• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Put J Smoove Back in #5!

LastDon

Jake Fischer: While 6 teams have showed interest, there’s “nothing of substance” currently in the works for free agent Josh Smith, according to a source. 

– via Twitter JakeLFischer

Free Agency, Josh Smith

Die thread, DIE!!!!!

If Wilcox brought Osh back, this board would collapse upon itself like a black hole and disintegrate. Mrs. Dejay would be bailing me out of jail because I would've said or done something completely stupid. You'd see Grey Mule and Jay posting up selfies in Warrior gear. And Bud...oh boy....

Die thread, DIE!!!!!

If Wilcox brought Osh back, this board would collapse upon itself like a black hole and disintegrate. Mrs. Dejay would be bailing me out of jail because I would've said or done something completely stupid. You'd see Grey Mule and Jay posting up selfies in Warrior gear. And Bud...oh boy....

Why did you have to go there with GM and lady squawk? I like them.

The good news is most of you aren't in charge.  The reality is that Josh Smith is a very comparable player to Sap. In Josh's last season in Atlanta, he was statistically a clone of Milsap and would be playing for us right now for 5 million less.

But that isn't even what we are talking.  Would you take a second Milsap, a slightly worse shooter but superior post player and better wing defender for $4 million.  Cuz that's all you got available for Smith...an exception level deal.  Would you start Sap at the 3, while bringing Smith off the bench for 20 minutes a game or to guard one of those players going nuts against our bench.

I have seen Josh guard Lebron as well as pretty much anyone can guard Lebron and for us to get out of the East this year...we will need an answer to Lebron (even for only 10-15 minutes a game).

Anyone who says they wouldn't want Josh on this team, coming off the bench for a piddly 4 million is smoking something.

Edited by thecampster

The good news is most of you aren't in charge.  The reality is that Josh Smith is a very comparable player to Sap. In Josh's last season in Atlanta, he was statistically a clone of Milsap and would be playing for us right now for 5 million less.

Holy hell, Millsap is heads and shoulders above Josh Smith. What stats are you looking at? Take a look at efficiency stats like +/-, Net Rating, True Shooting %, VORP, PER, WS/48, etc., Millsap absolutely destroys Josh Smith because he is 10x the player. You must be looking at misleading counting stats. Look at the stats that actually tell you how much a player helped his team when he played and Josh Smith can't hold Millsap's jock strap.

Edited by pachoo5

• Admin

Holy hell, Millsap is heads and shoulders above Josh Smith. What stats are you looking at? Take a look at effeciency stats like +/-, Net Rating, True Shooting %, VORP, etc., Millsap absolutely destroys Josh Smith because he is 10x the player. You must be looking at misleading counting stats. Look at the stats that actually tell you how much a player helped his team when he played and Josh Smith can't hold Millsap's jock strap.

and Smith's d is VASTLY overrated

Detroit is paying Josh 4 million less to go away while Atlanta is paying Sap 4 million more to stay. Come on now trying to make a debate over two PFs with entirely different career trajectories over the past two years. As Cheese would say, the shit is unseemly,