Timmy with the start

jrok23

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

yea dude, I hear you. Bud turned Demarre into a 16 million dollar a year player, and people questioned his ability to groom Tim. An infinitely more skilled player. Boggled my mind why no one wanted to stay patient and put faith in the coach who has given the best basketball this city has seen in decades... but that's just me. Happy Bud is proving us believers right. 

Bodda-bingo...

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

THJr's line:

20:04 mins, 7-11/5-7/1-1, +11, 3 reb, 2 stl, 20 pts, ZERO turnovers, and more of that tenacious D. Tim, baller. Bud, wizard.

Let me just expound on that: 64% shooting, 71% from deep, 100% from the stripe, ZERO turnovers. EAF (efficient as fudge). I haven't looked it up, but when was the last time (and/or how often this season) has our SG had back-to-back 20pt/0to nights?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

You know what's the easiest/laziest thing in the world to be? A doubter, naysayer, critic. It takes very little thought, effort, faith. @Sothron and @AHF are determined to make being doubters as difficult as believers...

Do you need a shovel emoji to pile it up a bit thicker? :ahf:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

L. O. L. C'mon, man.

I guess I didn't realize that Denver and Houston were known for their defensive prowess.  Cool that he he at least showed up for a couple games.  He's had good flashes in the past, but has always regressed to his norm which is overall poor to below average at best.  This time isn't going to be different.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Do you need a shovel emoji to pile it up a bit thicker? :ahf:

Naaaa, I think I'm laying it on pretty thick without any assistance. And not referring to BS, talking about crow :beee:

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

I guess I didn't realize that Denver and Houston were known for their defensive prowess.  Cool that he he at least showed up for a couple games.  He's had good flashes in the past, but has always regressed to his norm which is overall poor to below average at best.  This time isn't going to be different.

Nope, no, uh uh, lemme stop ya right there. Here's what Baze did against the defensive juggernaut that is Houston:

2-5/0-2/0-0, -12, 2 reb, 4 fouls, 4 pts

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Bodda-bingo...

Props to player development. I'm curious to see if Atkinson stays in ATL past this season. I'm sure the Nets want him. Bud going to have to give this man a raise, a new position. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

He's had good flashes in the past, but has always regressed to his norm which is overall poor to below average at best.  This time isn't going to be different.

New York was basically a continuation of college basketball for him, but then again you take college basketball a lot more seriously than I do (I don’t, like at all. It’s fun to look at the stats but if it’s outside of the really serious basketball schools, a lot of it is playground ball compared to the NBA).

No, I’m serious. Southern college basketball is the main culprit to this, half of the games down south devolve to street ball by the second half.

Here's what I'm meaning: Hardaway Jr continued to take the bad shots he was allowed to take in college in the NBA in New York. He's not taking as many bad shots in Atlanta so far from what I've seen, actually been hesitant to shoot at times.

30 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Love what we're seeing from Tim lately.  I never lost faith either.  I tempered expectations maybe but I knew he would not be a wasted trade of the #19 pick

I see what what you did there, and I like it. Some like to mistakenly claim it was a lower pick :blink:

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I swear some of y'all actively root for the Hawks to fail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

I swear some of y'all actively root for the Hawks to fail.

I've coined them "The Miserable Ones"...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alex said:

If you can't recognize, based on his major defensive transformation alone, that this time is different then you're just not watching. Or trying. Or in denial...

1 hour ago, hazer said:

If you can't recognize, based on his major defensive transformation alone, that this time is different then you're just not watching. Or trying. Or in denial...

I don't see the Hawks play so I am not in a position to comment any further.  To just say he's turned a corner after two games is foolish though.

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don't see the Hawks play so I am not in a position to comment any further.  To just say he's turned a corner after two games is foolish though.

I don't know if he's turned a corner, all I know is his play has improved since he's gotten regular minutes and his non-existent defense now exists. Just ask Bud:

"He's doing it with a defensive mindset," Budenholzer added. "He's coming out and doing the stuff he's been doing all year since he got back into the rotation. There's confidence on his part. There's a confidence on our part that the offense would come. His focus is where it needs to be. His focus is on continuing to be great on the defensive end, and now I think he's a little more natural, a little more comfortable. Hopefully you're seeing that manifest itself now on the offensive end of the court."

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Ahhhhhhh, well that explains it. 'Cause when you see it, you'll know it...

• Like 1