• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's Time to start Streaking and build some cushion!

JTB

With the heat loss against the Pistons. The Heat are looking extremely vulnerable against east teams as they are 8-10 against the east.

......Time to start streaking !

The pacers falling 4-6 over their last 10 along with George starting to hit back down to earth with his offense performances not being as stellar as they were.

......Time to start streaking!

Raptors have picked it up and they are currently 2nd in the east as of right now but trust me we have their number! Just have to finish the game next time around, in other words they aren't a strong 2 seed.

......Time to start streaking!

Pistons have a chance to get back into the top 3 but they have also slowed down considerably since the last time we faced them.

Bulls offense is absolutely pathetic! this team hasn't been the same for 2 years going on 3! Their defense has been overrated up until now and they honestly aren't as tough as media like to make them out to be. There are several east teams better (at least 5) in my opinion.

.....Time to start streaking!

Orlando is too young to really threaten us or any other team but I give this young team props but still for us...

Charlotte is tough and they play with a chip on their shoulder but with two early wins on them we won't have but a game or two left against them and honestly they aren't that scary with the way they suddenly love to chunk 3s

....Time to start streaking!

Boston is another good young team but again we are better than these young teams and we either play Boston one last time or not at all. 

NOW everybody don't get naked at once! Lol....no seriously the East is so insanely close that I believe that the first team that goes on a 10 game win streak will get good cushion to stay the number 2 seed for a while instead of all this crazy flip flopping that's taking place so far!

SO HERES TO THE HAWKS GETTING THIS 4 GAME WIN STREAK TO 10 GAMES!

ITS NEEDED....and has a good chance to lock us into the number 2 seed for a good amount of months. These games are must win. Time to separate from the other east teams so the journey won't be so tough towards the end of the season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

It will be hard to catch up to the Cavs but #2 is well within reach. I'd still like to see the Hawks get into the kind of rhythm they had last season around this time. They've played 'ok", but their play during the 19 game win streak was GSW like. That was some of the best basketball I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of basketball. The offensive execution was flawless and the defense was stifling. I haven't seen that this season, at least not yet.

• Like 1

Leeeeeeeet's dooo iiiiitttttt!!!!!!!

Segal Naked Dancing

@JTB is dead-on w.r.t. the strength(sic) of these Eastern powers.  MIA has had 18 home games and only 9 road games!  Their decent record is a total illusion.

CHI has been winning in spite of themselves.  They're like that drunk guy who walks blindly onto the freeway but doesn't get hit.  Yeah, you made it to the other side but don't act like it wasn't total dumb luck.

Also, I'm still paging that Zard squad that was supposed to catapult over us this season.  Beal?  NaeNae?  MVP-Wall?  Where y'all at?

DET is hanging tough and I give them credit.  Still can't see them keeping it up.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Leeeeeeeet's dooo iiiiitttttt!!!!!!!

Segal Naked Dancing

@JTB is dead-on w.r.t. the strength(sic) of these Eastern powers.  MIA has had 18 home games and only 9 road games!  Their decent record is a total illusion.

CHI has been winning in spite of themselves.  They're like that drunk guy who walks blindly onto the freeway but doesn't get hit.  Yeah, you made it to the other side but don't act like it wasn't total dumb luck.

Also, I'm still paging that Zard squad that was supposed to catapult over us this season.  Beal?  NaeNae?  MVP-Wall?  Where y'all at?

DET is hanging tough and I give them credit.  Still can't see them keeping it up.

I "liked" your post for the gif...don't get a big head over it. Lol

• Moderators

I know we're not our football-cousin Falcons, but that's my one warning (for the players, not the fans).

The Dirty Birds feasted on the NFC East and had everybody looking down, literally, at the upcoming schedule: The Niners! The Luckless Colts! The Bucs twice! Brandon Browner and the Aints!

At least they squeaked past the Titans and Jags, barely. But as long as Matt and Julio looked upright, we were certainly looking at 11-5 as the floor. I do worry the Falcons players and staff looked ahead and went Prevent Defense on the schedule, without thinking about ways to improve on the field. Now, not even Falcons fans want to see them back into the playoffs, given how poorly they've played in the past two months.

Us fans are free to look ahead, but I'd rather the Hawks themselves focus more on improving the quality of their play at both ends, and keying in on one opponent at a time, than getting big winning streaks and keeping them going. Hopefully, that's exactly what they're doing.

~lw3

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I know we're not our football-cousin Falcons, but that's my one warning (for the players, not the fans).

The Dirty Birds feasted on the NFC East and had everybody looking down, literally, at the upcoming schedule: The Niners! The Luckless Colts! The Bucs twice! Brandon Browner and the Aints!

At least they squeaked past the Titans and Jags, barely. But as long as Matt and Julio looked upright, we were certainly looking at 11-5 as the floor. I do worry the Falcons players and staff looked ahead and went Prevent Defense on the schedule, without thinking about ways to improve on the field. Now, not even Falcons fans want to see them back into the playoffs, given how poorly they've played in the past two months.

Us fans are free to look ahead, but I'd rather the Hawks themselves focus more on improving the quality of their play at both ends, and keying in on one opponent at a time, than getting big winning streaks and keeping them going. Hopefully, that's exactly what they're doing.

~lw3

Well said, I agree. I love winning streaks, but keeping our eyes on the big prize is the most important part. Build chemistry, shore up weaknesses, remain or get healthy and let's make a long playoff run that ends in a championship. It's all I've ever wanted and it would be great to get it on my 30th anniversary as a Hawks fan. 

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, kg01 said:

like whatever

@lethalweapon3 I don't think we have to worry about the FalconFunk.  That crap seems to be specific to Flowery Branch.

Yeah, Matt Ryan is the engine for that team and he can get complacent at times.  Thankfully the Hawks play good team ball so we can fill gaps when someone's having an off night.

Millsap has that fire this season too so I'm sure he'll help keep us from looking ahead.

26 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

2960772_o.gif

I was gonna post that one but thought it might be deleted cuz it wasn't appropriate lol...top 10 movie ever...lol...by the way...does my Will Ferrell gif on this thread earlier visible?

33 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

2960772_o.gif

Welp, I did not wake up this morning thinking I'd see a pasty white man's butt so .... there's that.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I was gonna post that one but thought it might be deleted cuz it wasn't appropriate lol...top 10 movie ever...lol...by the way...does my Will Ferrell gif on this thread earlier visible?

Is this english?  (hehe).

No, it's not visible btw.  Funny, after seeing hawksfanatic's post, the only thing I was happy about was that it was not visible.  (lol)

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I clicked on this thread just to see your post knowing you can't help yourself yet I was treated to a lame ass gif box.

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I clicked on this thread just to see your post knowing you can't help yourself yet I was treated to a lame ass gif box.

It was supposed to be Will Ferrell in old school saying...WERE STREAKINNNNGGGGG...(before @hawksfanatic posted his)...

not it sure why mine didn't work...hmmm

13 hours ago, JTB said:

With the heat loss against the Pistons. The Heat are looking extremely vulnerable against east teams as they are 8-10 against the east.

......Time to start streaking !

The pacers falling 4-6 over their last 10 along with George starting to hit back down to earth with his offense performances not being as stellar as they were.

......Time to start streaking!

Raptors have picked it up and they are currently 2nd in the east as of right now but trust me we have their number! Just have to finish the game next time around, in other words they aren't a strong 2 seed.

Pistons have a chance to get back into the top 3 but they have also slowed down considerably since the last time we faced them.

Bulls offense is absolutely pathetic! this team hasn't been the same for 2 years going on 3! Their defense has been overrated up until now and they honestly aren't as tough as media like to make them out to be. There are several east teams better (at least 5) in my opinion.

Orlando is too young to really threaten us or any other team but I give this young team props but still for us...

Charlotte is tough and they play with a chip on their shoulder but with two early wins on them we won't have but a game or two left against them and honestly they aren't that scary with the way they suddenly love to chunk 3s

....Time to start streaking!

Boston is another good young team but again we are better than these young teams and we either play Boston one last time or not at all. 

NOW everybody don't get naked at once! Lol....no seriously the East is so insanely close that I believe that the first team that goes on a 10 game win streak will get good cushion to stay the number 2 seed for a while instead of all this crazy flip flopping that's taking place so far!

SO HERES TO THE HAWKS GETTING THIS 4 GAME WIN STREAK TO 10 GAMES!

ITS NEEDED....and has a good chance to lock us into the number 2 seed for a good amount of months. These games are must win. Time to separate from the other east teams so the journey won't be so tough towards the end of the season.

If they can beat INDY and HOU, they should have the second seed on lock. I'm hoping to go see them when they play CHA in CHA again.

• 2 weeks later...