• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis - What happened?

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's not turn this into a Teague vs Schröder debate because if Teague was playing the way he's playing now the 1st half of the season it wouldn't be a discussion and there wouldn't have been trade rumors. This Teague would have made the Allstar game.

It's always been that.  Since we have drafted Schröder, people have been for trading Teague.  When Teague shows his value or when Schro shows that he's not ready to be a full time starter, all the sudden, it's about not making it Teague vs. Schro...  You can't have it both ways.  This is the way I subscribe to...  Teague is our starter and Schröder is our Backup and we our PG situation is one of the strongest in the NBA.  Nobody talks about moving Lowry because of Joseph!  Nobody talks about moving Barea because of Felton!  Nobody talks about moving Walker because of Lin.  However, we're the only disfunctional fanbase that thinks that having 2 good PGs is a bad thing.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's always been that.  Since we have drafted Schröder, people have been for trading Teague.  When Teague shows his value or when Schro shows that he's not ready to be a full time starter, all the sudden, it's about not making it Teague vs. Schro...  You can't have it both ways.  This is the way I subscribe to...  Teague is our starter and Schröder is our Backup and we our PG situation is one of the strongest in the NBA.  Nobody talks about moving Lowry because of Joseph!  Nobody talks about moving Barea because of Felton!  Nobody talks about moving Walker because of Lin.  However, we're the only disfunctional fanbase that thinks that having 2 good PGs is a bad thing.

I think it is more because our wings were collectively way below league average for 2/3 of the season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Amen Diesel!  You are spot on with your comments!  Teague has never been a sacred cow like other players.  If Teague guts it out and plays through an injury, the board turns on him.  And believe me, it doesn't take much!!! But if Millsaps plays poorly like down the stretch last year or Korver this year all year, then it has to be due to an Injury and we should commend them for gutting it out.  Same with Dennis....It has to be a spell or something causing Dennis to look poor at times.  Has to be anything but Teague is just better than him

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think it is more because our wings were collectively way below league average for 2/3 of the season.

Bingo, most of us want one of the PGs moved for talent to upgrade the wings, not just for nothing. Because it's pretty clear this team isn't winning anything as is, so do you stick with the team as is and be happy with the team being essentially the Memphis of the East, or do you gamble and try to upgrade in talent?

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Bingo, most of us want one of the PGs moved for talent to upgrade the wings, not just for nothing. Because it's pretty clear this team isn't winning anything as is, so do you stick with the team as is and be happy with the team being essentially the Memphis of the East, or do you gamble and try to upgrade in talent?

And I'm sure the staff is looking for ways to do just that, as is evidenced by how they shopped both Teague and Dennis at the deadline. Problem is, if what's on the table is something that is going to set us back, then why make the move? Gambles are only worth taking if they they are promising.  

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

C'mon @Diesel you have more NBA sense than this.  No team is interested in trading for Joseph(24) , Barea(31)  and Lin (27) to be their starting PG of now and definitely not of the future so there is no reason for their fan bases to be talking about moving their starting PG for any  of those guys. There are teams interested in Dennis (22) as a potential starter.  We have  a commodity that other teams covet. There is a reason that teams  were calling about them BOTH at the trade deadline and there is a reason we listened - Bud know  we are deficient in other areas. Ultimately we passed because what was offered did not make us better NOW or in the  FUTURE.

My position has ALWAYS been that I'm not interested in trading  Teague JUST so Dennis can start OR  trading EITHER of them UNLESS it's a clear upgrade at a position of weakness (SF) and provides an IMMEDIATE IMPACT on the floor  because I know what our 2 PGs can do together.

Trade either, as long as we get better and moving closer to the LOB - I'm good. I won't get bent all out of shape.

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Aren't you suppose to be on 'alone tie' with gf.

Get off the Squawk.

He's always on "alone time" with the "girlfriend" (ohhhh).

And JBird with the alley-oop .......

• Premium Member

This is so funny!  These posters are pretending that there have been no despairing remarks made about Jeff Teague and his play.  They want us to believe that their motivation is to better the team as opposed to their frustration with Teague as the lead guard for the Atlanta Hawks.  Now I know that it is disrespectful to pull up past conversation regarding Teague but if this deception continues, I might have to .  The truth is Teague has been one of the most scrutinized Hawk player on Hawk squawk...Lets not pretend that his detractors now think that somehow that he will net us an all star small forward to help Hawks win a championship in the near future

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is so funny!  These posters are pretending that there have been no despairing remarks made about Jeff Teague and his play.  They want us to believe that their motivation is to better the team as opposed to their frustration with Teague as the lead guard for the Atlanta Hawks.  Now I know that it is disrespectful to pull up past conversation regarding Teague but if this discretion continues, I might have to .  The truth is Teague has been one of the most scrutinized Hawk player on Hawk squawk...Lets not pretend that his detractors now think that somehow that he will net us an all star small forward to help Hawks win a championship in the near future

My  frustration with Teague to start the season was my own expectations that he would take the next step.  He was in his prime and should  have been ready to  go from the jump.  Sleepwalking through many games, barely giving effort etc, Passive  Teague  etc,disinterested and spaced out look.  And if his play to start the season wasn't worrisome then you are being disingenuous.  Bud benched him for a reason in 4th  quarters or did I pretend that happened..

My stance has always  been you trade  Teague to improve the team not just to start Dennis. My stance had been can Dennis start, ye but is he ready to start - No.  

Call out who you wanna call out. Go pull up ALL my posts - I don't give a flip.

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My  frustration with Teague to start the season was my own expectations that he would take the next step.  He was in his prime and should  have been ready to  go from the jump.  Sleepwalking through many games, barely giving effort etc, Passive  Teague  etc,disinterested and spaced out look.  And if his play to start the season wasn't worrisome then you are being disingenuous.  Bud benched him for a reason in 4th  quarters or did I pretend that happened..

My stance has always  been you trade  Teague to improve the team not just to start Dennis. My stance had been can Dennis start, ye but is he ready to start - No.  

Call out who you wanna call out. Go pull up ALL my posts - I don't give a flip.

No need to put up your past post because you readily admit you wanted Teague traded because you had problems endorsing him as the lead guard for the Hawks.  I have no problem if you don't think that he is good enough to be a championship quality point guard but to pretend that he gets a fair shake on this message board is a little disingenuous...Other players have struggle for longer periods but don't receive the same amount of negative press here except maybe Al Horford.  And even though it was pointed out that Teague did indeed have several injuries that he was dealing with in the 1st half of the season, he still doesn't get a pass.  And even with those injuries and diminished play from the previous year, he still out performed Dennis then too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And even though it was pointed out that Teague did indeed have several injuries that he was dealing with in the 1st half of the season, he still doesn't get a pass.  And even with those injuries and diminished play from the previous year, he still out performed Dennis then too.

You have Teague rose colored glasses on if you truly believe that. Here's the stats of both PGs from the period where Teague was playing while "hurt" (and I call BS on the idea that he was playing hurt for basically three months, maybe for two weeks after he returned way back in November, and even then most of those two weeks he looked healthy).

PG A: 13.4 PTS/5.1 AST/1.2 STL and 2.5 TO on these splits: 40.6% FG/40.4% 3PT/83.6% FT 27.6 MPG

PG B: 10 PTS/4.6 AST/1.3 STL and 2.3 TO on these splits: 41.3% FG/31.8% 3PT/80.7% FT 19.9 MPG

Honestly, neither PG played well in this specific stretch given. But the only area in which PG A wins in this case is less TOs. Won't give any more about this to where it is blatantly given away.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No need to put up your past post because you readily admit you wanted Teague traded because you had problems endorsing him as the lead guard for the Hawks.  I have no problem if you don't think that he is good enough to be a championship quality point guard but to pretend that he gets a fair shake on this message board is a little disingenuous...Other players have struggle for longer periods but don't receive the same amount of negative press here except maybe Al Horford.  And even though it was pointed out that Teague did indeed have several injuries that he was dealing with in the 1st half of the season, he still doesn't get a pass.  And even with those injuries and diminished play from the previous year, he still out performed Dennis then too.

I've never said any such thing. And unless you post the past post I will deny deny deny.  don't talk about past post and make a blanket statement without proof. 

I've always maintained my frustration with Jeff and his Jekyll and Hyde persona.  I've never called for him to be traded for Dennis to start.  When @NBASupeswanted Dennis to start from day  1, I  called him crazy.  He said Jeff had no  court vision  and will never get it,  he said you either have  it or you don't, I disagreed.  I maybe losing my mind slowly but don't attribute stuff to me that's just not true.

We've had debates about  Korver struggles to start the season , you thought it was because of him we struggled I said it was Teague.  My reason being was a 35 yr old Korver coming  of  elbow and ankle surgery so I expected him to struggle, I didn't expect Teague to struggle. I expected him  to  take charge of the  team and when he didn't it was frustrating.

And if you think the Teague outperformed Dennis when  he was struggling then  this needs no further discussion.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And if you think the Teague outperformed Dennis when  he was struggling then  this needs no further discussion.

Jeff's efficiency rating never dropped below Dennis' Efficiency rating or PER

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Jeff's efficiency rating never dropped below Dennis' Efficiency rating or PER

Stat picking. I can do so also. What about NBA's own advanced stat?  

PIE, whole season: Jeff 11.9% < Dennis 12.4% 

but yes I'm not very objective when it comes to Dennis discussions ;-)

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

there really isnt much in the german media. What i thought was a little bit interesting was him stating that he sort of "loves" the hawks and he wants to stay in ATL. He said his current situation is okay for him. That all sounds a little bit different than what i would expect of him. Overall I believe its just a slumb at the end of a long season. I saw that his bro and a friend are running his lounge, so I doubt it distracts him that much.

vor 3 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

I've never said any such thing. And unless you post the past post I will deny deny deny.  don't talk about past post and make a blanket statement without proof. 

I've always maintained my frustration with Jeff and his Jekyll and Hyde persona.  I've never called for him to be traded for Dennis to start.  When @NBASupeswanted Dennis to start from day  1, I  called him crazy.  He said Jeff had no  court vision  and will never get it,  he said you either have  it or you don't, I disagreed.  I maybe losing my mind slowly but don't attribute stuff to me that's just not true.

We've had debates about  Korver struggles to start the season , you thought it was because of him we struggled I said it was Teague.  My reason being was a 35 yr old Korver coming  of  elbow and ankle surgery so I expected him to struggle, I didn't expect Teague to struggle. I expected him  to  take charge of the  team and when he didn't it was frustrating.

I for my part totally understand jbh.

I believe most of us feel that teague is capable of doing so much more on a consistent basis than what he is doing. Unfortunatly that might not really be in his arsenal, but people tend to project their hopes in him, since he is capable of so much. Its highly unfair, and people should learn to appreciate him for what he is and not for what people want him to be.  I guess its obvious i am hoping for dennis to succeed but I believe jeffs situation is so freaking hard that i sometimes hope he does get traded to a franchise where people dont project hopes in him that he cant reach, but take him for what he is and appreciate his work a little more.

On April 9, 2016 at 4:22 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Aren't you suppose to be on 'alone tie' with gf.

Get off the Squawk.

Funny you said alone tie...well I digress but funny...I got off squawk and just saw the game...I loved it. Staying away from squawk is tough. I was starting to twitch a bit lol

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

He's always on "alone time" with the "girlfriend" (ohhhh).

And JBird with the alley-oop .......

Lol haha it's true it's true...people can't get enough of me. ;-)