• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Matchup For The Warriors

benhillboy

I think it's the Hawks.  The window is wide open, we can't drop the ball in the East again.

If the Spurs have to depend on some Diaw elixir to solve the Warriors, they have no chance.  Parker and Duncan, once the keys to their team and big factors versus anyone else, are useless against GS.  We're the only team that has the PG play to stay in the game as well as the mobile front line needed to expand and contract the defense on the drop of a dime as necessary.  

The Hawks can and should get through the East to ensure a respectable Finals.  Toronto and Cleveland can't.

• Like 3

Dang benhill, you get the 'I'll have what he's having' award for today.  I love the optimism though.

All things being equal, I think we'd actually give them a nice test.  Unfortunately, I doubt we'd be able to overcome the refs.

I don't think we have the fire power to beat the Warriors if Curry is shooting well, and I don't think we can stop him from shooting well in 4 games. Bogut is too good at defending the paint and Green causes problems everywhere. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I love the optimism, but the Hawks need to be worried about getting out of the East first. Golden State is as dominant as any team I've seen. It was strange seeing the Spurs look outmatched despite their best efforts while the Warriors looks like they were just having fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Are we sure that this team can get past Toronto in the second round? I think it's possible, but would really depend on coaching and starting lineup decisions.

I don't trust TOR in the playoffs. Yes, they swapped offense (Hansbrough, Amir, Lou, Vasquez) for defense (Biyumbo, Scola, Joseph, Carroll, Powell) but I got to see them make it past the first round first.

If the Hawks finish 3rd, it may be a chance Hawks get Indy/Detroit in the 2nd round instead of TOR.