• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Back to being irrelevant

Alex

46 minutes ago, aali34 said:

i don't think they are gonna be anything big now, but in 2-4 years they could be a really good team in the nba with  core that could stick together for years.

Wiggins - two way athletic freak

Towns - two way athletic freak

Lavine- Athletic freak ( haven't watched him enough to make a generalization)

I dont know, i just like them more than philly 

plus they got this talent in only two years

I'm not saying the can't be, but it was the same in the Love era.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Wiggins in Minnesota isn't the result of tanking - he was a present LeBron made them...

PotAto / Potahto

So you give away Love and tank for a top pick and that qualifies as tanking but trading Love directly for a top pick doesn't?  

6 hours ago, AHF said:

PotAto / Potahto

So you give away Love and tank for a top pick and that qualifies as tanking but trading Love directly for a top pick doesn't?  

Giving away your best player for tanking nets you MAYBE a top pick (since you can't know how much other teams will tank and there is a still a lottery).  Who knows exactly who will available at draft night years before (tanking seams not to pan out immediately)?

But Minnesota knew exactly what to get for their best player because a King in win-now-mode had a future superstar to give.

If you want to take that for your role model: gold luck, it will never happen this way again...

• Premium Member

Tanking is stupid. Danny Ferry has proved that. It is possible to win without losing (we did it last year). And for the ones who think the ECF wasn't enough... well, suck it up. It was the best Atlanta Hawks season ever.

Getting rid of Ferry was stupid. But it isn't enough for us to want to throw multiple future seasons away. Not IMHO anyway.

Bud needs to come up with a different offensive plan. Hawks is not a surprise anymore, and it's good. If he can't, oh well, then he probably is a one-trick pony and the FO should take care of it.

Part of me is hoping that we're all being suckered in.

The Hawks basically "shot their wad" the first half of last season and they fizzled out. So, part of me is hoping that Bud and the guys are looking to do the reverse this year. You know, lull the league into thinking the Hawks are down and then BAM.

I know... I know... That isn't likely. But it would be funny if it happened.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The Hawks basically "shot their wad" the first half of last season and they fizzled out. So, part of me is hoping that Bud and the guys are looking to do the reverse this year. You know, lull the league into thinking the Hawks are down and then BAM.

I see where you are going, hoping they are playing their best ball going into the playoffs when it matters most.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I'd like to believe that too but i'd think if that was the case then all these young guys getting DNPs would be seeing time

On December 15, 2015 at 8:55:13 AM, macdaddy said:

You think the Hawks suck so how's that an accomplishment?  and why is it better than the ECF?

Did I say it was better than being completely owned in the ECF?