• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is the Hawks Biggest Priority?

Diesel

What is the Hawks biggest priority?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The rebounding issue is huge, but the Hawks have shown they can win games while losing you rebounding battle.  The biggest problem is being a jump shooting team that cannot shoot the basketball.  This team needs to add a shooter first and foremost.

• Like 2

Whatever Pop is doing that's where we need to be headed.  He's somehow cut down on his team's three point attempts while increasing their efficiency, gone even bigger while the NBA is still perplexed by GS's small lineup, and decreased his team's possessions and pace with more emphasis on getting into the offense very early in the clock.  He's going 1990's old-school. 

I'm guessing Sap is available for a mid-20 year old, starting-level True Center + filler.  Jeff's probably on the table for a young 2-way wing with controversial potential and projections.  I don't believe Al is available, every staff he's been under values his 4/5 "ability" way too much.

We need a starting-level 7 foot banger.  That's all.  We did SA a favor taking Splitter off their hands, maybe they'll give us Boban Marjonovic for a second rounder.  He's off to a better start in his career than the young 7 footer we have glued to the bench.  At some point seeing what THJr and Edy can do in an actual NBA game has to be a priority too right?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Whatever Pop is doing that's where we need to be headed.  He's somehow cut down on his team's three point attempts while increasing their efficiency, gone even bigger while the NBA is still perplexed by GS's small lineup, and decreased his team's possessions and pace with more emphasis on getting into the offense very early in the clock.  He's going 1990's old-school. 

I'm guessing Sap is available for a mid-20 year old, starting-level True Center + filler.  Jeff's probably on the table for a young 2-way wing with controversial potential and projections.  I don't believe Al is available, every staff he's been under values his 4/5 "ability" way too much.

We need a starting-level 7 foot banger.  That's all.  We did them a favor taking Splitter off their hands, maybe they'll give us Boban Marjonovic for a second rounder.

Boban was on the Hawks 2013 Summer League team.

I can say it until I'm blue in the face but the very obvious continues to be ignored. Korver is not an NBA level player right now, yet he continues to be foolishly started. A big SF should be acquired, but it really should be to replace Korver. Could ride with Teague/Bazemore/big SF/Millsap/Horford and it'd work out a little better as with the way things look, I wouldn't be surprised if Korver costs ATL at least 3 more games.

Ah who am I kidding. Stuck in this situation until next season at least, where perhaps if Korver does not regain even his pre Atlanta form, they wake up and revamp the offensive scheme.

Here's what a looking long term preference would be:

1. Choose between Horford and Millsap and play them at PF.

2. Edy Tavares pans out and can play 25 mins per game as a starter, for the rest of the time other than that, go small. (or acquire a big like Whiteside)

3. Teague is traded for talent (Grayson Allen at the draft next season?) and Schröder finds a working jump shot to fulfill his potential.

But short term, the only thing that should be done at all is to fix the Korver situation and ehhhh not likely to happen as they are too stubborn.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Alex said:

The rebounding issue is huge, but the Hawks have shown they can win games while losing you rebounding battle.  The biggest problem is being a jump shooting team that cannot shoot the basketball.  This team needs to add a shooter first and foremost.

In that line of thinking.  IF we had a guy like  O. Casspi, J. Dudley, or JJ Reddick. ... Then that would be that...

If not them then some needle mover like Bradley Beal, K. Durant, or K. Leonard? (Those are dreams).

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

We need a starting-level 7 foot banger.  That's all.  We did SA a favor taking Splitter off their hands, maybe they'll give us Boban Marjonovic for a second rounder.  He's off to a better start in his career than the young 7 footer we have glued to the bench.  At some point seeing what THJr and Edy can do in an actual NBA game has to be a priority too right?

If Millsap is more available than Horford, then the Hawks are doing it wrong.  Way wrong.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

A combo forward -- i.e., one who can defend well enough to spell Thabo on the wing instead of relying on Bazemore... and who is physically built in a way that he's also competent to defend in the post.

I've got one in-mind that would only require us to make a roster slot available, but then, admittedly there's reason for strong suspicion that he's just not healthy enough to return to action.... might even retire.... but also possible that he's healthy and laying low until later in the season to ensure that he has a better shot at playing in the post-season.

(Reminds me... whatever happened to the Trade Talk forum?)

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

A combo forward -- i.e., one who can defend well enough to spell Thabo on the wing instead of relying on Bazemore... and who is physically built in a way that he's also competent to defend in the post.

I've got one in-mind that would only require us to make a roster slot available, but then, admittedly there's reason for strong suspicion that he's just not healthy enough to return to action.... might even retire.... but also possible that he's healthy and laying low until later in the season to ensure that he has a better shot at playing in the post-season.

(Reminds me... whatever happened to the Trade Talk forum?)

http://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/12-nba-trade-ideas/

@sturt