• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is going to be extremely active on draft night

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

What player can we get in the top 5 will do anything ? there are only 2 good players in this draft. 

Not necessarily. Hield, Brown, Beasely, and Chriss are all guys that can contribute. The one guy that I'd like to see the Hawks trade up to get is Brown. He's REALLY explosive and has a great motor.

Utah needs a PG as well.

I think people seriously overestimate the contribution of Draft players vs. already proven NBA players. A lot draftees are busts and out of the league after their first contract. This is also a 2-person draft (Simmons and Ingram), so not sure if its the one that the Hawks should be busting the bank to trade up.

Also on our radar in potential deals with Philly should be Saric. He hasn't wanted to come over to them yet, probably because they've been so bad, but he might have a desire to come play for a team like the Hawks. They might give him up for fairly little at this point. Seems like there are issues with him not being bound by rookie deals after a certain amount of time after being drafted, but if we could get him thrown into a trade for one of our point guards it could be a big deal for our team. He would be a great fit at the 3 spot.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

Utah needs a PG as well.

I think people seriously overestimate the contribution of Draft players vs. already proven NBA players. A lot draftees are busts and out of the league after their first contract. This is also a 2-person draft (Simmons and Ingram), so not sure if its the one that the Hawks should be busting the bank to trade up.

Getting control of a player for 4 years at a discount price and having control of them for the first 8 or so years of their career with big advantages to resign them after that is the boon of drafted players.  You also get upside and downside of the drafted player.

Kind of like the difference between Rodney Hood/John Jenkins (longer team control, more unknown) and THJr. (two years less team control, more of a known commodity).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

Also on our radar in potential deals with Philly should be Saric. He hasn't wanted to come over to them yet, probably because they've been so bad, but he might have a desire to come play for a team like the Hawks. They might give him up for fairly little at this point. Seems like there are issues with him not being bound by rookie deals after a certain amount of time after being drafted, but if we could get him thrown into a trade for one of our point guards it could be a big deal for our team. He would be a great fit at the 3 spot.

IIRC, the latest reports have him coming over next season.  IIUC, he delayed coming in order to avoid having to sign a rookie deal kinda like Mirotic did (again, IIRC).  However, I think he'd have to stay through next season to avoid that so I'm not sure why he's (supposedly) coming now.

If I'm PHI, I look to trade Okafor regardless but it has the added benefit of making room for Simmons.  If I'm taking Ingram, I look to trade Saric.

I read somewhere  that if Philly takes Simmons they should look to move Sacric since both are playmaking forwards.

If they take Ingram then they look to move Okafor or Noel.

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I read somewhere  that if Philly takes Simmons they should look to move Sacric since both are playmaking forwards.

If they take Ingram then they look to move Okafor or Noel.

Teague for Saric+26th pick? Obviously they would have to send us salary scrubs but that could be the main pieces. 

43 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Teague for Saric+26th pick? Obviously they would have to send us salary scrubs but that could be the main pieces. 

Their not trading Saric. It's one of the two bigs.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Their not trading Saric. It's one of the two bigs.

And you know this because...oh ya, I forgot, word on the street....

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

And you know this because...oh ya, I forgot, word on the street....

be nice. he is always up front when he's reporting something he's heard through the grapevine or when he's just giving an opinion like the one you quoted

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

be nice. he is always up front when he's reporting something he's heard through the grapevine or when he's just giving an opinion like the one you quoted

First off, I was nice. Secondly, what does he report or has reported in the past that is any more profound than anything anyone else has "reported". Just tired of him speaking so matter of fact like he's got a source or like he's above everyone else. Like if we question his opinion then we are wrong and he is right. To that I say, GTFOH.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

First off, I was nice. Secondly, what does he report or has reported in the past that is any more profound than anything anyone else has "reported". Just tired of him speaking so matter of fact like he's got a source or like he's above everyone else. Like if we question his opinion then we are wrong and he is right. To that I say, GTFOH.

He's said he has contacts and I believe him. I used to have contacts within the Hawks and the arena side of things. Not everyone who says they have some kind of source is lying or trolling.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's said he has contacts and I believe him. I used to have contacts within the Hawks and the arena side of things. Not everyone who says they have some kind of source is lying or trolling.

The poster in question also said he was a scout when he first got here. This is the internet where you can be anything you want to be and have people believing you are what you say you are. But you better be able to back it up or you risk losing credibility. The poster in question was not able to back it up and some of us still remember that. In your case Soth, I believed you and had no doubt that you were telling the truth. Jealousy from other posters was the main reason you were treated how you were treated and I thought that was unfair. The Squawk was rough back then. It's a MUCH better forum now.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Lol...ok sure. Have it your way. If one of his predictions comes to, EVER, I'll eat crow, I like it sautéed.

22 hours ago, hawkman said:

Believe me, I know. But I have a gut feeling that this time will be different. There's no way we blow three Drafts in a row. NO WAY. And with the way this team got run off the court the last two seasons, I can't see the Hawks just standing pat and thinking the fans will be okay with another WLOC statement after we again fail to attract any big free agents. The Hawks brass should understand by now that they are going to have to use the Draft to get their marquee player. If there are teams willing to trade in the top five, the Hawks absolutely have to get involved. Drafting Taurean Prince and saying, "He's the guy we were targeting the whole time", is not gonna get it this time.

I used to get those too. It wasn't usually what I thought it was. But let me pass on the remedy, Brougham. 

You're welcome. 

k2-_f99af17b-a4c0-4323-b2db-972b36062296.v1.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, hawkman said:

The poster in question also said he was a scout when he first got here. This is the internet where you can be anything you want to be and have people believing you are what you say you are. But you better be able to back it up or you risk losing credibility. The poster in question was not able to back it up and some of us still remember that. In your case Soth, I believed you and had no doubt that you were telling the truth. Jealousy from other posters was the main reason you were treated how you were treated and I thought that was unfair. The Squawk was rough back then. It's a MUCH better forum now.

Thank you for the kind words. The cowards that threatened to do things to my wife and myself that hid behind troll accounts are a thing of the distant past. This place is honestly light years ahead of the way the community treated itself at times.

As for supes I do believe the guy. We've had private conversations that convince me he's legit with his sources. Take that for what it is worth.

• Like 2