the owner introduction. He was matter-of-fact in saying whichever underclassman they draft will get a whole lot of minutes for Fort Wayne. We can't waste assets on inexperienced kids here with the championship window open.

• Like 3

Our starting SG is also 34 years old and coming off ankle surgery. It should not surprise us if Korver's mpg go down from 32 mpg to the 25 - 28 mpg.

Agreed...July 1st will tell us a ton....If we can get Aldridge then it proves the Hawks are all in for a Title next season. 

• Moderators

He only just finished his second season ... working with our staff his shot selection might really improve.  He is very early in his career and still at the point where he will learn a lot.  He has proven that he can hit the three almost 1.7 a game at .342 which is a pretty good percentage.  He can also handle the ball well which is a plus.

Being in that mess of situation in NY will have a negative impact on any player.

The biggest thing that he will need work on is his D.  Hopfully our guys will rub off on him.  I have a feeling if he doesn't play D he doesn't see PT.  That will encourage him.

Agreed on the D.  34.2% is not a good perimeter number for someone who shoots that much, though.  It is marginal.  My hope is that Bud sees good fundamentals in him and that in our system he can get that up close to 40% ala Belinelli.

Edited by AHF