• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great game terrible ending

gsuteke

34 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

so you just follow the team, and you're not a hawks fan?

I'm not a fanatic. I'm too pessimistic for that.

I want them to be a contender, but I understand that the franchise doesn't really have those ambitions and so it's hard to truly get excited about the franchise.

I remember when I was more excited. One of those playoff years I was dumb enough to actually believe they would beat the Bulls.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I'm not a fanatic. I'm too pessimistic for that.

I want them to be a contender, but I understand that the franchise doesn't really have those ambitions and so it's hard to truly get excited about the franchise.

I remember when I was more excited. One of those playoff years I was dumb enough to actually believe they would beat the Bulls.

thank you for responding, so you just have high expectations,that explains why you post negative most of the time

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member

Putting the bad officiating aside, the Hawks had to many TO during critical moments all game. The Hawks lost this game more than the Cavs won it.  Tough loss none the less. 

Edited by QuantumHawkz

It is very simple why the Hawks cannot close games against good teams.  The Hawks, for whatever reason just can't score on important posessions and the good teams we face seem to come up big in those situations even if they are playing poorly at the time.  I do not think we have a player that craves the ball in pressure situations.   Our players are scared at the end of games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I just watched Rudy in the clutch, it was bad

I told you bro, Rudy is hot garbage. I'm really surprised you wanted him here.

38 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Rudy would still be a better late game option than anyone we currently have on the team. 

Fully disagree. Rudy Gay will take 100 game winners for you sure, he has no conscience, but of those 100, how many will he make? Why do you think he's bounced around from team to team? I'm honestly perplexed by some of the things people post, specially the ones that post a lot of quality material like yourself.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I told you bro, Rudy is hot garbage. I'm really surprised you wanted him here.

He's not garbage but he's league average impact wise wing. Impact wise,  he's not much better than P.J. Tucker. Maybe worse due to his efficiency. Not worth Bazemore in a trade much less today's Teague. I think the big reason I wanted the trade was for McLemore. I always had love for him and felt he would be so much better in our system. 

Watching the games, it's clear he mentally isn't close to even Tim. Considering the amount of work he needs on a one year deal. I don't see him being more than a 2nd round trade piece. 

For all its worth, I would trade Jeff for Gay and their lottery pick as well as Tucker and their lottery pick this year.  I am iffy that we can resign Bazemore and we need a SF. Rudy has the ability and potential to shine but he's been underwhelming for the most part. But him and a pick is fair value. Makes sense for both teams. Especially since Rondo is not coming back.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's not garbage but he's league average impact wise wing. Impact wise,  he's not much better than P.J. Tucker. Maybe worse due to his efficiency. Not worth Bazemore in a trade much less today's Teague. I think the big reason I wanted the trade was for McLemore. I always had love for him and felt he would be so much better in our system. 

Watching the games, it's clear he mentally isn't close to even Tim. Considering the amount of work he needs on a one year deal. I don't see him being more than a 2nd round trade piece. 

For all its worth, I would trade Jeff for Gay and their lottery pick as well as Tucker and their lottery pick this year.  I am iffy that we can resign Bazemore and we need a SF. Rudy has the ability and potential to shine but he's been underwhelming for the most part. But him and a pick is fair value. Makes sense for both teams. Especially since Rondo is not coming back.

Depending on how Jeff performs in the playoffs, (if we win the title obviously we keep the team intact) I'd probably trade Teague for the Kings pick (hopefully a top 7 or 8) but they can keep Gay. I don't want him to ever wear a Hawks jersey. Just my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Depending on how Jeff performs in the playoffs, (if we win the title obviously we keep the team intact) I'd probably trade Teague for the Kings pick (hopefully a top 7 or 8) but they can keep Gay. I don't want him to ever wear a Hawks jersey. Just my opinion. 

I am not hyped on this class. No way I would trade Jeff or Dennis for that pick. Not a chance in hell. Add Gay and you have a reasonable deal. 

I would rather keep Jeff and Dennis than trade for a lottery pick in a weak class. Now a top 3 pick, that is something I would consider. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I am not hyped on this class. No way I would trade Jeff or Dennis for that pick. Not a chance in hell. Add Gay and you have a reasonable deal. 

I would rather keep Jeff and Dennis than trade for a lottery pick in a weak class. Now a top 3 pick, that is something I would consider. 

It all depends on playoff Jeff....if he averages 20/10 I'm not trading him. If he averages 10/5 and disappears in big games, everything is up for discussion. Gay is atrocious. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

It all depends on playoff Jeff....if he averages 20/10 I'm not trading him. If he averages 10/5 and disappears in big games, everything is up for discussion. Gay is atrocious. 

I doubt our PG's will be the issue.  It's usually our wings and lack of ability to defend the dribble drive. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I doubt our PG's will be the issue.  It's usually our wings and lack of ability to defend the dribble drive. 

True. Hope our pg's play above average to give us a legit shot at it.

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our PG's are usually very good or great. Above average was the Bibby and 2nd year Jeff era. 

Hmmmm...great? In the playoffs I'm not sure they've been great but we will see.

30 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Why not go after Jeff Green. He's really playing well with the Clippers. The Grizzlies were a bad fit for him. I think he gives you everything Gay does at a much cheaper price. 

He is an option.