• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations vs Minn

capstone21

• Admin

I know it is only the half but I have already turned the game off....so I will give my observations early

man that was a mess ... No one was trying

No energy, literally everyone was just standing around

too many games so early but that is just a symptom and not an excuse 

The defense was playing Barkley matador ole ... 

Offense was hardly trying 

Wow giving up 72 points and down by 30 at the half ... Just wow

minny just killing from both sides ... It started with Rubio's play and then others got into the act .., Wiggins is awesome

their bench only increased their dominance 

i saw nothing good at all from the Hawks perspective 

i hope they are embarrassed by this performance and realize you can't take anybody for granted

i wonder what else is on tv tonight

on to the next one.

let me know how it turns out :)

very ugly. but respect to Wolves for getting back the momentum after our comeback. Hawks may have thought "yes we made it" at the lead and that's where the adrenalin was falling and they started feeling in their legs how much effort the put in the defense in the 2nd half....

EDIT: but the refs cost us at least 5 possessions (but they also missed Jeff's flagrant 2)

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

• Admin

That was a tale of two halves 

I was walking the dogs and my friend texted me about the comeback ... So turned it back on with 7 minutes to go .... Shocked to see them get up by one ...

props to minny for taking it back

i didn't see most of the second half but by e sounds of it they finally started playing ... If only the Hawks did it the whole game

happy to see them make it respectable 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thoughts?  Fug. Dees. Reffs.

Ridiculous all game.  And also Teague might get suspended for that cheap shot on that foulin'Euro.

When Minnesota was getting 100% of the calls in the first half I chalked it up to the 'ol give the more aggressive team the benefit of the whistle; but in the fourth quarter when  we we had them on the ropes after outplaying and outhustlin the crap out of them? Why the hell do we get no respect whatsoever? Did Bud sleep with the head officials wife?

• Like 1

I don't know what that was the first half,  but I enjoyed the comeback even though they fell short.

I have no clue what the refs were doing - 7 freethrows for the home team? Unfreakingbelievable. Foul on Rubio on Milsap on a rebound Ignoring Teague calling a time out with 2:33 left.?  The 8 second backcourt violation? SMDH.

Refs were sleepwalking like the Hawks were in the 1st half.

Y'all realize ATL has a "lottery protected" 1st round pick from the Wolves ONLY if Minny makes the playoffs? At halftime Bud prolly said "Let'em win, but damn not by 30."

Just now, JayBirdHawk sagte:

I don't know what that was the first half,  but I enjoyed the comeback even though they fell short.

I have no clue what the refs were doing - 7 freethrows for the home team? Unfreakingbelievable.  Ignoring Teague calling a time out with 2:33 left.? SMDH.

My personal highlight was Dennis getting buried under a Sota player while taking a jump shoit without a whistle. Like...seriously? Running over someone shooting the ball isn't a foul?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kurupt said:

My personal highlight was Dennis getting buried under a Sota player while taking a jump shoit without a whistle. Like...seriously? Running over someone shooting the ball isn't a foul?

Or the clear touches to balls out of bounds, the Korver charge, the bailout of Wiggins when Baze and Korver bottled him up on a drive, Teague getting bodied all game and no whistle, while they breath on Kevin Martin and it's a shooting foul. It was BS. A farily officiated game during that final quarter would have resulted in a double digit win the other way.

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Y'all realize ATL has a "lottery protected" 1st round pick from the Wolves ONLY if Minny makes the playoffs? At halftime Bud prolly said "Let'em win, but damn not by 30."

Thought the pick was in 2017

7 minutes ago, kurupt said:

Oh that was just special wasn't it?  That's where we got chirpy with the refs and they responded to the pettiest extent they could by swallowing the whistle on one end.

That was shameful.  Shame on us for putting ourselves in that position.  Still, for the refs to put the outcome in their hands, ON OUR HOMECOURT no less, was just plain ridiculous.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Oh that was just special wasn't it?  That's where we got chirpy with the refs and they responded to the pettiest extent they could by swallowing the whistle on one end.

That was shameful.  Shame on us for putting ourselves in that position.  Still, for the refs to put the outcome in their hands, ON OUR HOMECOURT no less, was just plain ridiculous.

It was clearly personal with the refs tonight. They had some ulterior motives with those whistles no doubt about it.