• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Positives from game 3

Alex

37 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Hawks were able to over come that first quarter momentairly if that counts.

We know these Hawks are always capable of fighting back. I was never worried about that last night. It's just the late game execution that continues to haunt us. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

Hawks got down early and came back but look at who the opposition is the Celtics. Try doing that vs an elite team most of the time you get put away. Hawks would lose by 20-30 vs the better teams. Positives Kyle was making 3s.

Yea, the Celtics suck, that's why they ranked in the top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency and won 48 games. Jesus Christ people, we lost in the last minute against a desperate team that finished with our exact same record on the road with their best player having a career day.  Chill out. 

• Like 4

Hawks won 60 games last year where did that get them vs Cleveland who wasn't even at full strength. Playoff basketball is an entirely different animal. You watch a team like Golden State that they can rebound when they have to, play great defense and can hit the outside shot. Also they have a number of go to men on the team. The Hawks same issues as last year no go to players at end of the game. The team looks lost out there at certain times. There is to much one on one basketball as we saw last night, no post game etc etc like last year. Even beating the Celtics in the series really isn't a huge accomplishment their no where near the best teams in the league and also remember Boston has two of their players out and still beat the hawks. It's not just one loss its a multitude of problems with the Hawks team one year later and its almost the same team that got destroyed vs Cleveland. 

Edited by thescout5

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

Hawks won 60 games last year where did that get them vs Cleveland who wasn't even at full strength. Playoff basketball is an entirely different animal. You watch a team like Golden State that they can rebound when they have to, play great defense and can hit the outside shot. Also they have a number of go to men on the team. The Hawks same issues as last year no go to players at end of the game. The team looks lost out there at certain times. There is to much one on one basketball as we saw last night, no post game etc etc like last year. Even beating the Celtics in the series really isn't a huge accomplishment their no where near the best teams in the league and also remember Boston has two of their players out and still beat the hawks. It's not just one loss its a multitude of problems with the Hawks team one year later and its almost the same team that got destroyed vs Cleveland. 

We can't rebound? Aren't we ranked 1st in rebounding in the playoffs? So Golden State didn't lose a single game last playoffs???? I'm not saying the Hawks are the best team in the world, I'm just saying, if it takes one close loss in the road in the playoffs against a good team for half of our fans to jump ship, that's pretty damn ridiculous.

Whose jumping ship? I've been a fan since the late 70s. I m saying the way the Hawks are currently constructed they won't go far if your wanting championships. The Hawks may win by double digits tomorrow that still won't change my long term outlook on the team. It's easy to get excited if you haven't followed the Hawks that long however you have to accept the Hawks for what they are a team that will make the playoffs most years and get bounced in the 1st or 2nd series most years.

What I'd like to see for the current Hawks is the team play solid ball none of this one on one play. Clutch shooting,Sap,Horford playing big in big games,Korver hitting the 3s and Teague being a distributor of the ball. I can accept losing if the team can play solid ball. Schröder I don't see the development and don't think he'll change despite being young. Will see what happens tomorrow but don''t get to excited or low its just another Hawks season. 

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

We can't rebound? Aren't we ranked 1st in rebounding in the playoffs? So Golden State didn't lose a single game last playoffs???? I'm not saying the Hawks are the best team in the world, I'm just saying, if it takes one close loss in the road in the playoffs against a good team for half of our fans to jump ship, that's pretty damn ridiculous.

It wasn't a close loss though.  Boston dominated for 75 percent of the game.  Hawks made a surge and then Boston took the game over again with relative ease.  

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Alex said:

It wasn't a close loss though.  Boston dominated for 75 percent of the game.  Hawks made a surge and then Boston took the game over again with relative ease.  

Whatever. We outscored them in the second and the third quarter and were outscoring them the majority of the fourth until they just got ridiculously hot at the end of the game, making circus three point shots and off balance and -1s. Boston would beat almost every team in the league playing the way they did that game, including GS, so let's not act like losing that game proves the Hawks suck. The Hawks may not be championship caliber, but that one game proves absolutely nothing. The Hawks played their f***ing asses off, only difference is that Boston was on fire from three and the Hawks couldn't buy an outside jumpshot all game long. Not worried about that continuing throughout the series. 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Whatever. We outscored them in the second and the third quarter and were outscoring them the majority of the fourth until they just got ridiculously hot at the end of the game, making circus three point shots and off balance and -1s. Boston would beat almost every team in the league playing the way they did that game, including GS, so let's not act like losing that game proves the Hawks suck. The Hawks may not be championship caliber, but that one game proves absolutely nothing. The Hawks played their f***ing asses off, only difference is that Boston was on fire from three and the Hawks couldn't buy an outside jumpshot all game long. Not worried about that continuing throughout the series.

The best part is he's highly likely one of the guys that said "The Hawks blew a big lead in game 1, they suck and will lose this series". If you're going to say that, this precedent should be the same on the opposite side instead of "The Hawks were DOMINATED all game, the first two games are a 100% fluke and they are in legit danger of losing this series".

I mean there's national guys that are saying the Hawks mental state is likely fine going into tomorrow because they didn't see that as a really convincing game for Boston (Pelton, Moore, and Shane Young from bballbreakdown).

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

The best part is he's highly likely one of the guys that said "The Hawks blew a big lead in game 1, they suck and will lose this series". If you're going to say that, this precedent should be the same on the opposite side instead of "The Hawks were DOMINATED all game, the first two games are a 100% fluke and they are in legit danger of losing this series".

I mean there's national guys that are saying the Hawks mental state is likely fine going into tomorrow because they didn't see that as a really convincing game for Boston (Pelton, Moore, and Shane Young from bballbreakdown).

Atlanta has played very well this series so far overall. Clearly better than Boston overall, so all this discontent after Boston won it's first home game (Boston is 28-13 at home this year) of the series is a little mind boggling. Boston played one of their best games of their entire season and the Hawks damn near beat them anyway. It seems like people don't know Boston is a good team. They were the best team in the East outside of Toronto and Cleveland (and the Hawks).  

58 minutes ago, Alex said:

What game were you watching?  Isaiah Thomas was playing his butt off on offense on his way to a career game.  I didn't see anything come with relative ease.  They looked like a desperate team out there trying to win and they did.

36 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

What game were you watching?  Isaiah Thomas was playing his butt off on offense on his way to a career game.  I didn't see anything come with relative ease.  They looked like a desperate team out there trying to win and they did.

I mean, can Isaiah Thomas average an efficient 30 for the rest of the series? That's really the main question here.

And for most of the 2nd half, the game was legitimately in doubt, 10 points is nothing in the NBA...

there are loses, that you can smile about. I once lost a hs basketball game in south carolina and was smiling after (i was pretty much the 20th man on the team), and the coach got mad why i was so happy about, and i told him that when we meet the team in about 3 weeks all we gotta do is go to the post and we win. Well we won by 20, so my feeling was right.

Right now i feel yeah thomas is good, and he can do that stuff one more time, but twice? naaaaah come on. this series is ours. Gl with something else celtics, but hawks dont even take you serious.