• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Making Wise Decisions or Not?

Highpozt2

IMO paying DMC 15 Mil would have been nuts. With Thabo and Tim H Jr., the Hawks should be okay. Tiago Splitter was not the replacement for DMC but more for Pero Antić which, I think is an upgrade, particularly on defense and rebounds. Against the bigger frontlines having Horford, Milsap and Splitter will pay dividends. There are still some deals that can be made, I hope the Hawks stay active.

• Like 1

I'm loving all the moves so far. Splitter has a good 4 years left of being 7 feet, and I like Hardaway's upside. Flexible, deserving deal for arguably the second most versatile 4 in the league who could possibly have his best year ahead, no gripes over here.

• Like 3

I am fine with Splitter. A bit of a high contract, but he will be so much than Antić. I wonder what the Hawks were offering Carroll and if it was even close to what Toronto gave him.

I am fine with Splitter. A bit of a high contract, but he will be so much than Antić. I wonder what the Hawks were offering Carroll and if it was even close to what Toronto gave him.

My guess would be somewhere in the $12mil/year ballpark.

I love today's decisions.  There was no way we could keep DMC, and Splitter gives us depth in the front court.  

Really not sure about Hardaway.  Haven't seen him play.  My sense is he will be better than any rookie we would have drafted.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrZss9yJS4c

Why does it seem like for whatever reason there is always a Player X scores 25 Highlights Video on youtube and its always against the Hawks. 

I'm loving all the moves so far. Splitter has a good 4 years left of being 7 feet, and I like Hardaway's upside. Flexible, deserving deal for arguably the second most versatile 4 in the league who could possibly have his best year ahead, no gripes over here.

So far this has been one of the best offseasons for the Hawks and we still have months before the season start. Splitter, knows the spurs way so he shouldnt miss a step. We still need a SF, which leads me to believe the Hawks may work on a package to go after Tobias Harris.

In any case when it's all said and done we should be a top 3 team in the East.