• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Timmy with the start

jrok23

42 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Sometimes people are just bigger fans of their opinions than anything else.

You sir get a gold star...move to the head of the class.

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I don't see the Hawks play so I am not in a position to comment any further.  To just say he's turned a corner after two games is foolish though.

Pretty sure we all knew you don't watch the games.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he is legitimately improving on both ends of the floor.   His defense  has gone from terrible to solid most days and his shooting has  gone from abysmal in Nov/Jan to not good in February to scorching in March.  He is actually at a career high 42.9% after this stretch. He has also raised his PER this season up to 11.8 so he finally looks to be out of the single digits for good and near his mediocre career 12.3 PER.  

If he keeps up his recent play, he would actually make this trade worthwhile.  I don't buy him shooting this well all the time but he doesn't have to be this hot to be a useful member of the rotation.  That seems to be the question right now - emerging stud (March) or backup at best (Nov, Jan, Feb)?  Time will prove it out but he is definitely trending in the right direction.

Keep it up THJr! 

See, this is how you support a player you don't find all that great. Keep it classy AHF

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

See, this is how you support a player you don't find all that great. Keep it classy AHF

This would be one of those predictions that I'd love to eat my words on - both on him and on the trade.  Those get conflated but they are not the same issue (i.e., he can be a useful player who isn't worth the 15th pick).  He was worse than I expected for the first several months and March is above my expectations.  

I'd love it if he emerged as a real weapon for this team and we came into the playoffs ready to play our best ball.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

No real fan wants a player on their team to be bad. If a bad player improves then that is a great thing. The question in this case is rather or not this is a mirage or the real deal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You sir get a gold star...move to the head of the class.

Dangit Bird.  His ego is out-of-control as it is.  Stop gassing him up.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

This would be one of those predictions that I'd love to eat my words on - both on him and on the trade.  Those get conflated but they are not the same issue (i.e., he can be a useful player who isn't worth the 15th pick).  He was worse than I expected for the first several months and March is above my expectations.  

I'd love it if he emerged as a real weapon for this team and we came into the playoffs ready to play our best ball.

Tired of choking on that crowbone?  Kidding, good to see you're giving him a chance to play his way out of your doghouse.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

No real fan wants a player on their team to be bad. If a bad player improves then that is a great thing. The question in this case is rather or not this is a mirage or the real deal.

Sigh, just give him a chance soth.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sigh, just give him a chance soth.

It doesn't matter what Sothron says.  Some people will cheerlead for him irrespective of his performance and a few will pile on regardless.  The vast majority (which includes Sothron), will see what he does and react to that.  Sothron saying now that THJr is performing but he needs to see if this is real or a hot stretch is just as fair as people saying you should wait and see when he couldn't hit the broad sign of a barn earlier this season.   Time will prove it out.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

Pretty sure we all knew you don't watch the games.

If I could I would.  Not worth the money for league pass and I am not going to try and find some crummy stream online.  

• Premium Member

I can't remember the name of it...ballstreams or something? But ppl that use it say you get good quality on the streams. I pay for league pass so I can watch the TWolves so I don't use it but I think a number of posters here use that site.

57 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Oh, hate to hear that. I'm sure there are posters on here that can recommend a streaming site for non Georgia residents to watch the Hawks ...

There are numerous other options available better than Ballstreams. 

Although Shredder took over that Wiz game last night, his +28 was 2nd on the night to non other than THJr's +31. I think it's now safe to say we can call Tim's recent improved play a "trend"...

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Although Shredder took over that Wiz game last night, his +28 was 2nd on the night to non other than THJr's +31. I think it's now safe to say we can call Tim's recent improved play a "trend"...

His play is definitely trending quickly in the right direction and the bench as a whole was trending positively even before THJr turned it on (which you can see in Tim's +/- even when he was struggling).  Our reserves are a strength for this team.

• Like 1