• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tayshaun Prince now off the market

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo 27m27 minutes ago

Timberwolves have agreed to terms on a one-year deal paying the veteran's minimum with veteran forward Tayshaun Prince, a source told Yahoo.

I guess Bud is satisfied with the team as is and doesn't plan to bring any other Small forwards in even if it only cost the vet. minimum.  I find this strange!

• Premium Member

We all know Bud is a stubborn guy. Perhaps he thinks Prince has nothing left to give, who knows.

I think we would be better having him in our roster, but hey, I'm not a GM.

Certainly would not have hurt!  How much did Brand have left in the tank last year?

• Moderators

Whats so great about prince in 2015-16? This ain't 2005

He plays SF at 6'9''.  Holiday played SG last season (with a few minutes of PG and a few more of SF) and is undersized at SF.  

I'm not sure Prince is a solution to our needs but we have a definite need at SF, IMO.

• Like 2

Pretty good defender...Shot 45% from the 3 point line last year.  Sounds like a useful player to me!

I'm more than willing to eat my words.  I had no idea he shot that well from 3.  I thought he was in the low 30's and could only hit the corner 3 at a decent rate. 

Assuming Scott is still active, which players do we sit each night? We don't have any more Jenkins or Dayes and Muscala has earned a spot in the rotation. Only 13 players can dress each night.

Edited by JETSET

• Moderators

He averaged about one three point attempt a game.   He made 62 3 pointers for the season.   He's one of my favorite players in the league but he's not going to move the needle for us and probably didn't want to come to the Hawks a never play.

I'm more than willing to eat my words.  I had no idea he shot that well from 3.  I thought he was in the low 30's and could only hit the corner 3 at a decent rate. 

Assuming Scott is still active, which players do we sit each night? We don't have any more Jenkins or Dayes and Muscala has earned a spot in the rotation. Only 13 players can dress each night.

As has been already stated by Mac(thinks he's my)Daddy, don't fall for the Josh Childress magic of thinking a guy is a good 3 point shooter because of his percentages while ignoring the volume....and everything else.  Prince is done and has been for years, he's expected to win about as many games for the Wolves as KG is.  To think he'll offer anything but vet leadership as a player that Flip is familiar with to a lotto team that features Shabazz Muhammed and Wiggins already at SF is griping for the sake of griping.

As has been already stated by Mac(thinks he's my)Daddy, don't fall for the Josh Childress magic of thinking a guy is a good 3 point shooter because of his percentages while ignoring the volume....and everything else.  Prince is done and has been for years, he's expected to win about as many games for the Wolves as KG is.  To think he'll offer anything but vet leadership as a player that Flip is familiar with to a lotto team that features Shabazz Muhammed and Wiggins already at SF is griping for the sake of griping.

I don't know. I think I could win the tWolves a game or two ... (hehe)

My only assumption here is that they want to develop chemistry so they'd rather give the young guys a chance to step up instead of bringing in a vet.

I still think Prince would've been a good move though, even if just as a vet presence who gets spot minutes like Brand.