• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Since the Draft Lottery is FIXED... My prediction is

Diesel

• Premium Member

#1.  Lakers = This is the parting gift for Kobe.

#2.  Orlando = Big Market, Young Team, Needs something.

#3.  Philly = Can't win three in a row.    Also, they have to try to disprove that it's rigged because Dikembe has already sent out congrats to the 76ers.

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Falls into that Bibby fouls Kobe's elbow with his nose category. Of course the nose bleeds profusley while Kobe goes to the line. Sometimes you do worry about the NBA/big brother theme. Again the curse of no superstar.   

Usually only poor coaches will stand around for the unprofessional style of ball required to tank.  Pop maybe the only one who successfully pulled a Stealth.

I grew up a little and no longer vehemently oppose all facets of the method like I used to, it can and has worked. I'm just glad Bud isn't the type.  

The Sixers can possibly do something with Simmons now that the Colangeloes are in place.  The Lakers are gonna ruin that skinny Duke kid. 

The representatives for some of the teams were interesting.  Willie Cauley Stein looks like the walking embodiment of the Kings.  And for there to be such a locker room issue against Jimmy Butler he was front and center for the Bulls.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Usually only poor coaches will stand around for the unprofessional style of ball required to tank.  Pop maybe the only one who successfully pulled a Stealth.

I grew up a little and no longer vehemently oppose all facets of the method like I used to, it can and has worked. I'm just glad Bud isn't the type.  

The Sixers can possibly do something with Simmons now that the Colangeloes are in place.  The Lakers are gonna ruin that skinny Duke kid. 

The representatives for some of the teams were interesting.  Willie Cauley Stein looks like the walking embodiment of the Kings.  And for there to be such a locker room issue against Jimmy Butler he was front and center for the Bulls.

Not sure what in the Colangelo's recent history tells you they'll do anything positive.

On tanking, meh it'll certainly allow you to collect high picks which entice fans like shiny things catch the attention of small mammals.  Not sure it actually works though.

@Jody23, on Deke's tweet, the idiot probably read the lotto odds and thought the drawing had already taken place.  Nothing to see there.

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

So Dikembe Mutombo tweets congratulations to the Sixers for winning the 1st pick at around 4:35 p.m. and then deletes his tweet.  And would you look at who wins the draft lottery.

Yep.  The Draft Lottery is FIXED.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

But the actual draft lottery was to have taken place at around 7:00 p.m.  So how did Deke know the results before the actual drawing took place?

THE NBA is the WWE of Sports.

First, The Draft Lottery is fixed.

Second,  the refs intervened to help OKC get passed San Antonio and get passed GS so that Cleveland can win the championship this year.

IF you believe not, review the bad calls.   Most of them has helped OKC.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I would consider trading Al to Boston for #3, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk and another 1st.  Not sure if I or they would actually go for it but it is a thought.

Horf is a free agent now. That ship sailed at the trade deadline.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

The picks Cleveland landed when LeBron went to Miami has really made me think about the draft being fixed. Especially when they landed the #1 pick when they were expected to pick around 7/8 (LeBrons FA year).

I bet there is some randomness to it, but if something needs to be done somebody can make it happen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

The picks Cleveland landed when LeBron went to Miami has really made me think about the draft being fixed. Especially when they landed the #1 pick when they were expected to pick around 7/8 (LeBrons FA year).

I bet there is some randomness to it, but if something needs to be done somebody can make it happen.

It's fixed.

I think the stat is that this is the 5th time that the team with the worst record has won the 1st pick of the lottery.

The lottery has been put into place to make sure that the league can always reward a market.

When Lebron left Cleveland, Cleveland wins 3 1s in a row.

Fixed.

If it wasn't fixed, then they would move to something a little more permanent.

I heard Mike from Mike and Mike suggesting a system where the first team that missed the playoffs win the first pick overall??

We've had guys to suggest a rotating pick system. 

Some have even suggested punishing teams that finish worst.

I don't know.  I do believe that once every team has their on DLeague affiliate then there will be a lot more that can be done with how the draft works.

9 hours ago, cam1218 said:

Its fixed.  

Why you think Oklahoma City was able to get both Durant and Westbrook?  It was to increase the markability of that Seattle squad that they knew they was moving to another city.  When the NBA OWNERS decide Atlanta will get a superstar or win a champion, THEN, it will happen.  

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its fixed.  

Why you think Oklahoma City was able to get both Durant and Westbrook?  It was to increase the markability of that Seattle squad that they knew they was moving to another city.  When the NBA OWNERS decide Atlanta will get a superstar or win a champion, THEN, it will happen.  

Yeah, the NBA fixed it so that Oden, Mayo and Beasley would all be mistakenly picked before Durant and Westbrook.  Because you can fix front office stupidity and predict bad players.

Just stupid.

• Like 2