• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr. had the game of his life last night

ATLHawks3

For the Austin Toros.

His Stat-Line: 30 points (on 11-17 shooting and 6-11 from deep) 3 rebounds 3  assists 3 steals and 1 turnover in 25 minutes of play OFF THE BENCH.

Here's the full game if you wanted to see him in action.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Just finished watching the whole thing. He got half of them in a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter. For the most part, he was/is who we thought he was/is in this game. Got those steals on errant passes as I recall, which is good but not great; when you take into account he seemed to lose some of his defensive intensity as the game wore on, and got lost a couple of times allowing his man to score... he still merits some optimism, but I hope he stays in Austin for awhile to get some extensive minutes and prove he's turning a corner on his D.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Just finished watching the whole thing. He got half of them in a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter. For the most part, he was/is who we thought he was/is in this game. Got those steals on errant passes as I recall, which is good but not great; when you take into account he seemed to lose some of his defensive intensity as the game wore on, and got lost a couple of times allowing his man to score... he still merits some optimism, but I hope he stays in Austin for awhile to get some extensive minutes and prove he's turning a corner on his D.

Yea, I'm okay with him improving in the d-league. I'd imagine that the Hawks staff review his play and provide feedback on a regular basis. You know, player development and all that.

19 hours ago, Alex said:

I have had great games in rec league basketball too.  

So y'all were running the Spurs system? Against the Warriors system? In front of thousands of fans? Had a lotta 7-footers and future/former NBA players did ya? Oh it's the same thing then. Cool...

• Moderators

@Alex wasn't claiming to be at a semipro level.  He was pointing out that these were stats in semipro competition where a lot of guys have a few big games that can't cut it in the NBA.  He is basically saying "show me where it counts."  So take shots at that but don't mistake his point as him trying to chest beat about being at a semipro level because you are missing his point if you do that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Alex wasn't claiming to be at a semipro level.  He was pointing out that these were stats in semipro competition where a lot of guys have a few big games that can't cut it in the NBA.  He is basically saying "show me where it counts."  So take shots at that but don't mistake his point as him trying to chest beat about being at a semipro level because you are missing his point if you do that.

We know what Alex is doing.

He hates the Michigan man, plain and simple.

• Moderators

I am hoping that this bodes for a turnaround for him.  He just can't keep shooting as badly as he has done this year.  That said, the thought has crossed my mind that how can a 3rd year NBA player have the 'game of his life' beating up on d-leaguers.  So removing the Mich hate, I see where he is coming from.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am hoping that this bodes for a turnaround for him.  He just can't keep shooting as badly as he has done this year.  That said, the thought has crossed my mind that how can a 3rd year NBA player have the 'game of his life' beating up on d-leaguers.  So removing the Mich hate, I see where he is coming from.

The game of his life is really over blown.  But much was made of his horrible shooting in his first DLeague assignment, so any improvement is a good thing.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The game of his life is really over blown.  But much was made of his horrible shooting in his first DLeague assignment, so any improvement is a good thing.

Hardaway may or may not work for us but my fear with Bud is that he'll bring guys in who don't have a conscious and try to make them have one.    You've got to use those guys the way they are and sit them when their killing you.   As much as I disliked Woody as a coach, he did that really well with Jamal.    Hardaway is never going to be the pass first, D guy like Patterson but why would we want that?