Kris Humphries has committed to sign with the Hawks

GameTime

Good 3pt shooter AND great rebounder. Bud's dream. We shall see where/how this goes. Very intriguing prospect, Hawks have been missing this type of player for a loooong time...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Glad he clarified that going 70 for 85 happened in practice.  I was getting all pumped up for our newest addition's first 210 point game.  Now we'll have to wait until at least the weekend before he does that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Glad he clarified that going 70 for 85 happened in practice.  I was getting all pumped up for our newest addition's first 210 point game.  Now we'll have to wait until at least the weekend before he does that.

They don't call him the most analytical smartest basketball writer out there for nuthin!

Q and A with Kris Humphries

The Hawks signed forward Kris Humphries to a multi-year deal on Tuesday after he was bought out and waived by the Suns earlier in the week. He got a crash course in the Hawks’ system before Tuesday night’s game at the Warriors. Humphries was in uniform but did not play.

After the game, Humphries spoke with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution about several subjects including why he chose the Hawks, his expected role and why he added a 3-point shot to his game.

Q. What is your reaction to the events of the last 48 hours that landed you here with the Hawks?

A. It’s an opportunity to play on a playoff team. I’m excited about it.

Q. Is that what made the situation here the most attractive to you?

A. Yeah, the interest (from the Hawks) and this is a really good team.

Q. One of the things the Hawks said they liked was that you can now stretch the floor to the 3-point line. What when into adding that to your game?

A. Everyone is doing it right? You have to adjust your game. That is the way offenses are going. I decided to put it in.

Q. How much work goes into adding something like that to your game?

A. You definitely put a lot of time into it if you want to be good at something. Summer time, getting shots, tons and tons of 3’s up to get comfortable out there on the floor.

Q. Did you work with someone?

A. I’ve got guys in Minnesota. I worked with some of the guys in D.C. over the summer as well.

Q. I’m curious about picking up a new offense this late in the season. It’s a lot of read and react. How do you expect that to go?

A. You look at most of their principles. Boston has run a lot of the same kind of actions. A lot of this is more reads and moving the ball, screening away, getting a two-man game on one side, picks, pops, rolls, spreading the floor with the 4-man and the 5-man. It’s something I’ve been involved in so it should work out. I’ve played in this kind of system before.

Q. In this system, when they are running the floor, the 4 and the 5 are pretty much the same. Is that something you are comfortable with if you have to play some 5?

A. Yeah. I’ve played 5. I’ve played 4. I can guard both. I’m not really worried about that.

Q. And it was attractive to you to know you are here for more than a few games?

A. For sure. The fact that they wanted me here and made it work.

Q. How much did you know about the Hawks? Did you know anyone?

A. You know some guys. (Points to Mike Muscala). He’s actually from Minnesota. I’m from Minnesota. You know some guys. Basketball is basketball. I’ve played against some of these guys for a long time.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He sounds confident, I like that. I just hope Bud plays him and doesn't bury him on the bench like Edy. Kevin Martin next! It's between us and all the teams in Texas. I'm pretty sure he will go with the Spurs but who knows.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

He sounds confident, I like that. I just hope Bud plays him and doesn't bury him on the bench like Edy. Kevin Martin next! It's between us and all the teams in Texas. I'm pretty sure he will go with the Spurs but who knows.

Spurs will have to release a player to sign Martin - who will they release?

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Spurs will have to release a player to sign Martin - who will they release?

Boban?  Yeah, you don't need him Pop.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Exactly .... but, it's Rasoul (in case you really didn't know)

I didn't know. Thanks for that. But lest I screw it up, I'm content just to keep saying "Butler," and hope for the best. :)

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Age discrimination!!!!    Age discrimination!!!!

Only for the NBA still typically falls under that 40 year old line for protected status.

• Like 1