• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everyone Blames Teague But It Was Buds Fault

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

In a matchup of thought-processing skills and basketball acumen I'll take a leap of faith and go with Bud over Jeff.

But Bud chose Jeff...If he were such a genius, why didn't he chose a different player if he knew Jeff would F it up?

13 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

As I painfully continue to see Teague get trashed on this board, it only reminds me that all fans don't know basketball. The worst part of last nights play was seeing it happen as a former basketball player. I knew the playcall was trash at the 8 sec mark. As I sat there waiting for a pick and roll option with Sap my mouth was wide open in disbelief. Sap didn't move. Jeff looked uncomfortable. Then at the 5 second mark, Kyle Korver comes to set a fake screen that fooled no one. Jeff was throwed all off. Meanwhile Sap and his 45 points were stuck on the blocks. 

That is where basketball instinct and savvy should come into play.  If a play isn't developing the way you think it should do SOMETHING.......ANYTHING to get you closer to the basket, you don't lose the ball and not get a shot off.

• Premium Member

We have made Teague a scapegoat and mad Bud a Sacred Cow.

The Coach called the play.  For those of you who say you would have overruled your coach... get in line with Lebron.  Even Kobe executed the play that the coaches call.  Get in Line with Pippen.  For a decade, he was the only player who foolishly tried to undermine his coaches playcalling.  The coach makes the call, the player excutes and the coach gets the praise or the venom.  Had Teague Nailed a three, I'm sure that there would be some here who would have said... Bud was right for sticking with Teague's hot hand for the last shot.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Coach called the play.  For those of you who say you would have overruled your coach... get in line with Lebron.  Even Kobe executed the play that the coaches call.  Get in Line with Pippen.  For a decade, he was the only player who foolishly tried to undermine his coaches playcalling.  The coach makes the call, the player excutes and the coach gets the praise or the venom.  Had Teague Nailed a three, I'm sure that there would be some here who would have said... Bud was right for sticking with Teague's hot hand for the last shot.

If you're going to run the clock completely down then why even shoot a 3.   That's just dumb when all you need is a basket to win.

42 minutes ago, Diesel said:

NO shot ATTEMPT....that's the issue,

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Look guys..as much as you want to give praise to Bud for winning 60 games last year and none to the players except the Sacred Cows on the team.  This type f up has occurred on multiple occasions and has not been corrected by the same Damn coach.  Therefore you have to conclude that he sucks in those situations period!!!!!  Why are people continuing to pass the buck?????

So should teachers get all the blame if their students don't pass a test?  That's the logic I'm seeing here.

Not to say that Bud doesn't get some blame but at some point instinct has to kick in on Jeff's part.  As someone else mentioned, I highly doubt Bud told Jeff to wait until 3 seconds and then pull up a standstill shot from well outside the arc.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

80% Bud ... 20% Teague

Teague definitely went too late.  But honestly, he shouldn't have had the ball.

This was Millsap's night.  His signature moment as a player.  He DESERVED to have that ball in his hands at the end.  Let him make the shot or the pass to an open man.

To say that Teague had the clutch and hot hand, simply because he made back to back 3s .. when Millsap had 9 of the Hawks 13 points before those 2 threes .. is kind of ridiculous.  Teague was HORRIBLE up until that point.

I wonder how Millsap felt about Teague having the ball, while he's having the best basketball game any Hawk has ever had in the playoffs, since Dominique in Boston Garden back in 1988 ( 28 years ago )

That would be like Woody taking the ball out of Joe Johnson's hands back in 2008, when he had that epic 42 point performance.

If we win, with Sap making the game winner, he becomes a Hawk legend.  

Instead, the Hawks flat out wasted his 45 points.  He may as well only have scored 15 points, because the 45 points will be forgotten.

Bud definitely gets most of the hit for this loss.

That's why i said i bud should've ran a play with Sap finishing at the rim.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

But Bud chose Jeff...If he were such a genius, why didn't he chose a different player if he knew Jeff would F it up?

That is like saying, "why did the coach have player x shoot the ball if he knew player x was going to miss?"  Anyone can make or miss a given shot.  The coach should prepare a play that can get a decent or better look and the players should execute that play and improvise if the play breaks down.

Of course he expected Teague to do a better job executing that play than he did.  We don't have a player who is F up free on this team.  Jeff F'd that one up.  Sap and/or others might have as well if they were supposed to set a screen.

Bad play design by the coach.  Bad execution by at least Teague.