• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seeing Al at the three point line makes me wanna throw up.

Diesel

• Premium Member

And it not that I don't think he can hit a three pointer, it's just so much wasted ability.   Moreover, our rebounding sucks because he's on the perimeter.  I applauded Kris Humphries.  The dude was one guy with 4 jersey around him and he's ripping down rebounds.   While Cowardly Horf is standing on the three point line with his hands out.

What Free agent is going to help us on the boards?

27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

And it not that I don't think he can hit a three pointer, it's just so much wasted ability.   Moreover, our rebounding sucks because he's on the perimeter.  I applauded Kris Humphries.  The dude was one guy with 4 jersey around him and he's ripping down rebounds.   While Cowardly Horf is standing on the three point line with his hands out.

What Free agent is going to help us on the boards?

Depends on if we are looking for Horford's replacement or Horford's back up... if we bring  him Back.

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I actually agree with D. We need a low post player to create spacing and can actually GASP offensively rebound as needed. Having Horford at the three point line kills that.

LOL ... now everyone wants a low post scorer.  But when I was on the Al Jefferson bandwagon 3 years ago, no one wanted any part of that dude.

Al will keep shooting jumpers, and might improve to be a 37% shooter from 3.

Also keep in mind that it's the coach that wants Al shooting the 3.  Al is simply doing what he is asked to do.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL ... now everyone wants a low post scorer.  But when I was on the Al Jefferson bandwagon 3 years ago, no one wanted any part of that dude.

Also keep in mind that it's the coach that wants Al shooting the 3.  Al is simply doing what he is asked to do.

I watched Al on the play with Lebron getting his own rebound three times.   It's not that Al is coached to shoot threes, it's that even when Al is in position to get a defensive rebound, he doesn't.

Watching these second chance points pile up is blasphemous.   Plain and simple.   Where's the rebounding?  Where's the effort??  Did Coach Bud take the effort from Al too?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Poor defence is the reason people didn't want Al Jefferson.   And I believe he has been a poor rebounder this season.. but i haven't looked at his numbers/

Get Bismack Biyumbo. 

48 minutes ago, pimp said:

Depends on if we are looking for Horford's replacement or Horford's back up... if we bring  him Back.

I agree. If he returns, you got a healthy Splitter. I'd love for ATL to cut Scott and have Hump back up Millsap. 

If Horford leaves, I wouldn't mind starting Kris at center and having Splitter back him up and give Tavares Muscula's minutes.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Same here... Time to move and either get D12 (then scorer later) or start Splitter and go after a scorer... I really do think we have a chance at Durant IMHO. We have a lot of great pieces to put around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Get Bismack Biyumbo. 

I agree. If he returns, you got a healthy Splitter. I'd love for ATL to cut Scott and have Hump back up Millsap. 

If Horford leaves, I wouldn't mind starting Kris at center and having Splitter back him up and give Tavares Muscula's minutes.

Wether Al is back or not the weakest front court player is Moose. Keep Humph over him. At least Scott can score and help win some games (his improved defense still bites though). Feels like we would survive with Tiago, Humph and Edy in the middle as you said. Find that alpha dog for the swing player. Biyumbo can really rebound so that is a good thought.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've always wanted a low post scorer. It is a bedrock for any offense IMO.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Get Bismack Biyumbo. 

Actually, Scott is one of our better Others...  I think he just needs floor time.  I like Hump too, he takes the problem child out of our rebounding.   The real question is what will we get with Splitter.  All signs point to the fact that Splitter may have been the biggest mistake of this regime.   He has to come in and show that he can help our rebounding.

Just wanted to say that even though I've been railing on Al, he along with Sap and Playoff Teague of past he is one of my favorite Hawks. That being said they all have serious flaws considering they are Allstars. Right now nothing should be set in stone with them even though Bud just really, really, really loves this group.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Just wanted to say that even though I've been railing on Al, he along with Sap and Playoff Teague of past he is one of my favorite Hawks. That being said they all have serious flaws considering they are Allstars. Right now nothing should be set in stone with them even though Bud just really, really, really loves this group.  

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I have to agree here.   Giving Horf 100 Million dollars to be a stretch PF is not the smartest thing in the world for us.  I think Sap is the one we should roll with into the future but we need help.

• Like 1

Biyombo is a great get if we had like a Durant and Westbrook but he makes Thabo look like Harden on offense. He's a terrible fit offensively to justify him. Humphries is more intriguing as a starter and he's no starter for any NBA team.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Biyombo is a great get if we had like a Durant and Westbrook but he makes Thabo look like Harden on offense. He's a terrible fit offensively to justify him. Humphries is more intriguing as a starter and he's no starter for any NBA team.

I actually like Humphries for us.  He's definitely the guy I want coming in behind Sap.   The real question is what can Splitter bring??  Everything rests on that question.