• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't want to deal with Morey or Riley. I don't want to deal our players within division or conference. To me, if we end up dealing, I'm hoping its with Minny or Denver or somebody. Maybe the Bucks(yes I know they are same conference but they have a couple good players in Parker and Giannis). Oh, throw Danny Ainge in the Riley and Morey boat.

Morey is not bad at raping as Ainge is. Of course, Ferry was also pretty bad at raping teams. 

It would be dumb of the Hawks to hand the Heat Horford and Teague just to get Howard to come here. 

Blake is interesting to me, because we go and get a superstar to re-build the team around. We fall back on this season, get a better draft pick, and develop Schröder.

Magic/Bucks/Nuggets are the teams I want to trade with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You know something. I HAD a post saying exactly that, but deleted it because i know folks dont wanna hear that. You are correct. Houston has shooters, but they DONT space the floor. Harden is a ball hog on that team.  You space the floor and MAKE teams have to defend you inside and out. You are correct. Thats EXACTLY how he took Orlando to the finals. He would neutralize the advantage Cleveland has. If you run out to defend Korver, etc. Howard is hanging around the paint for the easy layup.  Teams would then DOUBLE team him, leaving room for Sap to cut behind Howard or the kick out to the wing. All these are options the Hawks dont have with Horford.  We both know Howard can still block shots and rebound.  In fact, if Atlanta couldve traded Horford STRAIGHT up for Howard last year, that Eastern Conference Finals wouldnt have went down the way it did.

Agreed. But I don't believe Howard was ever fast....he beat his opponents with all out power and athleticism right there underneath the goal. He was never a good offensive  player in the post ...he just does a good job hanging around there and positioning himself...just a really powerful dude and he can still do that to most of his opponents except Drummond and Jordan probably. I just think Howard can still bully his way around the goal but with less dunks today....now can he drop that 20 a game ? It really depends but most nights no. Then again we are a team based offense so he don't need to be special we have Sap to give us that variety of scoring.

as far as defense he's still that guy around the goal. People don't need to let Houston fool them that's a terrible defensive team compared to the Hawks. Put Howard on this team and I believe we are top 5 and in rebounding we will probably be middle of the pack since we didn't have him for a whole year. I would love to see Sap, Korver get more second chance opportunities to get that basket. Right now it's "ok guys make sure you score cause all you have is this one possession to get the ball in the hoop" we give ourselves one shot to make a basket ! It's like do or die.

Hell horford is better than Tristian Thompson but Thompson rebounds better and gives his team a better chance to win because of it. Horford us better than Howard offensively...defensively being that horford is a lot smaller and not as powerful I would say Howard is a upgrade and rebounding wise there's no argument that Howard is better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

A move for Blake would signal Blake Griffin as our franchise player and our franchise building this team around him. This would more than likely make Teague, Millsap, Horford, Korver, Bazemore even more expendable than they already are.

Why move Sap this year or next when they can just add Howard to the frontline?  Signing Blake isnt the move, unless they got something else in the works we dont know about. I know YOU arent saying they gonna move Sap, but signing Blake would put that on the table.

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Agreed. But I don't believe Howard was ever fast....he beat his opponents with all out power and athleticism right there underneath the goal. He was never a good offensive  player in the post ...he just does a good job hanging around there and positioning himself...just a really powerful dude and he can still do that to most of his opponents except Drummond and Jordan probably. I just think Howard can still bully his way around the goal but with less dunks today....now can he drop that 20 a game ? It really depends but most nights no. Then again we are a team based offense so he don't need to be special we have Sap to give us that variety of scoring.

as far as defense he's still that guy around the goal. People don't need to let Houston fool them that's a terrible defensive team compared to the Hawks. Put Howard on this team and I believe we are top 5 and in rebounding we will probably be middle of the pack since we didn't have him for a whole year. I would love to see Sap, Korver get more second chance opportunities to get that basket. Right now it's "ok guys make sure you score cause all you have is this one possession to get the ball in the hoop" we give ourselves one shot to make a basket ! It's like do or die.

Hell horford is better than Tristian Thompson but Thompson rebounds better and gives his team a better chance to win because of it. Horford us better than Howard offensively...defensively being that horford is a lot smaller and not as powerful I would say Howard is a upgrade and rebounding wise there's no argument that Howard is better.

Exactly. You need THAT guy on the boards. You need TOUGHNESS on the boards. Heck, i wouldnt mind seeing Matt Barnes on this team. Theres a reason he STAYS in the NBA.  HE brings that toughness teams need.  Howard, like you said, aint gonna drop 20 a night, but the Hawks dont need that from him. Howard would neutralize Thompson and Mosgov.  On defense, the Cavs wouldnt have the ability to run out and defend the wing like they did in the playoffs last year.  Run out there if you want to. Howard would make them stay honest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

A move for Blake would signal Blake Griffin as our franchise player and our franchise building this team around him. This would more than likely make Teague, Millsap, Horford, Korver, Bazemore even more expendable than they already are.

Stars come play with other stars in this era of the NBA therefore we as Hawk fans should be thinking about attracting at least one BIG name to this city....how many more times are we going to try to build a franchise around level B talent?

i don't care how much someone loves these players it's a big mistake to continue this starless path. Bring a big name here, have them help us recruit and we can probably be sure contenders for a championship in a matter of a year .

Bud and staff do a good job finding blue collar players. We need a star that they can feed off of. We don't have to give away all of our all star talent to get that superstar name either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Stars come play with other stars in this era of the NBA therefore we as Hawk fans should be thinking about attracting at least one BIG name to this city....how many more times are we going to try to build a franchise around level B talent?

i don't care how much someone loves these players it's a big mistake to continue this starless path. Bring a big name here, have them help us recruit and we can probably be sure contenders for a championship in a matter of a year .

Bud and staff do a good job finding blue collar players. We need a star that they can feed off of. We don't have to give away all of our all star talent to get that superstar name either.

bingo.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Here is a hot rumor according to ESPN's Brian Doolittle:

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/14761176/new-york-knicks-top-trade-targets-assets-nba

Wow that's some good reporting!  I'm sure we are really all about Teague for Calderon.  With a sweetner like someone NY will cut in the offseason anyway (Galloway).  

elizabeth-banks-ok-gif.gif.pagespeed.ce.

You forgot to add the word garbage after hot.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly. You need THAT guy on the boards. You need TOUGHNESS on the boards. Heck, i wouldnt mind seeing Matt Barnes on this team. Theres a reason he STAYS in the NBA.  HE brings that toughness teams need.  Howard, like you said, aint gonna drop 20 a night, but the Hawks dont need that from him. Howard would neutralize Thompson and Mosgov.  On defense, the Cavs wouldnt have the ability to run out and defend the wing like they did in the playoffs last year.  Run out there if you want to. Howard would make them stay honest.

When we get eaten up again in the playoffs assuming we don't make a trade EVERYONE will realize this.

If horford was bigger I of course would be against any of this cause then he would more than likely grab more boards and be able to keep bigger centers from scoring on him BUT Hawks fans got to realize horford can't do anything about his playing weight, or his height, or his wing span. The guy is good but when you ask him to defend much bigger guys we will continue to lose.

We are asking Horford to box out mosgov people! Is mosgov better than horford ? Of course not but if mosgov can out muscle horford and he can which don't mean he's better...that's allowing mosgov to be a greater impact than horford. You know why? Because that offense rebound he grabs is giving his team mate lebron James who's the best player in the world a 2nd chance to score. 

Man there were plenty of times we stopped lebron in the ECF...he didn't have a great shooting percentage but if Mosgov and Tritian just have to play "Dennis Rodman role" for lebron and his other two stars we are always going to lose!...hell last year it was lebron alone. What's going to happen when that big 3 get second chance opportunities? You are talking blowouts like the magic did Atlanta some years back! We were getting our asses beat by 25 plus in all those games ...then no stats Collins big ass saved the day the next year! His size help bother Howard and others even though Howard was dropping 30 plus every game. Lol

point is we need a bigger center. It's not always about skills...it's about match ups and horford don't matchup well against players bigger than him no matter if he's more talented than them or not! Once we realize that then maybe we can win a damn ring around here.

By the way it's just the rebounds that hurt us it's really the fact that we miss shots too but my problem with that is that bud is asking our guys to be perfect and make every open shot and that's just not going to happen. We need to give our guys second chance opportunities or for it to atleast be an option...bud needs that guy he can say " hey we are in a offensive slump , let's focus on grabbing a few offensive boards so we don't pin ourselves in a deep hole...and have to make some drastic come back!"

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jody23 said:

I don't think Horford would be thrilled if the Hawks brought Dwight in.

Yeah, if they want to keep Al it will not send a great message to have a logjam upfront.

I don't believe that we will trade Sap, and bringing in Howard might cause Horford to look elsewhere. I mean, which one are you going to bench? Howard surely wouldn't want to go to the bench... You're not going to give Al the max and then bring him off the bench. Sap is the best all around player that is on the team and you're not benching him with that salary.

It's tough to see how it would work unless they want to get rid of Al.

i thought Horf wanted to play PF. ANYWAYYYY we are not losing all these games cuz of rebounding, its a product of our style, were losing cuz damn shots are not falling,  No team with a bigger center that can rebound are going to stop these hot shooting ball movement teams in the playoffs 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Howard isnt a star.  

To the media he is and to the NBA players. What Howard isn't, is Orlando Magic Howard but he can make the similar impact depending on what team he is on.

He can't carry a team but he sure as hell can be apart of a championship squad if he play his role...defense, rim protection, rebounding, easy put backs, get opponent in early foul trouble then sit his ass on the bench, grab offensive boards, kick out to the open 3pt man or cutting player, every once in a while be such a force down low draw double teams.

we have the talent to get Howard's name back on the map as a top 10 player. Except this time it's not going to come by fancy blocks and tons of dunks but by making impact playing a role he's very capable of.

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll don't realize, Dwight isn't just gonna be signed for this year. We gonna give him the max for the next 5 years. scust.png

He's on a steep decline. He's not Horford or Millsap where his game is fine wine. Why trade for someone that's going be Boston's Shaq in three seasons from now. 

I think Howard is about where JR Rider was when the Hawks got him... You know he still has talent, but he is becoming a head case and he is probably ever so slightly on the other side of the hill that he is looking straight down.

2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

i thought Horf wanted to play PF. ANYWAYYYY we are not losing all these games cuz of rebounding, its a product of our style, were losing cuz damn shots are not falling,  No team with a bigger center that can rebound are going to stop these hot shooting ball movement teams in the playoffs 

Yes but bud is asking his players to hit their every open shot! That's insane we don't have a bunch of currys so we need to go get a rebounder who can give us second chance opportunity.

We are not going to shoot lights out throughout the whole playoffs! Not going to happen. If horford or Sap could grab more offensive boards when we can't drop buckets a trade wouldn't be needed but they can't provide that and in the playoffs they aren't just going to pick that skill up out of no where against these bigger front courts.