• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I like to be a kind person but @monteg please try to spell better and make coherent sentences or else go back to Colubus.   :blink:

I like the way he talks,  It's like listening to the mordern day Pootie Tang
tumblr_mu3xlzAPiD1s983r8o1_400.gif
sine your pitty on the runny kine!

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

I'm glad it's not only me, I thought I was having a seizure reading those posts. 

27 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wut ef we cunther weeth Sheane Mak and a bag o dem bugles eyhe?

I can still actually understand that post unlike his, lol.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm glad it's not only me, I thought I was having a seizure reading those posts. 

I can still actually understand that post unlike his, lol.

He might actually be a distant(or not so distant) relative of Spencer Pratt's wife Heidi Monteg(tag whatever).....

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

What do you think about Gasol vs. Horford??

Cryptic talk from Bud tells me that we're going to do something....

"#Hawks coach Budenholzer on #NBATradeDeadline: "You never know what's gonna happen ... You wanna be ready for anything."

Gasol and Horford are basically the same player. The Hawks either need to move Al to power forward or get a bruiser to replace him.  Problem is, there are not that many NBA bruisers that would fit the bill.  Thats the ONLY thing i agree with posters on this forum about: Dont trade Horford just to trade him, UNLESS  you know you cant resign him, which doesnt appear to be the issue.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Since I missed several pages of discussion here is my quick summary opinion:

• Al is going to get a max deal if he goes to another team.  If he stays here, the max is higher than anyone can offer and one year longer so it is not a guarantee that he gets the max from us - it will be something higher than any other team can offer for sure if we bring him back.
  • Al is not getting a no trade clause.  It is pretty obvious that this team could go a lot of different directions and management will not agree to a no-trade clause.  
  • Whether we trade him is going to depend on the offers.  It is not a done deal.  Good enough offer and we'll pull the trigger but he's staying unless management thinks the deal is rich enough.

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

So much for that $20 million for Pau.  From Woj..

"The Chicago Bulls are aggressively shopping All-Star forward Pau Gasol, league sources told The Vertical.

Gasol, 35, can opt out of his contract this summer and become an unrestricted free agent, and Bulls general manager Gar Forman seems determined to move him before Thursday's trade deadline with the hope of bringing back value.

Gasol is expected to decline the player option on the $7.4 million owed him in 2016-17.

Gasol is averaging 17 points and 10.9 rebounds for the struggling Bulls."

Bulls are seeking a rotation player and a 1st round pick for Gasol.

Mike Scott and Minnesota Future 1st.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would do this trade yesterday!!!! 

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's always tough to compare Parker to Teague.  One has a top 5 player, Manu and Leonard and the other is expected to do a lot more with less. That being said, Parker has had a much better career.

Agreed, even as a spurs fan, for me its still tough to compare Tony Parker and Jeff Teague,  Both are great point guards, Tony Parker is fortunate to play with Coach Pop, Tim duncan, and Manu ginobili for so many years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Salaries don't quite match. Scott + Mack gets the salaries close enough to trade. I'd also prefer sending our own pick this year, I think the Wolves pick will be around #15-18 range in a couple of years and we hope to be better than that.

Just now, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Im not sure if Gasol trade would be worth it, he's become a really soft player, but he's still a very skilled big.

I'm just saying it's our time right now. We are in win now mode. I like Mike Scott but he's easily expendable and we all already know our drafting hasn't been the best. I'll easily rent Gasol for the stretch run. I'm all in...Gasol may be getting soft and old but he has a great 4 months left in him. Sap, Horford, Gasol, Teague, Korver and Dennis...id roll with that.

5 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Im not sure if Gasol trade would be worth it, he's become a really soft player, but he's still a very skilled big.

He can still give us more than Splitter.  

4 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Salaries don't quite match. Scott + Mack gets the salaries close enough to trade. I'd also prefer sending our own pick this year, I think the Wolves pick will be around #15-18 range in a couple of years and we hope to be better than that.

And if Bulls are looking for a salary dump, this is even better as both Scott and Mack have non guaranteed deals for next season.

Make it so.