• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CBS Sports takes a shot at the Hawks division title

Plainview1981

Winning a weak division will get you a top-four seed, or any seed all, but are these changes really enough?

Guess who's division banner they show....

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/div_banner_090915.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25295481/things-to-know-nba-division-winners-not-guaranteed-playoff-spot

They try to make it sound like the Hawks wouldn't have done shit if they hadn't played in a "weak division".

Regardless of what one things about how the Hawks performed in the playoffs... They won the regular season easily.

• Like 3

Excellent point @JayBirdHawk!

I'll add that it's mighty funny how half these clowns expected Wall/Beal to go 82-0, the other half expected DWhine, Bosh & the gang to go 72-10 and a third of them expected Lantz and the HorCats to be a 50-win team last season but now we're to believe it was the weakest division in basketball?

Meanwhile Toronto runs away with a division in which all the other teams were basically tanking?  If you think my math didn't add up, try to figure that one out.  C'mon, son.

• Moderators

We had the top record in the East and 2nd best record in the entire league.  Who gives a #$*& what division we were in?  No matter what playoff format there is, we would have been in the same position as the #1 in the East (or the #2 in a 16 team format).

• Like 1

We had the top record in the East and 2nd best record in the entire league.  Who gives a #$*& what division we were in?  No matter what playoff format there is, we would have been in the same position as the #1 in the East (or the #2 in a 16 team format).

It's funny how many people fail to understand that. Our record would have been the same if we were in a division with the Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, and Raptors or the Pistons, Magic, Sixers, and Knicks. 

That said, there is nothing in that article that discredits the Hawks. 

• Moderators

It's funny how many people fail to understand that. Our record would have been the same if we were in a division with the Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, and Raptors or the Pistons, Magic, Sixers, and Knicks. 

That said, there is nothing in that article that discredits the Hawks. 

Or with the Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, etc.

Did y'all even read the article?  No where does he mention the Hawks.  And the caption says "These banners mean even less after the rule changes. (USATSI)"  We won the conference so new rules or not we would have still been number 1.  Damn y'all are still sensitive.  

• Like 1

Did y'all even read the article?  No where does he mention the Hawks.  And the caption says "These banners mean even less after the rule changes. (USATSI)"  We won the conference so new rules or not we would have still been number 1.  Damn y'all are still sensitive.  

It's the offseason man.  Which would you rather have happen, us read the article go ho-hum and move on or us not read the article, overreact then go on for a page or 3 bashing ESPN, Fox and whoever else?

• Moderators

Actually, no I didn't read it yet.  Just saw the comments and thought we were being called out as poster children for why division rules for teams didn't make sense.

Did y'all even read the article? No where does he mention the Hawks. And the caption says "These banners mean even less after the rule changes. (USATSI)" We won the conference so new rules or not we would have still been number 1. Damn y'all are still sensitive.

LOL. I agree that there is a little sensitivity going on here. Showing the Hawks division banner was more of them just being lazy and showing ANY division banner, than taking a shot at the Hawks.

I'm all for believing "the media hates the Hawks" narrative. But on this one, this is simply them being lazy.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

Well, shucks.  Any one remember what the Hawks record was last season against the

great western division?  I know what "they" say.  When you get old, the second thing

to go is your short term memory, but I seem to remember that the Hawks won a game

or two out west.

We all know that the "experts" are going to be very disappointed if the Cavs don't go 82-0

for the season and then sweep all their playoff games.  However, when these same people

think that Atlanta will go no higher than 5th in the east, we wonder just how good that

they believe that DMC really is?

Oh.  What is the first thing to go?  Danged if I know.  I forgot!

GO ATL HAWKS !

wild.gif

• Like 2

• Moderators

But, the Sheryl Crow version?

Sheryl Crow is the greatest female singer, songwriter, and performer from the last 50 years IMHO. Admit it... You love listening to a little Sheryl Crow while reminiscing about the glory days.

378.gif

I can't even say that with a straight face... Not sure how I let Sheryl Crow get a pass. I am a offended and disappointed by my carelessness and will work on continuing my improvement... some time next week maybe.

• Like 1

Sheryl Crow is the greatest female singer, songwriter, and performer from the last 50 years IMHO. Admit it... You love listening to a little Sheryl Crow while reminiscing about the glory days.

378.gif

I can't even say that with a straight face... Not sure how I let Sheryl Crow get a pass. I am a offended and disappointed by my carelessness and will work on continuing my improvement... some time next week maybe.

I'd rank her higher than the Madonna knockoffs we have these days, but surely not the greatest singer of the last 50 years.