• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Justin Holiday signed by hawks

GrimeyKidd

Wha? Huh? Meh. Ugh. DAFUQ??? Welp, Bud knows better than me/us. Hope this is one of those hidden gems he can mold into something, ala DMC. Seems like a redundant pickup to me. I mean they already have Blaze, just got rid of Jenkins, and added THJr. Hmmmm, hope this is just trade bait. Scratching head.....

Were DMC or Sap starters when they came over?? It wouldnt shock me to see the Hawks deploy this:

c horford

pf sap

sf holiday/thabo any combination of minutes

sg hardaway/ korver any combination of minutes

pg teague

Edited by atlhawks1

Didn't know he was Pac 10(12) Defensive Player of the Year his senior season.

Maybe he could guard SFs. Lets wait and see. Size isn't everything. Maybe he has the fundamentals and skill level to guard people bigger than him. He definitely has the wing span and athleticism.

Seems like a very good 3-D candidate.

• Like 2

I don't know what to say about a guy who is crying about playing professional basketball in Europe. When I heard he had a hard road to the NBA I thought about fighting cancer or something like that... Not about playing ball in Belgium...

I've seen him play for Santa Cruz. I actually like him. Two way potential. Kinda skilled. Smart. I like the move but he's more of a developmental prospect at this stage.

This could be trouble for Bazemore. Maybe his trade value is higher than Mack who they might be stuck with.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Didn't know he was Pac 10(12) Defensive Player of the Year his senior season.

Maybe he could guard SFs. Lets wait and see. Size isn't everything. Maybe he has the fundamentals and skill level to guard people bigger than him. He definitely has the wing span and athleticism.

Seems like a very good 3-D candidate.

Snap analysis from here says:

- Shorter edition (6-6ish) of Austin Daye (6-10ish) physically

- Higher BBIQ

- Less selfish

- Better defensive skills

@sturt check out this article about Justin

http://www.basesandbaskets.com/2015/03/golden-state-warriors-defense-justin-holiday-2015.html

Seems like his defense potential (BBIQ) is phenomenal.

He like Muscala is undersized for a center, Justin is undersized for a SF and really doesn't have the skills or good scoring ability to be a SG. He has potential. He fills one of the biggest needs I had going into the season. A developmental SF. We also needed a developmental SG which THJr is.

I hate the Warriors...I have since 1986

I can't stand players tweeting things to keep players these days. What in the world did they do back in the day? Go meet them? Or something just as lame like sending out one of those airplanes over the beach with a private message or something..

He needs to tweet them DMCs 4yr/$60mil deal, lol.

I hope you guys realize that this is a joke referencing the deandre Jordan situation. Edited by HighFlyer

lol. geez

The Spurs get LMA and the Hawks sign Justin Hoilday.

All you can do is laugh.

Pete Babcock could do a lot of this. Hell, at least he can say that he got Deke and Phonso Ellis was a good player before he got here.

He's a solid two way developmental piece with potential. Nothing wrong with this signing. It was a need.

They need a legit starter at the SF spot. They already have Kent Bazemore.

Bazemore is a scrub for us and a SG. Way too small to be a SF and not laterally quick enough to make up for the lack of size. Holiday can play spot minutes at SF and he has potential to be a solid NBA player with more development. He's at the same point of his career as Mike Muscala.

If you notice, we always turn up the tempo when Baze comes in because he can't play within our offensive sets.

Edited by NBASupes

Bazemore is a scrub for us and a SG. Way too small to be a SF and not laterally quick enough to make up for the lack of size. Holiday can play spot minutes at SF and he has potential to be a solid NBA player with more development. He's at the same point of his career as Mike Muscala.

If you notice, we always turn up the tempo when Baze comes in because he can't play within our offensive sets.

This guy will probably be marginally better at best. He is 6'6 and 185 pounds. Not very impressive for a SF.

Hopefully he goes to the D league and the Hawks start working on a way to get a starting SF.

Edited by Hotlanta1981