• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Offseason Power Rankings - CBS Sports

RandomFan

I will be going all in if this ends up being the win total line for the Hawks this year.

http://gamingtoday.com/race_sports/nba/article/54866-Predicting_NBA_season_win_totals#.VaezWvm8p0Y

"Atlanta Hawks: (40.5 LY), finished 61-21: Last year’s top overachiever. Will be bigger with Tiago Splitter and Edy Tavares alongside Paul Millsap and Al Horford, but need point guards Jeff Teague and Dennis Schröder to take another step forward. Kyle Korver and Thabo Sefolosha returning to health also essential. Projected wins: 46.5"

They have the Heat, Raptors and Wizards projected at 47.5. The Bulls and Cavs are also higher which puts us at 6th in the East. These fools are clueless. Just more disrespect towards us which works out very well for betting futures.

I'm all in for a second year as well! Won some nice loot last year, let's run it back.

I think the analysis on our SF is spot on.  We will miss Carroll on offense because even if Thabo has a decent year shooting, he just doesn't shoot enough to get the respect on D that Carroll draws.  On D, Thabo should be even better than Carroll when healthy.  The real hit is what is behind them.  We are taking a big collective step back defensively going from DMC/Thabo to Thabo/Fill-in-the-blank.  

The big upgrades for us are Splitter and continued growth from Dennis.  Hopefully Hardaway will start playing D and rebound his shot and Holiday will prove to be a standout defender off the bench.  I like us in the 50-60 win range for this season with my biggest concerns being SF depth (we've got a lot of guys I am fine with at SG) and the health of Korver & Thabo.  

That is a very attractive line.  Last year's was too!

I'm all in for a second year as well! Won some nice loot last year, let's run it back.

I think all of these Overs look good. Would probably limit myself to only 2 or 3.

ATL Over 46.5.

NYK Over 32.5

Utah Over 40.5

Sac Over 32.5.

Mem Over 52.5

N.O. Over 46.5

I think all of these Overs look good. Would probably limit myself to only 2 or 3.

ATL Over 46.5.

NYK Over 32.5

Utah Over 40.5

Sac Over 32.5.

Mem Over 52.5

N.O. Over 46.5

I would agree with all except Knicks...I can't see them winning 33 games at all. They have a heartless aging whiney "superstar" in Melo and nothing else.

I would agree with all except Knicks...I can't see them winning 33 games at all. They have a heartless aging whiney "superstar" in Melo and nothing else.

Look at that division though.  They get 16 games vs Brk/Bos/Phi/Tor.  A lineup of Galloway/Afflalo/Melo/Williams/Lopez is good enough to win 35+ if they stay healthy.  That's one that I probably wouldn't bet big on but I would pick over before I picked under.

• Like 1

ATL Over 46.5.

NYK Over 32.5

Utah Over 40.5

Sac Over 32.5.

Mem Over 52.5

N.O. Over 46.5

Also over on the Twolves, under on the Nets and Warriors.

Look at that division though. They get 16 games vs Brk/Bos/Phi/Tor. A lineup of Galloway/Afflalo/Melo/Williams/Lopez is good enough to win 35+ if they stay healthy. That's one that I probably wouldn't bet big on but I would pick over before I picked under.

The Lopez and Afflalo signings will help a lot but jumping in wins by that many games is tough. You're right they are in a weak division and I can see them winning 7/16 games there so that helps but against the rest of the league will be tough... I really thought Phil Jax would not sign Melo when he came in that first year. Big mistake I think by Phil, very uncharacteristic mistake by a 13 NBA ring guy.

• Moderators

People are overlooking that Dennis will be better, Splitter will give us way more production than Pero did (and I liked Pero), and we have scoring punch off the bench which we just didn't have in the playoffs last year.

I like how we are referred to as a great regular season team when we went to the ECF last year.   

• Like 3

I like how we are referred to as a great regular season team when we went to the ECF last year.

Lol...I honestly wonder if these writers actually watched our games or refer to older writers notes from the early 90's..lol

• Moderators

People are overlooking that Dennis will be better, Splitter will give us way more production than Pero did (and I liked Pero)  

Hey now...

The big upgrades for us are Splitter and continued growth from Dennis.  

• Like 1

Look at that division though.  They get 16 games vs Brk/Bos/Phi/Tor.  A lineup of Galloway/Afflalo/Melo/Williams/Lopez is good enough to win 35+ if they stay healthy.  That's one that I probably wouldn't bet big on but I would pick over before I picked under.

Nah, I don't see the Knicks being able to feast on that crappy division.  Fisher is an awful coach.  They'll be in more games but will ultimately give them away at the end.  I see 28-32 wins at absolute best.

• Moderators

Why would the media be high on this team after what they saw in the playoffs? Hell, there are Hawks fans that aren't high on this team going into the upcoming season and rightfully so. 

Health will be a big factor with the Heat. They would've been in the playoffs but their team got decimated with injuries. The Heat's starting five has the potential to be real good though. Wade, Whiteside, Bosh, Dragic, and Deng/Winslow. Despite them adding  some youth to their bench, age will also be a big factor with them.

We saw a team that wasn't as sharp as the regular season but we still beat the Nets in 6 and the Wiz in 6.   We got crushed by the Cavs, and i won't make excuses for that but it's not like we didn't get to the ECF.

My East rankings ...

1. CLE - Have enough talent, best player in game, blah, blah, blah ...

2. CHI - Enough talent to have a really good regular season record

2a. ATL - Will be mid-50's in the W column

4. WAS - Wall/Beal will lead them to another good regular season record, that's about it.  As an aside, I'm freakin' sick of folks assuming if Wall's healthy they beat us last postseason

5. MIL - Will be about the same as last season but won't sneak up on folks anymore. Lack of reliable shooting will diminish Monroe's O.  Kidd (surprisingly) good coaching will lead them to just-above-.500

6. MIA - Won't be healthy but will win enough to make playoffs. Whiteside will be suspended again

7. TOR - Meh team.  Good enough to make playoffs, that's about it

8. ORL - Will be dangerous on any given night

9. BKN - Will be decent, may trade for Lawson, could be dangerous but bLopez/JoeJohn won't care enough for their record to be better

10. IND - George/Monta will have good stats, rest of team just not good

11. NYK - Melo will get paid regardless so ... meh

12. BOS - Same as ORL but less talent; not sure why y'all love Sullinger so much

13. CHA - Meh, meh, meh, meh, meh ... Kemba will herobawl them to another middling season before they realize he's an awful PG

14. DET - van Gundy bloom fades; Reggie becomes the new JoeJohn-level awful contract

15. PHI - May be better than DET recordwise but really who cares.  Starting PG is Isaiah Canaan(sp?) ... yikes

king01 Approved king.gif

• Moderators

My East rankings ...

4. WAS - Wall/Beal will lead them to another good regular season record, that's about it.  As an aside, I'm freakin' sick of folks assuming if Wall's healthy they beat us last postseason

5. MIL - Will be about the same as last season but won't sneak up on folks anymore. Lack of reliable shooting will diminish Monroe's O.  Kidd (surprisingly) good coaching will lead them to just-above-.500

6. MIA - Won't be healthy but will win enough to make playoffs. Whiteside will be suspended again

9. BKN - Will be decent, may trade for Lawson, could be dangerous but bLopez/JoeJohn won't care enough for their record to be better

12. BOS - Same as ORL but less talent; not sure why y'all love Sullinger so much

13. CHA - Meh, meh, meh, meh, meh ... Kemba will herobawl them to another middling season before they realize he's an awful PG

14. DET - van Gundy bloom fades; Reggie becomes the new JoeJohn-level awful contract

15. PHI - May be better than DET recordwise but really who cares.  Starting PG is Isaiah Canaan(sp?) ... yikes

king01 Approved king.gif

I agree with a lot of it.  I think Atlanta is the solid #2 team though.   The Bulls don't impress me and they really don't have anything new going on this year other than their creaky frontcourt being older.  

My East rankings ...

king01 Approved king.gif

Decent. Think Atl is #2 and Detroit will be a lot better than that but not bad.