• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Point Guard idea....

ViewsFromTheSquawk

Alright alright alright. My tears have been cried and now we look forward to the offseason. With that in mind I have an idea for our highly debated PG debacle.... 

Rumor is the San Antonio Spurs and their little youth movement  isn't as great as they'd hoped.  Granted the best record in Spurs history is quite impressive , they ran outta gas coming down the stretch in the postseason. And it really showed vs OKC. So with that the rumor is they're going to be targeting Mike Conley this summer. So that leaves either Tony Parker and Patty Mills (more than likely Mills) up for grabs. With this in mind would y'all send a 2nd to the Spurs for Patty that way we can feel more safe with trading Teague? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

He'd be a nice addition to the bench, but I wouldn't trade any first rounders to get him.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that minny would rather not sign Rubio long term. Perhaps a package involving one of our pgs could lure some of that young talent. Obviously not Wiggins or towns...but maybe Lavine dieng or shabazz

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Mills isn't really a 1 tho imho.

Who said he starts? I was thinking we send the Spurs a 2nd for them to clear some space to sign Mike Conley this offseason and then we could send Teague to Milwaukee,NYK,or Minnesota for Parker,Affalo,or a package of Shabazz+Dieng. Then our lineup would be...

PG-Schröder,Mills

SG-Korver,Hardaway,Patterson

SF-Sefolosha,Shabazz

PF-Millsap,Scott,Muscala

C-Horford,Dieng,Humphries 

11 hours ago, kurupt said:

Why would the Spurs do Mills for a 2nd rounder?

So they can sign Conley. To clear cap. 

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Love Shabazz. If we could send Teague+Musky for Dieng+Shabazz id love it. 

Yeah View, Dieng really does like to rebound. A very sore spot for us. Anything to get us more shots and reduce the other team's opportunities.  

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah View, Dieng really does like to rebound. A very sore spot for us. Anything to get us more shots and reduce the other team's opportunities.  

Just tried it on the ESPN trade machine... They'd need to somehow get rid of either KG (retirement?),Pekovic,or Rubio in order for it to work. 

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Just tried it on the ESPN trade machine... They'd need to somehow get rid of either KG (retirement?),Pekovic,or Rubio in order for it to work. 

It's been mentioned in the past that KG's future is most likely in their FO. Sooner would be better than later since he really isn't averaging many minutes these days.  An opportunity for us?

2 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Who said he starts? I was thinking we send the Spurs a 2nd for them to clear some space to sign Mike Conley this offseason and then we could send Teague to Milwaukee,NYK,or Minnesota for Parker,Affalo,or a package of Shabazz+Dieng. Then our lineup would be...

PG-Schröder,Mills

SG-Korver,Hardaway,Patterson

SF-Sefolosha,Shabazz

PF-Millsap,Scott,Muscala

C-Horford,Dieng,Humphries 

So they can sign Conley. To clear cap. 

Well, first of all, I'm not interested in helping them facilitate anything.  Turned out swimmingly for us last time, no?

When I say he's not a "1", I mean he's not a point guard.  He's a guy brought in to chuck up shots (to the extent that he can 'chuck' in SA).  Manu's their backup 1 IIUC.  Mills backing up whoever's left (Teague or DMike) would be disastrous at worst, counterproductive at best.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, first of all, I'm not interested in helping them facilitate anything.  Turned out swimmingly for us last time, no?

When I say he's not a "1", I mean he's not a point guard.  He's a guy brought in to chuck up shots (to the extent that he can 'chuck' in SA).  Manu's their backup 1 IIUC.  Mills backing up whoever's left (Teague or DMike) would be disastrous at worst, counterproductive at best.

I mean if we wanted we could try and get Rubio from Minnesota along with either Dieng or Shabazz. But that'd be like taking on another Splitter because he is owed 12.5mil next season. Thus making it harder for us to make moves even if we traded Teague and Splitter assuming we resign Al. I'd much rather deal with Mills and his contract even if you believe he's a Chucker. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's been mentioned in the past that KG's future is most likely in their FO. Sooner would be better than later since he really isn't averaging many minutes these days.  An opportunity for us?

A deal that I did try that works out swimmingly is...

Bucks gets Teague

Spurs get cap space

Hawks get Parker and Mills

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I mean if we wanted we could try and get Rubio from Minnesota along with either Dieng or Shabazz. But that'd be like taking on another Splitter because he is owed 12.5mil next season. Thus making it harder for us to make moves even if we traded Teague and Splitter assuming we resign Al. I'd much rather deal with Mills and his contract even if you believe he's a Chucker. 

Mills doesn't help us in any capacity.  Nor does Tony Parker at this point in his career.  I'd recommend trading with anyone but SA.  The piece(s) they have that we want/need (which rhymes with Kawhi Leonard) isn't available.

12 hours ago, skimaskway23 said:

I'm thinking that minny would rather not sign Rubio long term. Perhaps a package involving one of our pgs could lure some of that young talent. Obviously not Wiggins or towns...but maybe Lavine dieng or shabazz

@skimaskway23  Except Rubio is signed thru 2018/2019.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I'd much rather deal with Mills and his contract even if you believe he's a Chucker.

If you get Mills, you also have to draft and PLAY Denzel Valentine. As he really IS NOT a point guard. You will need someone that has the ability to play a point guard role on the court with him.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

@Sothron will tell you Minny wouldn't do this trade.  

Exactly. They aren't trading Bazz and Dieng. I almost wish they would trade Bazz because he's been seriously underplayed his entire career so far but I think Thibs is going to get him more minutes.

The TWolves are ready to take a major turn up as soon as next season with their young players and the high lottery pick they will have this year.