• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the most surprising thing about these Atlanta Hawks so far??

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have 2:

1. The dominating play of Paul Millsap.
  2. The way that Kent Bazemore has progressed.

A lot of time when you pay guys top tier money, they slack off.  Millsap didn't.  I think he just may be back in the allstar game.

Bazemore wasn't much of a thought this whole offseason.  However, he's our 4th scorer, our 2nd most efficient shooter, and he's our best three point shooter by percent.  If I would have told some of you that coming into the season, you would have laughed.  Plus, he plays good defense.

• Like 1

I figured Al would play like a PF/C and Kyle would continue to make shooting 50% from three look easy.  I was wrong on both fronts but at least I see the reasoning for both.  

Not as surprised at Dennis not making  a considerable leap: he has no savvy PG mentor.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Splitter having little impact

Thabo looking like the 2nd best player on the team a few months after breaking his leg

Bud with no answers and no trust in any player he acquired this summer except of course Splitter who doesn't deserve it

Hawks "fans" coming out of the wood works to say "i told ya so" so quickly

Sap being a beast and still not getting the ball enough

Missing Pero way more than i expected

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 12/16/2015, 1:45:39, AUhawksfan said:

For negatives I agree with @Gray Mule about the lack of urgency.  The other negative is how bad the 3 point shot has hurt Al and his overall play in general.

I can't say that is really it, though.  My biggest disappointment with him is his unwillingness to bang and get after rebounds on the defensive end.  Hanging out on the perimeter should help his defensive rebounding (because he is in better position to get back quickly on D) if it has any impact.  The 3 point shot is not an excuse for the lack of intensity.

16 hours ago, AHF said:

I can't say that is really it, though.  My biggest disappointment with him is his unwillingness to bang and get after rebounds on the defensive end.  Hanging out on the perimeter should help his defensive rebounding (because he is in better position to get back quickly on D) if it has any impact.  The 3 point shot is not an excuse for the lack of intensity.

I don't know, he showed a willingness to get to the basket tonight and it showed.