• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Splitter for Jamal Crawford.

DS17Fanboy

It could be possible if they dont get Hibbert. They need a center and dont have allot of cap-space. All they really got to get a quality center is the Crawford trading chip. Hell, they might even be interested if they get Hibbert, so they can hedge their bets and deal with both guys injurie and durability issues. + they have all sorts of roster holes. They could also use a Scott, Mack, Daye etc as fillers.

I like Splitter, but Crawford imo would be great here, off the bench or as a starter. Finally a guy who can create his own shot and is a go-to-guy come crunch-time.

Maybe we could also get Paul Pierce, seeing he went for LA when Jordan was still there, and most likely to chase another ring. The ink is still wet. He might be interested in the team that iliminated them last season. Another body on Lebron, champ-vet, a crunch-time guy and hopefully some gas in his tank left.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

To bring another dimension on offense. Yes Crawford hasnt been very good last season, but he has shown to be able to bring it for many years. Last playoffs showed how hot shooters and iso situations broke our neck. I think we need a guy who is able to perform in such situations.

+ I think the value of our D is mostly team oriented. I dont think he would hurt us that much. + he would be able to play lots of minutes alongside either/and Dennis and Thabo, who on their positions can close in on defensive errors.

• Admin

To bring another dimension on offense. Yes Crawford hasnt been very good last season, but he has shown to be able to bring it for many years. Last playoffs showed how hot shooters and iso situations broke our neck. I think we need a guy who is able to perform in such situations.

+ I think the value of our D is mostly team oriented. I dont think he would hurt us that much. + he would be able to play lots of minutes alongside either/and Dennis and Thabo, who on their positions can close in on defensive errors.

so we give up a much needed big man with an high iq to get a player to play a position that we already have a plethora of. He doesn't remotely answer a need Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1

so we give up a much needed big man with an high iq to get a player to play a position that we already have a plethora of. He doesn't re,lately answe a need

I think he does. Again: the crunchtime and iso qualities you have not answered to. + We have no real scorers. We are a "jumpshooting" team that didnt score a whole lot last saeson. We where great at capitalising on errors, passing, and making high quality shots. We dont shoot all that great. Specially we did not las playoffs.

Lets look at the guys we have with Carrol's above expected shooting gone. Korver might not be able to pull off another record-setting season, specially not after what we have seen the closing months. Baze is not a shooter at all, he chucked like 20 something straight 3 point shots in the playoffs. Thabo, we can only hope hits a few like in his good period last season. So who do we got? Teague? Not so much. Dennis? lol wetdreams.

OK, yeah I forgot about Hardaway.  Well yeah, similar guy. Lets just hope he delivers.

Think what you want, but after reminding myself that we aquired Hardaway, Bud and the FO must have thought in a similar veign like I did.

We need a guy like that if you like it or not. Lets just hope Hardaway shows up.

Crawford's shooting has as many highs as lows, while the games in between are usually net negatives for his his defense. He did have the memorable Orlando series for us, but he's shot <40% each year he's made the postseason. His last two games in a Hawks uniform were 1-9 and 2-10. We already have THJ, Scott, and Mack if we want to roll the dice on streaky shooters. Splitter is a better player in general and more valuable to our team. 

The last time we saw Jamal in a Hawks uniform, he went 2 - 19 FG in the final 2 games in that 2011 EC Semifinals series vs Chicago.

If he's going to shoot like that in critical playoff games, we might as well call up Jordan Crawford.

How about also adding Josh Smith. We could use another 3&D guy who protects the rim.spiteful.gif

Yeah, after reviewing it makes no sense. Hardaway atm is a poor man's Crawford, but is younger and can become better. Loosing Splitter is not in any shape or form off-setting aquiring a rich man's Hardaway version.

Im still figuring out how to capitalise on LAC situation. Paula...

Im just about putting things on the table to discuss. Im not about a popularity contest on the internet. See my politically slanted posts...

Its the way I was brought up. Nothing funny about it, really...