• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cleveland is trying to win a championship. Atlanta is not...

Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
On 1/23/2016 at 10:40 AM, Hawkmoor said:

And THATS why Cleveland swept the Hawks in the playoffs last season.  Cleveland made moves last season to acquire Shumpert and Smith, to overcome the Hawks. They knew they needed perimeter shooting and perimeter defense to do that. Yes, the Hawks FORCED Cleveland to address them. 

This season, after getting mauled by San Antonio and Golden State, Cleveland fires their head coach and has Mosgov and Love on the trading blocks.    The Hawks get mauled by San Antonio TWICE, and they are doing NOTHING.   Again, you can spread the floor all day long, but if you are not a great shooting team like Golden State, you BETTER be able to rebound, which the Hawks obviously are lacking at.   Cleveland might not beat Golden State in a rematch, but at LEAST they tried to improve their team......

Teams have addressed THEIR shortcomings and made moves to counter what WAS a great Hawks team early last year. Toronto did it. New York did it. The Hawks scared the hell out of the Eastern Conference last year. I hate the fact that THEY will not counter anybody. Another wasted season gonna go down the drain with this bunch.

I heard Cleveland's general manager say its about championships with them. Again, i have YET to hear ANYBODY out of Hawks ownership or front office say anything about winning chips. If they have, they not showing it.

I see what your saying,but it's your view. Cavs are under more pressure than the Hawks to win due to Lames. We have a system in place. The Hawks just can't trade for anyone a SEE if they fit midway into the season. How many times have the Spurs made mid season moves? How many times have the Hawks made midseason moves with Bud at the helm?.....none. So I don't think the Hawks are not trying to win a championship, I just think there's not the right players and time to grasp the system in time to be effective to make the trade worth it. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

I see what your saying,but it's your view. Cavs are under more pressure than the Hawks to win due to Lames. We have a system in place. The Hawks just can't trade for anyone a SEE if they fit midway into the season. How many times have the Spurs made mid season moves? How many times have the Hawks made midseason moves with Bud at the helm?.....none. So I don't think the Hawks are not trying to win a championship, I just think there's not the right players and time to grasp the system in time to be effective to make the trade worth it. 

The Hawks shouldn't make a move for the sake of making a move.  But they also shouldn't pass on adding talent now because they're counting on this season.  They likely aren't beating Cleveland as is and they need to realize that.

12 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The Hawks shouldn't make a move for the sake of making a move.  But they also shouldn't pass on adding talent now because they're counting on this season.  They likely aren't beating Cleveland as is and they need to realize that.

I agree on the first and I also agree on adding talent.  So far I haven't seen a trade proposal that makes this team significantly BETTER all I'm seeing is shuffling the pieces on the same board.

I read this somewhere:

If you can't trade a player for what you need. You don't trade him for what you can get. (Or something like that). Perfect example is Josh Smith.

Sometimes the best trade is no trade.

35 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

It starts with OWNERSHIP.  This is a BUSINESS.  People wanna hang on to the sports "fantasy" that is pro sports. I know because i myself did at one time. This is PURELY business. The ONLY way the Hawks will ever win a championship is if the season ticket holders hold the OWNERSHIP accountable. Again, the Hawks been in Atlanta since 1970.  WHEN are people gonna wake up to whats going on?  

The new Hawks ownership could care less about championships. Bud is the PERFECT coach for what they gonna do.  They gonna hold steady, keep winning in the regular season. Might TEASE in the playoffs here and there, and sit back and increase the value of the Hawks and flip the Hawks down the road. I know people dont like to hear that, but the proof is in what the Hawks have always done, and will continue to do. Mike Gearon and Atlanta spirit did the SAME thing.  They flipped the Hawks and made out big time. Wait till you see what Grant Hill gets when he flips them.

Whats BEAUTIFUL to Hawks ownership is the fact THEY dont have to make excuses for the Hawks, the FANS DO......lmao

a sampling:

1. salary cap

2. gotta resign their own free agents

3. player is not the right fit

4. free agents dont wanna come to Atlanta

5. etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile, teams like Dallas, San Antonio, Cleveland, Los Angeles Clippers, etc. just RELOAD their talent year after year. They TRY to win championships.

Edited by Hawkmoor

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree on the first and I also agree on adding talent.  So far I haven't seen a trade proposal that makes this team significantly BETTER all I'm seeing is shuffling the pieces on the same board.

I read this somewhere:

If you can't trade a player for what you need. You don't trade him for what you can get. (Or something like that). Perfect example is Josh Smith.

Sometimes the best trade is no trade.

I don't know.  The next hair-brained trade I'm getting behind is Sap n' stuff for Blake.  C'mon, maybe if I say it enough it'll start to sound more likely?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Meanwhile, teams like Dallas, San Antonio, Cleveland, Los Angeles Clippers, etc. just RELOAD their talent year after year. They TRY to win championships.

Dallas - missed the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years.  Haven't made it out of the first round in 5 years.

LAC - Have made the playoffs 8 times in 21 years and have never made the conference finals.  

Cleveland - Have made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.

RELOAD

inigo-montoya-what-you-think-it-means-me

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Dallas - missed the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years.  Haven't made it out of the first round in 5 years.

LAC - Have made the playoffs 8 times in 21 years and have never made the conference finals.  

Cleveland - Have made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.

RELOAD

inigo-montoya-what-you-think-it-means-me

Hilarious!

I'm scared of saying Reload around here too loudly and have Josh, Marv, or Joe back on the team.  

• Like 1

Lil Lue does have Cleveland looking pretty damn good right now.  Or it may just be coincidental with Kyrie being back in 100% game shape, in which case he's impossible to stay in front of.  Even Love is one of the guys now, doing special handshakes and sh$t.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2016 at 3:58 PM, Hawkmoor said:

lmao. man, the Hawks can change that, but are they TRYING.......... its ALWAYS a excuse made for that club. ALWAYS.  You think athletes like playing in Portland? Oakland?  Heck, out in the desert of Oklahoma City? Man, the Hawks aint trying and folks get upset with that truth.  The Hawks are OK with what they do. Ive seen this program over and over since the Hubie Brown days.

Watch, Cleveland is gonna reload. The Warriors will improve their squad. Somehow, they gonna FIND a way to spend money, but the Hawks, its ALWAYS a excuse. ALWAYS, LMAO. You can ALWAYS find a reason to fail, and thats the Hawks. FIND a way to get it done.........

There's dumb statements, and then there's this. It somehow exists on a sub-atomic level. It defies the laws of physics.

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Lil Lue does have Cleveland looking pretty damn good right now.  Or it may just be coincidental with Kyrie being back in 100% game shape, in which case he's impossible to stay in front of.  Even Love is one of the guys now, doing special handshakes and sh$t.

lol. true that.  Cleveland looking like a handful now.

IF the Hawks trade teague to Boston and bring back Kelly or Crowder, then they will be TRYING  to do something. They KNOW Cleveland is way ahead of them right now. Stay tuned on that front.

Edited by Hawkmoor

Maybe the Hawks aren't trying to mortgage the future with short sighted decisions like the Cavs have made every year Lebron has been there. Maybe we realize we can have a boatload of cap space to build the roster the way Bud wants and they don't want to screw that up. Nothing we do this year will make this a championship team so why not hold course make minor tweaks and then wait for our real opportunity to improve the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Maybe the Hawks aren't trying to mortgage the future with short sighted decisions like the Cavs have made every year Lebron has been there. Maybe we realize we can have a boatload of cap space to build the roster the way Bud wants and they don't want to screw that up. Nothing we do this year will make this a championship team so why not hold course make minor tweaks and then wait for our real opportunity to improve the team.

1970..........Hawks been building to the future since 1970.............

1970-hawks.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

27 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

1970..........Hawks been building to the future since 1970.............

1970-hawks.jpg

Ahh thanks for clearing that up