• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Available Cap Space?

BraveSeminole

Can anyone tell me how much Cap Space the Hawks have (If, Any!) to sign another FA (SF?) or two?  I will readily admit that I have no understanding of the NBA's salary cap (Teams can go over the Cap Space/Luxury Tax under certain conditions/situations?)!  

And, IF, the Hawks actually do have some salary cap available which FA players (Wesley Johnson, Glenn Robinson 111, etc) do you think they should be trying to sign?

They have $4.72 of cap space left, give or take a million dollars here and there.

As far as who they might bring in, Wesley Johnson is one many are bringing up right now. And they can still make a deal involving Scott and/or Mack to bring in someone like Wilson Chandler...

Edited by Dejay

We are over the cap by 4.45 mil or 3.3 mil if it's 67.1 mil. If it's 69.1 mil, we are over by 2.45 or 1.3 mil. The difference is huge, while we still have to trade for a non guarantee deal for Mack, we can simply SnT Daye for Splitter and they can cut Daye that minute. It's best if we can SnT Carroll w/ Mack and get Ridour in the process and get Tiago to waive his trade kicker which would help us out a lot.

Ridour can be cut ASAP and can we just have a cap hold for the #12 roster spot.

With that said, we are limited with cash so we must be smart. If we want Wes Johnson and his bird rights, we need to do a SnT with LAL. They will likely accept a TPE or maybe a future 2nd round pick. Same with TOR taking on Shelvin's contract for Luke R. non guaranteed deal.

We have to move Scott or Mack. That's unquestionable as well as Austin Daye. Clear the cap, get Tiago and Millsap and move forward.

The new cap which will be announced on July 8th is vital for our cap. It's likely Mike Scott or Mack is out. I would say Scott more than Mack due to the fact that Atlanta is looking for backup PF's in FA. Honestly, a Mike Scott for Wes Johnson SnT makes sense for both teams. LA needs a legit scorer off the of the bench who can backup Randle and Atlanta needs a SF who can fit in our system as well as control his bird rights.

Edited by NBASupes

We have to move Scott or Mack. That's unquestionable as well as Austin Daye. Clear the cap, get Tiago and Millsap and move forward.

The new cap which will be announced on July 8th is vital for our cap. It's likely Mike Scott or Mack is out. I would say Scott. Honestly, a Mike Scott for Wes Johnson SnT makes sense for both teams. LA needs a legit scorer off the of the bench who can backup Randle and Atlanta needs a SF who can fit in our system as well as control his bird rights.

Pretty much this. Unless Budcox is working some salary cap trade magic behind the scenes, we can't even afford the roster we currently have. Someone has gotta go between Scott and Mack. We have ZERO money for free agents right now, beyond the league minimum salary and our $2.8m Room exception. We can use the 2.8m Room exception to go over the cap, but first we have to move Scott or Mack to get under the cap.

• Like 1

Pretty much this. Unless Budcox is working some salary cap trade magic behind the scenes, we can't even afford the roster we currently have. Someone has gotta go between Scott and Mack. We have ZERO money for free agents right now, beyond the league minimum salary and our $2.8m Room exception. We can use the 2.8m Room exception to go over the cap, but first we have to move Scott or Mack to get under the cap.

I was completely wrong on the amount. Depending on the cap and Splitter waving his kicker is true but the amount I said was wrong. Either way, there might be a chance we will have to trade Mack or Scott.

Edited by NBASupes

Lou Williams is a Laker.

I think with the additions of Hibbert and Lou that the Lakers are trying to cause Kobe to have a heart attack or mental breakdown...enjoy Lakers lol

I think with the additions of Hibbert and Lou that the Lakers are trying to cause Kobe to have a heart attack or mental breakdown...enjoy Lakers lol

There just trying to put the best offensive team on display for Kobe's last year.

Hibbert? Offense? Hmmm

Well they need someone who plays some form of defense and can clear the mess with Julius Randle.

Lou Will makes sense with Russell and Clarkson being the PG's.

Edited by NBASupes

Well they need someone who plays some form of defense and can clear the mess with Julius Randle.

Lou Will makes sense with Russell and Clarkson being the PG's.

Ya I agree with all those guys on offense but watching Hibbert play offense...it's just really hard to watch..very robotic jump hooks from 20 feet out... Kobe is gonna lose it with him early on.

• Premium Member

The problem is nobody knows.  We have to wait 3 more days.   Moreover, nobody wants to say it, but Daye and Muscala are immediately on the line because they have NG contracts.   So if the cap is the lower figure, the fix will be losing one or both of them... before trading Mack or Scott.  To trade Mack or Scott, you have to find partners.   However, Muscala or Daye or both may be included in the Spurs trade.