• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Trade is NOT immenent.

Diesel

Let's be real, Atlanta is in a worse situation with Carroll and not Millsap in the hypothetical that Carroll doesn't stay healthy. It would mean that Atlanta is starting this lineup which is LOL bad and a poor defender in Scott is playing 25-28 minutes:

Splitter/Horford/Bazemore/Korver/Teague

On 1/31/2016 at 1:51 PM, Lurker said:

If Atlanta has Carroll and not Millsap right now, they are 17-31 right now. Prove me wrong.

Prove you wrong? It's a hypothetical...it can't be proven to be anything but a thought.

• Like 2

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Prove you wrong? It's a hypothetical...it can't be proven to be anything but a thought.

If Atlanta drafts me, we go 82-0.  Prove me wrong. :doh:

Agreed.

• Like 3

All this pining for DMC and the dude's been out and is still out indefinitely.   At this point he may not play 40 games this season.  IF the Hawks had spent that kind of dough we'd all be screaming that we got screwed.  

Ah but would he have gotten hurt if he had re-signed with us??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

If Atlanta drafts me, we go 82-0.  Prove me wrong. :doh:

Agreed.

If you were that good then Kentucky would have bought you to play for them...

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't know how healthy he's been for a long time and that's the hard thing," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. "Since training camp, kind of early in the year, his foot problems, knee [problems], he's had some issues."

The team has not officially put a timeline on Carroll's return, but he said he's ahead of schedule. He added that he "was playing with a lot of inflammation in my knee for a long period of time and [the doctor] was kind of surprised I hadn't done it sooner."

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't know how healthy he's been for a long time and that's the hard thing," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. "Since training camp, kind of early in the year, his foot problems, knee [problems], he's had some issues."

The team has not officially put a timeline on Carroll's return, but he said he's ahead of schedule. He added that he "was playing with a lot of inflammation in my knee for a long period of time and [the doctor] was kind of surprised I hadn't done it sooner."

Didn't realize it was a pre-existing thing. I am skeptical cal that he really had any type of long term injury with us though... At least up until the point in the playoffs were his knee got injured and he somehow came back from that to play. Can't say the kid didn't give us everything he had. It's just unfortunate that he didn't wait 1 more year to become the player he became so that we could have afforded both he and Sap.

Injuries aside:

If we had DMC in lieu of Sap we'd be worse off.

If we had DMC AND SAP we'd be better off.

Would DMC be injured here? Maybe, maybe not - I think Bud would have rested him more than Toronto did.  Even injured he was playing a ton of minutes for Toronto, I would like to think Bud would have been smarter with his minutes.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Injuries aside:

If we had DMC in lieu of Sap we'd be worse off.

If we had DMC AND SAP we'd be better off.

Would DMC be injured here? Maybe, maybe not - I think Bud would have rested him more than Toronto did.  Even injured he was playing a ton of minutes for Toronto, I would like to think Bud would have been smarter with his minutes.

Demarre isn't injured because he played 37 minutes a game for three weeks, his injuries are due to the wear and tear of several seasons, so assuming he would be the same DMC with us this year as last year is a bit of a stretch IMO. Regardless, even if we did have the DMC of last season he does not add more than 2-3 wins at the very, very most to this squad. Baze has not been a huge downgrade from what DMC did most of last season. We are basically the same or better in every statistical category this year as last season in everything except in 3pt shooting, and Baze has been our best shooter this year. The problem is with Korver, Millsap, Schro and Thabo are ALL shooting worse than last year from three. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

The difference isn't the switch between Bazemore and DMC.  If DMC was here, Thabo would be his backup, while Bazemore would be Kyle's backup. We would have a deeper bench with more experience. It's the cumulative effect of the rotations.

If Bazemore was Kyle's backup, maybe Bud wouldn't have to play KK as many minutes since Baze would be capable.