• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris Humphries has committed to sign with the Hawks

GameTime

15 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

Is this the same guy that got a big contract with the Nets and was dating a Kardashian?

He was married to Kim for 72 days. Kris sued her after the divorce and they settled out of court. The marriage is thought to have been a publicity stunt for the TV show except nobody let Kris in on the plan. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gsuteke said:

Is this the same guy that got a big contract with the Nets and was dating a Kardashian?

Yep.

He was a decent player until he met Kim. Never quite the same after.

10 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Sorry I'm just a little older lol.   I don't think he's really a dud, he's better the Varejo.  

Yup. Humphries is:

1) younger

2) less injury prone

3) better shooter

4) better rebounder

5) much better FT shooter

6) better shot blocker

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yep.  Kardashian involvement = career death (or worse).    Surprised Harden hasn't figured that out.  Too late for Odom.

Kanye circling the commode drain.

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

...He's the guy that will get under people's skin because he's always around the ball.  Moreover, he does have some offense skills.   He's got basketball smarts with limited physique.  He will be a coach one day so this was a smart pickup...

Good points, especially getting under people's skin.  We lost some of that with the loss of Zaza then Pero. 

What makes you think he's going into coaching, though?  That's a topic that fascinates me with current players.  I would guess all these guys would go immediately into a leadership role after playing:

Draymond
Steph
Jamal Crawford
Iggy 

Manu
Calderon
Garnett 
Jared Dudley
Tony Allen
Kyle
Captain Kirk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dejay said:

How can you laugh and nearly throw up at the same time? That's what I nearly did while thinking of Marvin taking the ball to the basket back in those days...

Marvin as a track "athlete" ...

Track and Fail

Marvin as Chuck Norris ...

you tried

Marvin as an elephant ...

Elephant Slip

Marvin as @AHF ...

High Five Fail

Oh wait, that is AHF.

• Moderators

On Humphries, I am glad to see us pick up someone who can rebound the ball for our bench.  The fact that he can shoot from the perimeter makes me more confident he will actually get playing time as well.  Interested to see what he brings.  Agree with the post earlier that he has a 'punchable face.'

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

See how I managed to avoid crushing that young woman?  Marvin wouldn't have had that kind of body control back in the day.

I can't argue with this at all.

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

Oh God. My head is hurting right now from laughing so hard. I need a BC powder...

You're welcome ...