• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is going to be extremely active on draft night

NBASupes

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is definitely interest from those teams but not for our PGs but for Millsap.

With that said, the teams showing interest in Jeff or Dennis likes them both more than  any PG in the draft. Atlanta will get value for either player they choose to part with. Philly wants Jeff the most.

So would that be for one of Noel, Saric, Okafor?  

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is definitely interest from those teams but not for our PGs but for Millsap.

With that said, the teams showing interest in Jeff or Dennis likes them both more than  any PG in the draft. Atlanta will get value for either player they choose to part with. Philly wants Jeff the most.

I could see Philly offering the #24 and #26th pick for Jeff, but curious if Budcox would go for that or if they could get a better offer elsewhere. I wonder how valuable Covington is to Philly.

Also I can see Boston being very active with all their picks and the 3rd pick (since it's really a 2-person draft).

Edited by Bankingitbig

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Noel: nah, sun

Saric: nah, but I'd think about it

Okafor: I'd think about it

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Their not trading Saric. It's one of their bigs. Then again, Philly is not leaking their interest in who they want to draft. Some draftniks think it's Simmons but many think it's Ingram. I think it's clearly Ingram. 

The biggest deal is are we keeping or trading Sap. The attention he's generating is due to no superstars available for trades so he's the value player. They want a grandfather deal. I still say trade Sap for assets and trade one of the assets to NY but I have heard that the Knicks want to make the playoffs and try to win with Porzingis being the face. Millsap will help them and Batum who liked NY would be more willing to play in NY with Sap then with Melo since they kinda do the same things. 

For Atlanta, getting a center for Teague is likely and trading for a vet center or signing one in free agency is likely so getting Melo with Al, a PG and a center might be just what the doctor ordered. Tim development in the summer will he huge for us.

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Noel: nah, sun

Saric: nah, but I'd think about it

Okafor: I'd think about it

Noel is clearly the best of the bunch. He can actually be good next year.

Saric is good. Philly really wants him there. In fact, it's a big part of their future for Colangelo plan.

I am lowest on Okafor but he offers something that you need which is a #1 option and an instant scoring threat from the bench with scoring skills. Off the bench, Kanter is showing you those guys value. Starting.... well...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Saric is good. Philly really wants him there. In fact, it's a big part of their future for Colangelo plan.

I am lowest on Okafor but he offers something that you need which is a #1 option and an instant scoring threat from the bench with scoring skills. Off the bench, Kanter is showing you those guys value. Starting.... well...

I agree. Noel IS the one. He brings that shot blocking and activity around the rim that i despise Horford for not bringing.  The move, which i give atlhomer in the lottery thread for suggesting, is trading Teague to Philly for Covington and Noel. You GOTTA keep Sap. Moving Sap would set this franchise back too far. The Hawks could instantly get younger, more athletic up front and have a core they can tweak and add to  down the road:

pg dennis

sg hardaway

sf covington

pf sap

c noel

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

If we were to trade for Okafor, I doubt he'd see much playing time since he is an extremely poor defender. Much rather go after Noel.

His defense would need Hardaway Jr improvement. 

Philly don't seem like they are trading Covington in any deal. If they get Ingram, it is highly unlikely that he would be traded. Ingram is a 1st year SG who should grow into a SF.

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Noel is a win-now guy meaning, what he brings, he can bring at an NBA-level right now.  I just think he'll always be kinda limited.  You can draft somebody most years that could give you what he brings which is why I'm not that high on him (yes, I realize that's simplifying things a bit).

I'd think about Okafor if he can be paired(sic) with Sap/Al to teach him how to be a real pro.  I never liked him as I think he's lazy.  Our guys could salvage him (hopefully).

Also, listening to Brett Brown interviewed this morning, he says they definitely need guard help.   Sounded so adamant that, if a #1-worthy guard was in this draft, I'd be sure they'd pick him over Simmons/Ingram.  As it is, there's not a guard at that level this year.

Secondly, he coached Simmons' father (didn't know that) and knew (or at least knew of) Simmons since he was born.  He didn't state that he coached Simmons directly while he was the AUS nat'l team coach but he certainly has been on Brown's radar for years.  Seems obvious they're gonna pick him (in case anyone still doubts that).  That seems to reinforce the idea that they'll be trading one of their frontcourt guys.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Noel is a win-now guy meaning, what he brings, he can bring at an NBA-level right now.  I just think he'll always be kinda limited.  You can draft somebody most years that could give you what he brings which is why I'm not that high on him (yes, I realize that's simplifying things a bit).

I'd think about Okafor if he can be paired(sic) with Sap/Al to teach him how to be a real pro.  I never liked him as I think he's lazy.  Our guys could salvage him (hopefully).

Also, listening to Brett Brown interviewed this morning, he says they definitely need guard help.   Sounded so adamant that, if a #1-worthy guard was in this draft, I'd be sure they'd pick him over Simmons/Ingram.  As it is, there's not a guard at that level this year.

Secondly, he coached Simmons' father (didn't know that) and knew (or at least knew of) Simmons since he was born.  He didn't state that he coached Simmons directly while he was the AUS nat'l team coach but he certainly has been on Brown's radar for years.  Seems obvious they're gonna pick him (in case anyone still doubts that).  That seems to reinforce the idea that they'll be trading one of their frontcourt guys.

Okafor has the unenviable task of being compared to Karl Anthony Townes for the rest of his life.   He's the new Alex Smith.   Everything he does will be measured with a Karl Anthony Townes ruler.  Moreover, he hasn't helped himself with his off the court incidents.

I'm sure that he will be available for trade depending on the coach.  Would I take him?  Probably.  He has a lot of good skills and he's not that far away defensively.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Okafor has the unenviable task of being compared to Karl Anthony Townes for the rest of his life.   He's the new Alex Smith.   Everything he does will be measured with a Karl Anthony Townes ruler.  Moreover, he hasn't helped himself with his off the court incidents.

I'm sure that he will be available for trade depending on the coach.  Would I take him?  Probably.  He has a lot of good skills and he's not that far away defensively.

He has the worst advanced defensive stats in years if not decades for a big.  I've been on record for comparing him impact wise to Jamal Crawford. Obviously, center edition. You have to be bad defensively to make Kanter look like okay defense. At least Kanter can rebound and score extremely well, Okafor is just a scorer. Needless to say, an exceptional one.

I know how much you value bigs who score in the paint over everything else from your post history but you gotta be realistic, he's bad at most parts of the game and is more flawed than even Tim Hardaway Jr when he came in.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has the worst advanced defensive stats in years if not decades for a big.  I've been on record for comparing him impact wise to Jamal Crawford. Obviously, center edition. You have to be bad defensively to make Kanter look like okay defense. At least Kanter can rebound and score extremely well, Okafor is just a scorer. Needless to say, an exceptional one.

I know how much you value bigs who score in the paint over everything else from your post history but you gotta be realistic, he's bad at most parts of the game and is more flawed than even Tim Hardaway Jr when he came in.

Well, he's a rookie.  He did block over 1 shot per game and he did grab over 7 boards per game.   You're right... I do value low post scoring as a part of an offensive scheme.  It opens the floor for shooters if you can have that skillset.   However, Rebounding over everything.  I can't tell if this is just him or if it's that he's a rookie who played one year at Duke in a system where you didn't have to be a man on man defender.   I don't know.  I'm not worried about that.  A few big man camps can fix that.  I'm worried more about off the court and if he can get his act together.   Believe me, if we could trade for him.. I would consider it because athletic bigs who can score inside don't grow on trees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Their not trading Saric. It's one of their bigs. Then again, Philly is not leaking their interest in who they want to draft. Some draftniks think it's Simmons but many think it's Ingram. I think it's clearly Ingram. 

The biggest deal is are we keeping or trading Sap. The attention he's generating is due to no superstars available for trades so he's the value player. They want a grandfather deal. I still say trade Sap for assets and trade one of the assets to NY but I have heard that the Knicks want to make the playoffs and try to win with Porzingis being the face. Millsap will help them and Batum who liked NY would be more willing to play in NY with Sap then with Melo since they kinda do the same things. 

For Atlanta, getting a center for Teague is likely and trading for a vet center or signing one in free agency is likely so getting Melo with Al, a PG and a center might be just what the doctor ordered. Tim development in the summer will he huge for us.

It's 99.9% Simmons. The only way it's not is if Simmons forces his way to the Lakers.

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, he's a rookie.  He did block over 1 shot per game and he did grab over 7 boards per game.   You're right... I do value low post scoring as a part of an offensive scheme.  It opens the floor for shooters if you can have that skillset.   However, Rebounding over everything.  I can't tell if this is just him or if it's that he's a rookie who played one year at Duke in a system where you didn't have to be a man on man defender.   I don't know.  I'm not worried about that.  A few big man camps can fix that.  I'm worried more about off the court and if he can get his act together.   Believe me, if we could trade for him.. I would consider it because athletic bigs who can score inside don't grow on trees.

It's not going to be easy. He's really a year away from playing key minutes for a playoff team much less a contender.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I don't know many that many players who bring what Noel brings. He's an exceptional defensive talent. He's effective around bad personnel defensively, can get steals as good as any big not named Millsap and do it all defensively with great athletic ability in the right system, talent around him and coaching. Noel could take that leap.

Jahlil is not lazy but he's not athletic and he's kinda limited. That's not his fault but we would either have to hide him or he's going to have to get much better on team defense like Tim.

From Jerry, it seems like he's leaning Ingram but no one will tip their hand.

• Premium Member

There hasn't been a big man in years that could compare to KAT. He is literally the center for the new era of the NBA. He can do anything on the court including hitting three's and can defend both low post and pick and roll with his lateral quickness. I would trade literally everyone on the Hawks to get KAT. He is that good. He's already the best big man in the NBA after one season.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know many that many players who bring what Noel brings. He's an exceptional defensive talent. He's effective around bad personnel defensively, can get steals as good as any big not named Millsap and do it all defensively with great athletic ability in the right system, talent around him and coaching. Noel could take that leap.

Jahlil is not lazy but he's not athletic and he's kinda limited. That's not his fault but we would either have to hide him or he's going to have to get much better on team defense like Tim.

From Jerry, it seems like he's leaning Ingram but no one will tip their hand.

I still think he tracks towards lazy on top of being unathletic.  And yeah, I keep remembering Okafor is a (relatively) bad rebounder.  Not that I wanted him all that much but, just thinking about it more, I'm convincing myself to change my order to 1. Saric, 2. Noel, 3. Okafor.  Congrats, counselor.

On the Ingram/Simmons discussion, @Spud2Nique brings up a salient point (for the first time ever).  Simmons "people" are apparently starting the campaign to get him to LAL (per NBARadio reports).  PHI may go with Ingram just to avoid that nonsense.  Actually a better fit anyway IMHO.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Lakers looking to trade out of 2 spot, we can send them Horford, SnT  for that, get INgram - SF solved, send Teague to Sixers for a center,  easy peasy.    

What is the source for this?