• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations vs Minn

capstone21

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the responsibility for our offensive flow falls to Jeff Teague.  He needs to set the tone and pace for the start of games.

An early Kyle three (or a couple of em) sets the tone IMO.  They've been few and far between this year.

• Moderators
On 11/10/2015, 12:18:58, Atlantaholic said:

I'll join the chorus in stating I'm not overly worried about our defense and chalk it up to Minnesota having their best shooting game of the season. Most of their players had been ice cold coming in so they were due to bust out and return to the mean. Reminds me of the first Cleveland game where they made like 13 three pointers in the first quarter. 

If that was the case i'd agree but they only made 7 3s the whole game and were 4-8 from three in the first half.     In fact we made 2 more 3s than they did in the first half despite going down by 30+.   Which means that they were getting easy shots at the rim at will which means we were playing crap defense.     I don't know that i'm overly worried but that coupled with a loss of composure at the end are big areas that need to improve.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If that was the case i'd agree but they only made 7 3s the whole game and were 4-8 from three in the first half.     In fact we made 2 more 3s than they did in the first half despite going down by 30+.   Which means that they were getting easy shots at the rim at will which means we were playing crap defense.     I don't know that i'm overly worried but that coupled with a loss of composure at the end are big areas that need to improve.

Did you watch the game? Just because they weren't getting threes doesn't mean they weren't draining jumpers. Rubio, Zach Levine, and Andrew Wiggins were nailing jumper after jumper after jumper.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Did you watch the game? Just because they weren't getting threes doesn't mean they weren't draining jumpers. Rubio, Zach Levine, and Andrew Wiggins were nailing jumper after jumper after jumper.

I did.  Did you?   They were 13-22 in the 1st quarter and made exactly 5 shots outside of the paint.    So that's 12 points on jumpers, 16 on shots basically at the rim, and the rest free throws in a 30 point quarter for the twolves.      That's officially crappy defense.   We just weren't ready for them.     In fact they hit 11 jumpers in the whole first half compared to 18 shots in the paint.  

1MM8gII