• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cavs continue spending spree

Well that didn't last long.

10 mins ago - via Sporting News

Executives around the league told Sporting News on Wednesday that Love eventually could wind up back on the trading block, but the Cavs needed to re-sign him rather than risk losing him for nothing in return. Thompson deserves a starting spot, and the Cavs are confident that, eventually, a smaller lineup with Thompson at center and Love at power forward will work.

Trade, Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/04/report-cavaliers-have-huge-interest-in-david-west/

Looks like the Cavs may have some interest in signing David West. Geez they have Thompson,Varajo,Love and now may add West. Why doesn't the league just give them $120 million dollars salary cap while the rest of the teams have 67 million. All this  BS of the Cavs want to win now well most teams do want to win now. The Hawks you think they want to win a championship 5 yrs from now? No but they still only have 67 million to play with. the Cavs will go 4 power forwards deep if they get West the Hawks they have Sap and Splitter. I love how the salary cap makes it equal for all the NBA teams.     

@WindhorstESPN

To that end, James doesn't plan to start talks with Cavs until Tristan Thompson's deal is settled. Currently those talks are stalled.

Is there a team left with cap space to offer him a max (which he isn't worth) just so Cabs will be forced to match or piss off LBJ.

The Cavs have something up their sleeve called hocus pocus. Just watch the magician pull another rabbit out of its hat. Pretty insane they can make all these moves within the cap. I know bird rules, if it wasn't bird rules they would find another way to get the players they want on their roster. Must be nice to have the king on your side. 

Let them spend. There isn't a lot of talent over there. Who is Kevin Love, the guy who regularly sits fourth quarters due to poor defense? They just has a weird perfect storm for matchups in the East playoffs. I wouldn't worry about what they're doing at all. Gilbert is a clown if he allows an aging, less efficient, increasingly egotistical LeBron to force his hand with Thompson.

• Premium Member

Cavs are serious about winning and don't forget their front office was smart enough to put them in position to resign their players. Is say they will play SA in the finals.

Somebody help me out here. The Cavs are already going to have to pay a temendous luxury tax bill, so how can they realistically look to trade for JJ who is set to make $25 million this year? If they're trying to trade Haywood's contract, shouldn't the NBA step in and veto that trade similar to the CP3 to Lakers trade?

Are you laughing at Dan Gilbert's Luxury Tax bill? Perfect fit for Joe, and actually quite scary.

Laughing at how everyone is so quick to help out Lebron . Denver and triangle Phil last year , now Billy in Brooklyn. Everything is all so perfect for Bron is it not? Kinda like it is for the Lakers when they are in contention

Laughing at how everyone is so quick to help out Lebron . Denver and triangle Phil last year , now Billy in Brooklyn. Everything is all so perfect for Bron is it not? Kinda like it is for the Lakers when they are in contention

I think Brooklyn is trying rid themselves of Joe's deal and get Haywood's contract. Brooklyn's helping themselves out. 

Please tell me this is a joke? So the league is just gonna let some BS trade like this happen just like they did with Pau Gasoline becoming a Laker and getting 2 championships huh..this is crap. Adam Silver, you are a puppet of David Stern...ridiculous