• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Check out what J Rich brings to the Hawks….

JTB

He's no longer a high flyer but he does bring value to this Hawks team! Check out some key games from Jason Richardson this past season….I think you will like what you see and be a bit more excited about our new hawk!

See….he's not completely washed up!

• Like 4

• Moderators

If those knees hold up he'll be big for us but that's a big if.   Talk about an all around game though.   I like that we've stockpiled a bunch of different type guys on the wing.   Last year we were seriously lacking in wings off the bench as evidenced by Mack playing the 2 in our most important games of the year.   We should be much improved offensively especially in playoff type games.

• Premium Member

2015-08-20_1042.png

19 = Total games played

8 = DNP (not counting the final two)

5 = Lousy games

4 = Exceptional games

Reviewing 82 games data, JRich pretty much never matched up with the other team's SF in the games played this season.

While we hope for the best for every player coming to camp, there's a reason this contract is not guaranteed.

• Like 1

2015-08-20_1042.png

19 = Total games played

5 = Lousy games

4 = Exceptional games

Reviewing 82 games data, JRich pretty much never matched up with the other team's SF in the games played this season.

While we hope for the best for every player coming to camp, there's a reason this contract is not guaranteed.

Yea, no knock on JRich since we all know he is a capable player, but this signing is similar to the Elton Brand signing where the Hawks needed to add depth at a position.

• Like 1

2015-08-20_1042.png

19 = Total games played

5 = Lousy games

4 = Exceptional games

It could be that they will use him in a trade....other than that I think the only reason the contract isn't guaranteed because Bud and Staff want to make sure he's actually healthy since he did suffer a major injury last season.

Like mentioned above everyone knows he's a capable player but can he stay healthy and Is he truly healthy to even play right now

• Premium Member

It could be that they will use him in a trade.

Huh? Not following the reasoning. He was on the market all this time... if some team actually wanted him, they would have already went after him with something slightly better than the minimum non-guaranteed that we gave him, no?

Huh? Not following the reasoning. He was on the market all this time... if some team actually wanted him, they would have already went after him with something slightly better than the minimum non-guaranteed that we gave him, no?

Honestly I was just stating something from an article I read lol.... but it didn't make any sense to me either but thr article suggested that the Hawks may be looking to trade him and that may be why the deal isn't guranteed

Trust me I was scratching my head too on that one

• Like 1

• Moderators

The idea behind a trade would have to be that it would give the other team cap relief.  They can trade a player with a guaranteed contract for JRich whose contract is not guaranteed.  After the trade, they cut him and now they get cap relief equal to the contract of t he player traded to Atlanta (i.e., 0 (JRich) - $traded player = cap impact of the trade).  For a team that is on the boarder of being a tax payer, that could make sense.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Right. But assuming he would make the roster, have to keep him on the roster until mid-December regardless, iirc. That, and most teams don't seem to do much about their salary cap position until the Feb trade deadline at the earliest. To my mind, this is a pretty straightforward move for all of the reasons we've been discussing since it was first announced.

• Moderators

Right. But assuming he would make the roster, have to keep him on the roster until mid-December regardless, iirc. That, and most teams don't seem to do much about their salary cap position until the Feb trade deadline at the earliest. To my mind, this is a pretty straightforward move for all of the reasons we've been discussing since it was first announced.

I don't think it is being driven by a cap relief trade but that is how it would work if a team was interested.  Otherwise, they just would have signed him.

Well if anything we know he can occasionally go off if healthy.  I don't expect much, I see it similar to when we had Tmac.

He'll probably sit on the bench a good portion of the season but then have some random games where he puts up big numbers and looks like a younger version of himself.